29 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

I thought the rank and file members deserved to know that we are seriously discussing this whole debacle.

To be honest, we are lost in the storm alongside a lot of you. It seems petty bickering has overcome common sense and decency and blown something out of proportion.

While we consider what to do, you will notice we have added post moderation to all those throwing shit. This means a mod has to approve your post in order for it to appear, this allows us to edit out the crap.

Now, my final comment while we debate this is thus, if you want your point of view considered seriously, then do not scream and throw your toys out of the cot. Level headed comments will be taken seriously, raging comments will be treated as trolls. The Mods and select leaders (ie not the ones fighting) will be giving a lot of thought to this over the next day or so.

I will try and keep you in the loop, because you all deserve it.

Good day,

Cru

EDIT: Anyone who flames this thread will earn themselves moderated posts and a warning, no exceptions for anyone

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I've been hearing a lot about it. I don't want to stir up any more ruckus, so if someone would be so kind as to send me a PM explaining, it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Sure - I will try give you both sides to the best of my ability

cruSig2.jpg

#4 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

All i can say is i hope this smooths out. I like all the clans on here and would hate to see any leave.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#5 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

To be honest I haven't heard Skots side of the story. You wouldn't mind sending me a PM or something Cru?

Just trying to be smart cause I already got a warning...
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

I have decided not to send out the info anymore. While you have a right to know, the longer it's discussed the longer it'll take to fix.

Short version

A game between the Wolves and DA's didn't go very well (I mean how it was played, not win/loss) and resulted in insults being traded. An apology was made on XBL and rebuffed, then it was posted and altered to address all Wolves on here. Some people took that opportunity to incite trouble and hey presto, we're here

cruSig2.jpg

#7 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

k got it, I will do my best to put it out of mind now.
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#8 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'll be very brief. When I come back from boot camp in three months this site better still be here in all it's glory. Not chopped up and scattered to the four winds.

Remember there is ALWAYS a solution to every problem no matter the size. It sometimes takes TIME and EFFORT to reach said solution. So if everyone puts there BEST foot forward then as a community things should be (for the most part) smooth running.

#9 Oudane

Oudane

Rune Priest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

Dear Community, I joined you via Deathwatch cause they were cool. I have found the more members I meet from this community the cooler it is. I would like to have a chance to play with yall on the same team and as your enemy so I can get better and meet even more of you. Please keep it as cool as I think it is in my head.

Love your friend, Oudane

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

We will be here, a small argument between two sides that was incited into a full flame will not destroy this site. I had hoped that we were all better than that; however while some people have sadly proved me wrong, I still stand by my high opinion of the members who make up this community.

We will survive ;)

cruSig2.jpg

#11 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

heck yes! we will continue to have fun playing space marine as well! For the emporer! ...and chaos gods and all the jazz:-p
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#12 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

I have been gone for three days on here to see this, now from all the threads and posts I have read have allowed me to see what has transpired over the past few days. Let me say as a peer mediator at my school, and former moderator, as well as a person who had to stand by as his former chapter leaders battled it out in a fashion similar to this. There is always a way to resolve a situation, always. bickering gets you nowhere. Now for the topic of maturity, I am probs one of the youngest members on here, that being said the level of maturity should be higher when it comes to some things.
Personally I know when to admit I am at fault and to be the bigger person. Please realize leaders that you are role models for the young brothers of your chapter. Lead by example. And kill me for this star wars quote from Palpatine but "be mindful". As I said I have personally watched my two chapter leaders fight and it tore everyone apart, think of the stress and the worry you put your fellow battle brothers under when you do this. When leaders fight it not only demoralizes teammates, but also disheartens them. Please people learn to (sorry for cheesy quote) and I mean this in the nicest of ways but act your age not your shoe size.

Thank you for you time

NOSK

Sent from the medical bay of The Silent Shadow
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#13 scrambles

scrambles

Witches are magically delicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

hey, i just got out of extended cryosleep, can someone Pm me and brief me on what is going on?
Posted Image

#14 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

hey, i just got out of extended cryosleep, can someone Pm me and brief me on what is going on?

Yeah, just a sec.

#15 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

I give up.

How are people supposed to get on with life (on SM and this site, not that his site is my life, I have a life outside of the Internet, I HAVE A LIFE!!) :D

Seriously though, what's the point in saying let's move on, let's mend bridges when it keeps getting brought up and rubbed in those faces whom don't need it .... erm ..... To be rubbed?

So incredibly bored of it all now, yet this rubbish has dominated the forum for days. Let it die already!
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

So incredibly bored of it all now, yet this rubbish has dominated the forum for days. Let it die already!

There is a "study group" going on containing the mods and leaders not directly involved in the "fighting". Your leader is involved and we're all working towards a solution.

Once we come up with that, we will come up with new rules regarding "Inciting Fights". Those will be harshly enforced by the mods, with the full might of the Inquisition behind it!

Now back to the laughs

cruSig2.jpg

#17 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

I give up.

How are people supposed to get on with life (on SM and this site, not that his site is my life, I have a life outside of the Internet, I HAVE A LIFE!!) :D

Seriously though, what's the point in saying let's move on, let's mend bridges when it keeps getting brought up and rubbed in those faces whom don't need it .... erm ..... To be rubbed?

I guess we just wanted to formally say that it's over and being handled. It worked the last time we had this kind of drama. 

EDIT: Always a second too late.

EDIT: That's not how edits work.

#18 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Please try to keep this on topic guys. This is kinda serious :)

#19 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

personally from now on if there is a spat like what happened this weekend there should be rules set aside to deal with this situation...well call them "The Pony" rules...
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#20 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

personally from now on if there is a spat like what happened this weekend there should be rules set aside to deal with this situation...well call them "The Pony" rules...

Yeah we're working on that

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!