• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#41 Ryankamun II

Ryankamun II

Meatshield

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

I have wondered just how successful Space Marine has been as a franchise for them. I don't care for the Call of Duty type FPS games, but enjoyed Tribes (in the olden days) and really do enjoy this one quite a bit. If Planetfall had a bigger following it would have been a fun game as well.

Seeing a game like this get a proper implementation would be magnificent. I'm disappointed that DM won't be a MMORPG, was looking forward to that.

Though I guess I can take solace in that I will be allowed to continue to have a life outside of the timesink that is an MMORPG. :)

Ryan did you play Tribes AA on PS2? Loved that fucking game, had an awesome small community like this one. With the players keeping it going.

No, I played Tribes and Tribes 2 on PC on a number of different servers with different rules. Never really had a community that I was aware of per se. Heck, Space Marine is the first console game I've played with any duration. I mean I completed Mass Effect 1, Dragon Age 1, but I couldn't even finish ME2, DA2, or Skyrim. I've never been a big fan of the Call of Duty series or those like it.

I imagine the next game I'll invest time in will likely be Mechwarrior Online if THQ can't get its act together. I had sworn off MMORPGs ever since I gave three years of my life to the original EverQuest, but I was ready to make the sacrifice for Warhammer 40,000. :)
Ryankamun II, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Feb 2012.

Change Theme!