65 replies to this topic

#41 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

what is so sad about that is how the emperor screws them over and how the almighty ultramarines did his dirty work

Would you feel that way if the only thing that changed was the chapter that 'did his dirty work'?

And how did the Emperor screw them over? Before Lorgar was even found or the Space Marines perfected the Emperor said "Religion is bad." And Lorgar went around spouting religious nonsense. He did it to himself, and deserved to get a scolding. Since that's all he really got was a scolding. Kurze got locked up for his misdeed and summoned to face judgement. Lorgar just got told "No, shame on you. Now go about your business."

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#42 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

what is so sad about that is how the emperor screws them over and how the almighty ultramarines did his dirty work

Would you feel that way if the only thing that changed was the chapter that 'did his dirty work'?

Oh no, then it would be completely reasonable because it would be done by a legion that we all like :P

Messing with ya :D

Nox I swear, Id love to see you defend the Ultramarines on 4Chan. It would be a battle that will echo through the ages :D, one on a scale not seen since the cancer that nearly killed 4chan, aka the bronys.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#43 Faust kellhound

Faust kellhound

Dark Angels 2nd CO RavenWing, Apothecary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

nox, it is creep that your being protect of about the ultramarines, and your chaos you should hate them
Posted Image

#44 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Why is that? In real life I am neither a Night Lord nor an Ultramarine. My tag is merely the faction with which I am associated on this site, not a reflection of who I am. And I will always step in against unfounded opinion. I am a Devil's Advocate of sort. If people were ripping on the Thousand Sons, or the Salamanders, or any other group I would defend them just as vehemently.

Posted Image

#45 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

I know I'm new but I have to jump in on this:)

Anything Dan abnett writes is guaranteed to be awesome. Its like reading an action movie. However, he does stick to the more human side of 40k so if you wanna read space marine stories I recommend Graham mcniel or Johnathan Green. Now green tends to write EXTREMELY stiff characters, despite this he has me totally hooked on the black templars. The Armageddon books are some really emotional writing. There's a scene with an unlikely pilot of an ork bommer that I always choke up reading...

Basically you just have to read a few different authors and figure out what you're into. A good start is obviously the Horus heresy because all of the best writers have a hand in there plus you'll get a lot of backstory that's like the holy grail to us old timers. The first time you're actually in the presence of the emperor in these books still kinda gives me chills.
I think I'm gonna die, trying anyway...

#46 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

I cried when the cute little puppy got choked to death in "I am Legend" saddest damn thing ever... sniff, sniff
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#47 Christofari

Christofari

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:01 AM

My best friend is named Samantha and we watched it together, I laughed my crack off when he finally says her whole name instead of just "Sam" lol
I think I'm gonna die, trying anyway...

#48 Faust kellhound

Faust kellhound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

i just got horus rising. oh yeah cant wait to start i just need to finish the book im on now
Posted Image

#49 Faust kellhound

Faust kellhound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

does anyone know a good codex to get and read and by who if that is a thing
Posted Image

#50 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Well I'm sure you know you don't get a Codex to just read it, but the SM one is good, because its the most well done I've seen so far. Though I like the Eldar one, because half of the 40k fans out there don't even understand the Eldar =(

#51 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Well I'm sure you know you don't get a Codex to just read it, but the SM one is good, because its the most well done I've seen so far. Though I like the Eldar one, because half of the 40k fans out there don't even understand the Eldar =(

no, no - we get them. we just dont like them :P
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#52 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

If you got them, you would like them. PROVEN FACT! lol not really... I can understand why some people don't like Eldar, what I don't understand how they're so stupid to think the Eldar are retarded, because they caused Armaggeddon, honestly, humanity would have done the same exact damn thing, AND THEY PROBABLY WOULD HAVE INVADED AFTERWARDS. Just saying lol

#53 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Eldar are awesome in table top, and DoW (also known as Dawn of Eldar for Relics favouritism shit)

But fluff wise they're retarded. Eldrad invited the primarch Fulgrim to a picnic on the surface, it ended with many dead Eldar and a happy Slaanesh.

Posted Image

#54 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I fail to see Relic's favoritism of the Eldar in DoW. I play Eldar, and unless I use underhanded tactics or sneak attacks I get destroyed in straight up combat. Totally not favorited.

Posted Image

#55 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

They patched it, but their still more powerful, especialy in DoW Dark Crusade, you can beat them enemy invaders in seconds by teleporting all your turrets into their base.

Posted Image

#56 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

They patched it, but their still more powerful, especialy in DoW Dark Crusade, you can beat them enemy invaders in seconds by teleporting all your turrets into their base.

that shit is worse than the speeder rush...:dodgy:
Postad bild

#57 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

If you get beaten by that, you deserve to. They take time to teleport, and the turrets are incredibly weak.

Posted Image

#58 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

IF AI could do what we do then it would be physicaly impossible to win against Eldar in the campaign. You cant build a force to repell that many turrets in time. Its impossible.

Posted Image

#59 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

It's incredibly easy to repel. The time it takes to build the turrets, build the upgrades, and teleport the turrets you can easily build the few forces it takes to blow up the immensely squishy eldar turrets.

Posted Image

#60 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

as long as you have rocket turrets its cool, but if you spent all your time on building up an army and they are gone away plundering, you're screwed...
Postad bild

Change Theme!