6 svar till detta ämne

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 11 maj 2012 - 09:00

Does anyone know any good bands that play folk or viking metal? I feel like listening to some more of them. I have lots of Ensiferum and Tyr but don't know any other bands like them so does anyone know of any good band who play folk or viking metal? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks :D

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 inlägg

Postad 11 maj 2012 - 09:13

Does anyone know any good bands that play folk or viking metal? I feel like listening to some more of them. I have lots of Ensiferum and Tyr but don't know any other bands like them so does anyone know of any good band who play folk or viking metal? Any recommendations would be great. Thanks :D

Amon Armath - i think is how its spelt, they dont call themsevles "Viking Metal" but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck - chances are...:cool:

EDIT: looked em up...i was way off on the spelling...lol changed it..should be good now.
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 11 maj 2012 - 09:16

I'll have a look at them and see what I think of them thanks for the help =)
I just Youtubed it and I think you might have men't Amon Amarath. I am now checking out them =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 12 maj 2012 - 09:11

Thank you I quite like the sound of them =D they sound great =) Now I need to get some and prepare to play Skyrim or something else Nordic to kill things too =)

#5 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 482 inlägg

Postad 14 maj 2012 - 12:26

If you like Viking Metal then Equilibrium's album Sagas is probably the best your ever going to hear (don't listen to their latest album, it sucks).

Everything I like in Viking Metal in one band.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#6 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 inlägg

Postad 14 maj 2012 - 02:35

If you like Viking Metal then Equilibrium's album Sagas is probably the best your ever going to hear (don't listen to their latest album, it sucks).

Everything I like in Viking Metal in one band.

i completely spaced them...yeah theyre awesome...:)
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#7 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 482 inlägg

Postad 14 maj 2012 - 02:39

Also if anyone's intrested, check out Moonsorrow.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

Change Theme!