5 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

This post is meant in an objective manner, it might be a little insulting but I am trying to help ya'll out!

I have observed a few combats that the Alliance members who are new to the game have launched. The main thing I have noticed is how wasteful of resources you are.

The limiting factor for combat will be Repair Time, not Command Points, for high level battles. Repair cost scales exponentially with Damage taken, so a tickled unit will cost a little to repair, while a dead unit will cost ~30 minutes+.

No matter what your favourite unit is, there is going to be a defence suited to mincing you up. I am going to use the Vertigo/Firehawk tactic as my example below.

When I launch my Firehawks at the enemy, the AA Units that are mobile (there are no static AA defences at the start of the game) will begin moving before your units are on the field. If they have less than half the field to move, they will generally get there before your planes.

It only takes 1 AA unit to render a Hawk useless, as their (Hawk) damage decreases with respect to damage taken.

What you should do is buy a "Sacrificial" Paladin and use it to spoof the enemy defences out of place, and couple it with an Anti Infantry wave to kill them. If you time it right, and with a bit of luck your planes will make it to their targets with most of their health intact, and your repair costs won't be so damn high!

In the case of Nod, you're in luck. Your cheapy plane is the Venom, which is an AI unit and the AA units at the start of the game are Infantry . Therefore the Venoms will pull the AA Defence out of place, and slaughter them!

I hope this helps you guys

Cru

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the advice. How many Venoms do you recommend? I have 2 and they are level 10.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

2 would be good for feinting, stack em side by side so they can stack dmg output

cruSig2.jpg

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Ok thanks =) I will apply tactic in the next AI battle I have to see how well it works =)

2:09PM I have tried them out. Timed it slightly wrong and lost a vertigo. Both of the Venoms made it out. If you want to see the battle report it should be the latest report. Was against a level 10 outpost. I won but will cost a little bit to repair. (I have about 5 times more crystals than power and tiberium =/

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

Ok thanks =) I will apply tactic in the next AI battle I have to see how well it works =)

2:09PM I have tried them out. Timed it slightly wrong and lost a vertigo. Both of the Venoms made it out. If you want to see the battle report it should be the latest report. Was against a level 10 outpost. I won but will cost a little bit to repair. (I have about 5 times more crystals than power and tiberium =/

You run low on power fast, and you cannot transfer it between bases either. Very important to level it up

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

I have 3 level 12 reactors, a level 11 reactor and a level 10 reactor with a level 13 accumulator that is connected the level 11 and 12s =) I am working on upgrade all of my resources gathers upgraded to level 12

Change Theme!