#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Howdy,

There are two versions of this newsletter. The basic text version below, and the nice .PDF version available for download at the link below.

http://gothicwars.or... Newsletter.pdf

Blood Games

Friday the 25th of May, until Sunday the 27th of May...

Brother vs. Brother, locked in an epic struggle known only as "THE BLOOD GAMES"

Every member of the GW and space marine community will participate in the largest mobilization of warriors since the Great Crusade. All will be split into two, opposing forces, and for the duration will share but 1 identity. There are no factions, no chapters, no past. There is only "black" vs. "bone” and for those 41 hours Xbox live will know nothing but our war.

Sign up deadline. Friday May 25th 12 pm Est. Ask your faction leaders to guide you, or follow the directions found here.

http://www.gothicwar...lay.php?fid=136

It's time we remembered who we are, and why we started this community in the first place.

Sanctuary

Thugren’s (aka Fenirs) custom built roleplay Sanctuary has been immensely popular. It’s set in a post-zombie apocalyptic wasteland, in the fortified town of Sanctuary.

The story will be advancing to chapter 2 very shortly, and once it does there will be no new entrants into the story. So if you want to take part then get your ass in that door before it shuts!

Conquest Campaign

Nox’s campaign has been running well, we welcome the Templars to the game this week, and the Tyranids have been seen off for now. Recent, hiccups in the community have caused the campaign progress to slow somewhat, but after this week it’ll be back at full force. After all, the Nids are coming for you, ready or not….

Some chapters running in it need men, so if you fancy playing Nox can find a home for you. You don’t need anything but a web browser to take part which seems to be a common misconception. You can get even more involved and play out your battles on VASSAL, but if you can’t Nox does them for you

Website Chat

Apulo has got this up and running and we are currently in the closed beta stage. Hopefully within the next week or so all Donators will be able to access it. You can login via a program called Pidgin, through the website, or a variety of Jabber/XMNP chat apps for smartphones and tablets.

Eventually this will be available from the sidebar on the forum, so you’ll be able to chat to friends (you have to add friends, so you have control over who can talk to you) and take part in various chat rooms. These chatrooms will be split by group, so the Crimson Fists will have their own that only their members can access. This will allow quick web-based group meetings.

Teamspeak

Thanks to our webserver upgrade, we now host our own 512 slot (each slot is for a person connecting) server. It’s free to use, and amazingly useful for online gaming on the PC. Many of you may have used Ventrilo, but Teamspeak 3 is a far superior system; it has many cool features, but the most important are ingame overlay and there is less international distortion.

A lot of members use XBL for PC Gaming, but TS3 has none of those stupid disconnection issues XBL Parties have, so if you’re having a particularly bad day, remember it as an alternative.

Silent Creepers

This month we have welcomed The Silent Creepers, Thugren’s WoW guild of 4 years, to our community. For those of you who don’t know much about WoW (World of Warcraft), guilds don’t tend to last very long on there. They either fall to pieces due to bickering or immaturity within a year, so for them to have lasted 4 years and still be a tight-knit, happy community says a lot about their spirit, character and bond. It is a pleasure to have you all here!

As a small addon here, we now have WoW Item linking and Battletag linking on the website. I’ll get Diablo linking running when it’s available for myBB. Find guides on these things in the usual Website Guide section.

New Space Marine Factions

We also welcomed (or will welcome) new factions this month:

• Black Templars – Led by Ignotis Ordo
• Thousand Sons - Led by Talonx13
• Ultramarines – Led by Domine Nox
• Raven Guard – Led by Batman2213
• Grey Knights – Soon to be led by Havic 24
• World Eaters – Soon to be led by Ragescreamer889

Some of them you know already, some are new to the site entirely. I hope you will all give them a good heartfelt welcome… and then thump them ;)

I have had the honour of getting to know some of them over the course of the month, and they’re good people. So make them welcome, and get some games going!

Challenge Calendar

Apulo has outdone himself this time, there is now a Challenge Calendar on the main menu bar of the forum. You can set a date for a challenge and review those already created; what makes this different from the old calendar system is the timezone localization.

This means that the person creating the event can set a time for their timezone, and the calendar automatically translates that into the timezone for anyone viewing it; so if I was to make a challenge for 10am NZST (GMT+11 right now), Joker in the UK would see it as 10pm GMT, his local time.

There is also a Rules box for writing out the rules for the game, so all players know in advance. If you don’t like the rules, don’t sign up as attending; if you attend, don’t bitch or whine about them (unless someone cheats of course!). The “Challenger” group is set automatically by the website based on your chapter, but you set your victim opponent by a drop down box!

There’s a guide coming later this week with shiny pictures! It’ll be in the usual Website Guide section.

Website Guides

I just wanted to put a final note in here about guides. Since the inception of this site we have laboured to make guides on how to use it’s more obscure features. I receive on average 8-15 PMs every morning, and about a third of them are usually questions that are already solved in guides, so I just link the them to the asker. For your convenience, they are all located here

http://www.gothicwar...play.php?fid=81

Just as a final note, I want to thank the community members who stood fast against the recent waves of pettiness that washed over our site. The Mods, Admins and Leaders worked extremely well in resolving the matter officially, but the way the normal members reacted and conducted themselves, with dignity and maturity, has made me proud of you all. We did lose some people, but the net member shift was in the positive direction, we are bigger, better and stronger than ever!

That’s all for now folks! I’ll try to send these things out monthly from now on.

Cru

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Making me blush damnit

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Making me blush damnit

Like a boss!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

So get in the rp while you still can!

Also awesome newsletter.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#5 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

Doesn't Apulo consistently out do himself.

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#6 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

I try. Omnissiah knows, I try.

#7 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:15 AM

you dont try brother, you achieve :)

Posted Image

#8 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

sounds like this site is in its next Metamorphous stage...(Or whatever tyrannids do)
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#9 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Hopefully in a few months we can see the full return of some chapters like the Space Wolves, I miss them.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#10 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I miss the Space Wolves too. :(
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hopefully in a few months we can see the full return of some chapters like the Space Wolves, I miss them.

Brother Envelope is still here organizing games and some if their members were among those who rose above the immaturity and are still around.

However we have a ton of new chapters and that sexy calendars, that can only mean one thing.... More blood spilled!!!

cruSig2.jpg

#12 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

It doesn't matter how many new chapters come (although I will welcome all new chapters or members with open arms until they take my food. Then they must die). I'm disappointed that the issue that had occurred resulted in their leave. I didn't know them all nor have I probably ever really even interacted/played with any of them, but they're still our brothers. I miss them. I really hope that they ALL can come back. It's nice to know that there are still a few of them here, but it still kind of breaks my heart that we couldn't fix the situation so that they could stay and that we can all be together on GothicWars peacefully.

Edit: That is probably the girliest thing I've ever said on this site. Aside proclaiming my love for Cicero.
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#13 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

ALL:
Im sure crucias didnt want this turn into another Space Wolves/Dark Angels thing...
Trend carefully - these are grounds for warnings...trust me.

P.S - love the new calender BTW works great!
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#14 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

I dont see any mention or rise to an argument? Just that we hope chapters like the Space Wolves and Blood Angels return.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!