#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hello everyone,

So you probably heard about a small fuss we had the other day? Well as I promised, here is the thread explaining things to the best of my ability; and also outlining some fallout.

Firstly a small warning, this post is written in the spirit of good faith and truthfulness. A single post in reply here that falls into the category of flaming or trolling will net you instant Mod attention, and not in a nice way. Be mature, be respectful.

What The Fuck Happened?

Note: This story is pieced together from what both sides have said to various people and then to us, the Mods, Leaders and Admin.

• Wolves Challenge Dark Angels
  • Dark Angels put off game due to timezone issues
  • Game commences some days later
  • Dern's car was in the mechanics and when he went to pick it up on the way home from work the engine wasn't yet re-assembled
  • First two games commenced run by Cypher for the DA's while Dern makes his way home
  • SW's use tactics which ruffle DA's feathers
  • Dern turns up and is briefed on how the games went between game 2 and 3
  • Dern decided not to take game seriously due to aforementioned tactics and repeatedly jumps to B on Shattered Bridge and lets them kill him
  • A lot of insults fly both ways
  • Next day Dern, Operth, DarkSaint and Skotten in a party, Dern apologises for his conduct, both ingame and inchat. Both apologies rejected
  • Dern makes a public apology to all Wolf members who played, this is also ignored
    • Note: Still no apology from the Wolves for their part in it all
  • A member makes a post, I delete it and warn him for it
  • Some hours pass and replies to Derns apology from other community members are positive
  • A member makes another inflamatory posts, this time no Admins or Mods are around and it doesn't get removed
  • Resulting argument from both sides raises tempers to a crescendo.
  • Skotten decided to take the Wolves and "officially" leave this site
    • Note: Still no apology, even to other members now dragged into what is essentially a private squabble
  • Mods start putting people on moderated-posting to combat spread of flames
  • Study-Group formed and the entire situation discussed openly between Mods and Leaders
  • Punishments selected (Temp-Suspensions, no bans)
  • Discussion begins on "No-Bickering" rules and accompanying mod actions

Basically this was really a personal issue between Dern and Skotten (+ mayby a few other players in that game). The rest of the community was unfairly dragged into it.

I want to mention that the sub-bullet points regarding the SW's are not intended to make them look bad. Just to try and remove this delusion that seems to be fogging up the communities view that they are in fact completely innocent. Both sides are equally responsible for subjecting us to this mess, and both sides should equally share the blame, resentment and animosity if there is to be any. Remember that only a few caused this, do not shame us all by shunning entire factions because of the actions of a few.

I have to post a small apology for a part I unwittingly played here. There was a post about "Cheap Tactics" made and I didn't realize that's what it was about (the game - I found out after Skottens post about impartiality). So when I replied about Melta Spam and Rocket Sniping (Halo 3) I looked like I was beating on the Wolves. So my apologies for being a muppet there!

So What Happens Now?

Well there is a list (below) of members who were decided, after some debate, to be the "ringleaders" of this mess and they will all receive 3 day suspensions. During this time period they will be unable to login, and therefore only able to view the Guest areas of the forum.

Now I know this is slightly unfair to those suspended and staying here, because one of the two main culprits has left the site. We cannot do anything about this, we know we're pretty awesome but not that awesome. What we will do is suspend them if they ever come back, I know this might be considered incentive for the Wolves to never come back, but if they can be mature about it then it won't deter them if such an unlikely occasion ever arises.

The Mods will be expanding again with the view to try and have someone monitoring the site at all times. Zero will discuss this at a time when he is ready.

There will also be a new section added to the Community Rules page about how the Mod team will react ruthlessly to petty bickering. We have always expected people to act their age and not bicker like pre-schoolers, however we have all disappointed by this.

Just to ride the wave of efficiency tearing through the leaders and mods right now, we will also put in some rules about "Cheap Tactics" and "Game Rules", basically trying to clamp down on the COMPLAINING. If you think someone is cheap and not fun to play (whether you win or loose) do what I do and just don't play them!

Mods, Leaders, Members and even Admin will be held accountable to this rule - which only applies to public forums. You can complain to your hearts content in the passworded faction forums.

Suspension List - To Begin On Monday (To Avoid Heavily Gamed Weekends)

• Skotten
  • TheGodDernMan
  • Cypher 1013
  • Sanguinary Priest Azrael Kade
  • Brother Remiel

Note: We have removed reputation given with the express purpose of trolling and flaming people involved. Negative feedback given in good faith is welcome, even wanted depending on the reason, however that given in bad faith is just immature.

Member Count

Well, Skotten has taken the Wolves officially off this site. They have some "ambassadors" here to organize games, so your games will be largely unaffected.

On paper (assuming all Wolves leave, plus some misc others involved) we will loose about 40 people. That includes all the inactives, so it's largely over-inflated; and some Wolves seem to be content to remain a part of the community (and to them we say thanks for being mature enough to not let crap like this affect you). Just to clarify this, Skotten has removed the formal Wolves from here, we have no intention of deleting the user group, so those members who wish to still be part of this community can wear their tags with pride. The staff here will certainly not persecute them for wearing Wolves tags, so we expect the rest of you do remain friendly.

That may seem like a lot of negatives, but it's really not considering the bulk of the members who actively post here are not leaving. Plus we have an absolute ton of new people coming in over the next few weeks. With the possible joining of 2 new chapters, Fenirs guild from WoW/Diablo, PLUS all the new features coming live soon... we're going to be bigger, better and more entertaining than ever.

I leave you with this final comment, there will be Pony Trolling!

Peace Out People! Screw this fuzzy-wuzzy shit, KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

There will be Ponies...

Also,
Thank you to Cru, Zero and the rest of the mod team for dealing with this as tactfully as possible...
Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

Thank you to Cru, Zero and the rest of the mod team for dealing with this as tactfully as possible...

And our thanks (as staff) to all the leaders and mods who helped us write this post and keep it fair and honest

cruSig2.jpg

#4 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

I will humbly submit to the judgement and punishment deemed necessary by the staff of this site, and I also thank you all for maintaining a fair and just outlook on this troubling situation.

I would also like to extend a sincere apology to the other factions and members for every bit of this mess, I will burden it and carry this mistake as a self example of what NOT to do for the future!

I hope that none of you look at the Dark Angels Chapter as a menace to this forum. We are all outstanding members who are worth your friendship, and take great pride in our chapter accomplishments here at Gothic Wars. From time to time, as men, things work negatively against us. What we do about it is what allows us to stand apart from all others. Honor, Truth, Integrity, Diplomacy and generally a good sense of humor :cool: Each of these characteristics embody who the Dark Angels are, with a twist of Emo Secrecy ;) unfortunately, the reason we are here is because I failed, and will learn from my error the hard way with the loss of a friend.

In closing I would like to say this:
I have heard from several of you, whom I trust and respect, that my diplomacy needs work lol. I tend to lean a little too much on being a straight shooter with a stern demeanor. For the future, I will make it a personal goal to work harder on that, to be the leader the Dernski should be lol

Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#5 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

If we do loose "40" potential members i think we as a community should help "share the load" get out there recruit, donate, spread the message and fight on...those individuals will be missed...
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#6 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hey, Cru. I saw you mentioned some new factions joining. My friend Marneus Calgar on xbox live said he was starting an ultramarines clan, and I referred him to GW. I told him to register here and talk to you about starting a new chapter, so hopefully we'll see him on here soon :)
Posted Image

#7 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

;p; im always sending messeges in the public matches
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#8 Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Iron Wolf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

mmmhm....mmmhm.....mmmmmmmhmmmmmm......ok this makes sense. thank you cruzias for this explanation.
Postad bild

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

mmmhm....mmmhm.....mmmmmmmhmmmmmm......ok this makes sense. thank you cruzias for this explanation.

You're welcome, I'm sorry you had to get dragged in like the rest of us

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Now that all of the unpleasantness is out of the way we all can continue with whats REALLY important. Conquering the World er I mean Gothic Sector!

#11 ogreninja

ogreninja

dark sorcerer of the night lords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

thank you cru and all the mods for sorting this out in a mature way
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

give them nothing, but take from them everything

#12 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thanks cru, for posting this. But I want the new shit already, all this talk of it is killing me.

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#13 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

cru? - just wondering where 2 blood angels come in? - sorry if i just missed that bit but im confused :/
Posted Image

#14 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

cru? - just wondering where 2 blood angels come in? - sorry if i just missed that bit but im confused :/

They were involved in this thread. Page 2 and on.

#15 Master Garus

Master Garus

Meatshield

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

By the Omnissiah..I get close to having enough Income for another LIVE Subscrip, and this occurs just before? Good thing I don't believe in Bad Omens...heh.

Well..least for the most part folks acted Maturely at the ending result of this fiasco.

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well..least for the most part folks acted Maturely at the ending result of this fiasco.

Aside from some people "throwing their toys out of the cot" it was handled quite well in retrospect. Also it seems to me the community is stronger than it was before, this caused most of the uninvolved chapters to bond.

Plus we have Mongo's thing coming up soon and I'm looking forward to killing people who cause me paperwork ^~

cruSig2.jpg

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

UPDATE: Suspensions have begun (72 hours)

cruSig2.jpg

#18 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Brothers let us not dwell on this topic anymore - we must look to the future and the Emperor for guidence...may the ones who were exiled fight hard during thier trials, and may we all fight harder in thier stead.
Postad bild

#19 Master Garus

Master Garus

Meatshield

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Well said Brother...that and do you all know what a pain it is to repair all the dents in the back rear ceramite plates of the suits from those who "Threw their toys out of the cots?"

Looking at the extensive damage....I see they must have experienced massive pain in the glutimus maximus,

#20 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Brother Garus - When do you return from the forge?
Your brothers have been missing you in your absence.
Postad bild

Change Theme!