#1 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hey just curios as to what your top 3 characters that are from 40k, this excludes Gods, Primarchs and the Emperor, due to the fact that most of us will put down one of those, I'm asking about characters in-game or in-book

Mine
1: Gabriel Angelos: He was the first 40k character I met and to this day I think he's bad ass and one of the best science fiction characters, even though he is a Blood Raven =P Honestly the Blood Raven's Omnibus should have been written by a better author.

2: Korlandril: For most of you that don't know, Korlandril was the protagonist in The Path of the Warrior. His decent into hatred and anger that caused him to become a Aspect Warrior was great! He was a cool character, though through the eyes of Thirianna in the second book it made him look kind of like a *CENSORED*.

3: Kayvaan Shrike:... need I explain? "Death Stalks in the Shadows"
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

1. Lysander: HAMMER TIME!

2. Usaz (from Soul Hunter by Aarron Dembski Bowden): you know your ape shit when you scream BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD and attack a Titan with a Bolt Pistol :P

3. Alpharius/Omegon: for betraying to not betray to save the universe from Chaos by joining it... :huh:

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

I like Korlandril as well, though he descends into being an Exarch, not an Aspect Warrior.

Zso Sahaal from Lord of the Night. A very human character even though he is a member of a chaos/traitor legion.

And if I have to pick a 3rd, Barabas Dantioch. The warsmith of the Iron Warriors. Because when his legion comes back and tells him they are going to war with Terra he holds to his convictions and has the guts to say "Our Primarch is wrong" and fight his whole legion.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#4 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Say what you will but:
1) Captain Uriel Ventris
2) Captain Garviel Loken
3) Scout Sgt. Mkoll (Gaunt's Ghosts)

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#5 Dominion

Dominion

Space Wolf - Blood Claw

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

idk I like a lot of characters but I guess the current top three roster would be:

1. Sergeant Priad in Dan Abnetts Brothers Of The Snake. was a good read. need more

2. Silverstien from Henry Zous Emperors mercy. was rooting for this very capable henchman all the way.

3. Colonel Baeder from flesh and Iron. supported his downfall. Path to chaos seems justified. can't wait to see what he does next in the bastion wars series.
Posted Image

#6 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

The lion(primarch) very fascinating to me watch in his story unfold.

Jon Gramaticus, I must know more! Lol

Ahzek Ahriman, wow.
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#7 Sammael

Sammael

Master of Sanctity, Keeper of the Word

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

My top 3? Off the top of my head, would be:
1) Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé the Damned: He's a really fascinating character who's shaped the 40K universe without most of it ever knowing, including, bringing my other two fave characters together!
2)Commissar Sebastian Yarrick, The Hero of Armageddon: He's so hard the Black Templars didn't dare say 'no' when he told them he was coming along on their crusade ships. 'Nuff Said.
3)Warboss Ghazkhul Mag Uruk Thraka, The Beast of Armageddon: I love the Orks, and the fact they get this guy, who has some brilliant quotes, and a really nice Intertwining backstory with Yarrick makes him a lot of fun. "Humies is all weak scum that deserve ta get stomped. 'Cept for One-Eye Yarrick. He knows how ter fight.
Serving Emperor and Imperium since Apr 2012.
Posted Image

#8 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Damn it's tough to pick just three as there are at least 10 characters I could name at any one time.

1) Ephrael Stern (Daemonifuge): I saw the comics years ago, never bought them, but looked 'em up and DAMN she is awesome (also, if you don't die after 3 times, you are automatically awesome)

2) Cypher of the Fallen Angels: I'm not big on Chaos characters, but the guy is too cool not to like. His story is intriguing to say the least

3) B'jorn the Fell Handed of the Space Wolves: He was alive during the Horus Heresy, and is STILL alive...'nuff said

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#9 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I like Korlandril as well, though he descends into being an Exarch, not an Aspect Warrior.

Zso Sahaal from Lord of the Night. A very human character even though he is a member of a chaos/traitor legion.

And if I have to pick a 3rd, Barabas Dantioch. The warsmith of the Iron Warriors. Because when his legion comes back and tells him they are going to war with Terra he holds to his convictions and has the guts to say "Our Primarch is wrong" and fight his whole legion.

I was referring to BEFORE he became an Exarch, I liked the part where he had that 'fight scene' (if you can call it) with Thirianna, but yeah it is fun to also and try to see where he starts losing himself, kind of odd he killed one Ork and he was all better =/ of course being smashed by a chain axe probably helped too... lol

Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#10 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I like how only one grand company was able to hold off a never ending relentless attack from a legions worth of forces for a whole year and won.

This transmission was found sent by Dantioch to the opposing Warsmith Krendl just before he activated the self destruct on the fortress and killed thousands of Traitor Space Marines when the fortress fell from the ceiling and crushed an entire titan legion and then stole his flag ship with less than half a dozen Astartes left:

Spoiler

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#11 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

1) Chapter Master Gabriel Seth. Total badass with two handed chainsword!
2) Cypher the fallen. Total bad ass 41st millenium gunslinger AND he pulls off the is he isn't he the bad guy anti hero bit.
3) Blood Angels 2nd company 4th tactical squad, space marine number 4. The one with the flamer. Don't fuck with him! Total lunatic.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#12 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I believe cypher will be the form that holds the lions soul, and that's why he must get to the emperor so bad. It may also be the reason jonson had him elevated to lord cypher in the first place. He had insight to a possible outcome.
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#13 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

1.Talos Valcoran, for being a bad ass night lord.
2.Commissar Cain
3.Lord commander Dante

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

1) Ciaphas Cain
2) Ragnar Blackmane
3) Bjorn The Fell Handed

1 and 2 are obvious, 3 is because in the book "Battle of The Fang" he rugby tackles Magnus the Red off a cliff, and laughs maniacally all the way down. When they find him lodged in a glacier, he's still laughing.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#15 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

3) Bjorn The Fell Handed

3 is because in the book "Battle of The Fang" he rugby tackles Magnus the Red off a cliff.

I would say him as well, and the scout captain from that book

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#16 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Just going off books I have read.

1 - Reclusiarch Grimaldus of the Black Templars ( Helsreach)

2 - Captain Alessio(my first name is not *CENSORED* no matter what Sammael thinks) Cortez of the Crimson Fists (Rynns World)

3 - Cato Sicarius of the Ultramarines. Took down one of the Necron pyramids by himself! (Fall of Damnos). Also appears in many of the Ultramarines books.

Honorable mention - becuase 3 is not enough.

Pedro Kantor, Lysander, Ragnar. The list can go on and on. Dont get me started on HH characters.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#17 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

1) khârn the betrayer cause he is the champion of khorne
2) horus cause he kind of killed the emperors body
3) zachariah kersh (legion of the dammed) he was the sole survivor of the cholercaust crusade and eventually became chapter master of the excoriators
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#18 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

In no particular order

Zso sahall- the man had to be locked up in a damn space hulk to be stopped

Barsabas- the man set half of a gorgon recruiting world to find his bondmate, that's true brotherhood

Talos - the man I a godamn monster even tho I hate the e. of soul hunter

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#19 ImperialFist66

ImperialFist66

Imperial Fists 1st Company Chaplain

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:59 AM

Captain of the Imperial Fists' 1st Company Darnath Lysander

Chapter Master Gabriel Seth of the Flesh Tearers

Chapter Master Zachariah Kresh of the Excoriators

... Each one a hard ass amongst the toughest SOBs humanity can produce.
"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us.
Honor shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

From the teachings of Rhetoricus

#20 ImperialFist66

ImperialFist66

Imperial Fists 1st Company Chaplain

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Captain of the Imperial Fists' 1st Company Darnath Lysander

Chapter Master Gabriel Seth of the Flesh Tearers

Chapter Master Zachariah Kresh of the Excoriators

... Each one a hard ass amongst the toughest SOBs humanity can produce.

Ok, cheating, but I have three 'bad' individuals too...

Warsmith Hansou

Khorsabad Maw

Asdrubael Vect
"The Emperor commands us. Dorn guides us.
Honor shields us. Fear our name, for it is vengeance."

From the teachings of Rhetoricus

Change Theme!