40 replies to this topic

#21 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:53 AM

mmmm i dont seem to have the same lag problem you guys do except the occasional waiting for host then migrating soon after i mean every once in a while i will get in a game where everyone is jumping about and melta'ing you from their butt, but not often

Then you are truly blessed by the Emperor.:angel:
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#22 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

my personal favorite is the teleporting assualt marine...the main reason why i hate them.lol
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#23 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Lag for the LAG GOD!!!!!!
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#24 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

I'm just waiting for space marine two :dark angel chronicles...with dedicated servers.
Postad bild

#25 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

That would be sweet!!!
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#26 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

With terminator armor, and titans....why? Because f**k you that's why!
Postad bild

#27 Zijan

Zijan

Epistolary, 3rd Company

• Banned
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

With Company of Heroes 2 just announced, there just might be hope for a Space Marine 2. Games Workshop IP seems to sell well for THQ, and with the cancellation of the MMO, I expect that the work already done on Dark Millenium will not be wasted. Ripten had an excellent article here about the changes coming down the pipe.

As lag goes, I don't seem to have too many problems. It's possibly a function of the absolute lack of confidence I have about my skills (especially after the drubbing I got in my Spiral Test, I changed classes because of it), but could also be due to the internet in my area, which it quite quick. Either way, I try not to let it bother me, as I have little to no control over it. I do have my rage-y moments though.

#28 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

With Company of Heroes 2 just announced, there just might be hope for a Space Marine 2. Games Workshop IP seems to sell well for THQ, and with the cancellation of the MMO, I expect that the work already done on Dark Millenium will not be wasted. Ripten had an excellent article here about the changes coming down the pipe.

As lag goes, I don't seem to have too many problems. It's possibly a function of the absolute lack of confidence I have about my skills (especially after the drubbing I got in my Spiral Test, I changed classes because of it), but could also be due to the internet in my area, which it quite quick. Either way, I try not to let it bother me, as I have little to no control over it. I do have my rage-y moments though.

if youre a Tac i can help you out, I can give you pointers/target practice. im not the best with anything else. i can get by. otherwise im sure if you just ask anyone else they would be glad to help. send me a request if your interested.
the best teacher is xp, get out there and shed some noobie blood.
Postad bild

#29 Ryankamun II

Ryankamun II

Meatshield

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

If this is the place to bitch about lag, then I have a bellyful to spew out.

So annoying how they chose P2P hosting. I hope it saved them a whole lot of money.

I don't even know why we play competitive matches when one team has solid 5 bars green and the other is red/orange.

I hope they learn their lesson if there is a plan to move forward with a new game.
Ryankamun II, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Feb 2012.

#30 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I hope they learn their lesson if there is a plan to move forward with a new game.

they wont, THQ went bank rupt....:-/
Postad bild

#31 Ryankamun II

Ryankamun II

Meatshield

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

I thought they were still trying to avoid that, no? Don't mean to hijack the thread of lag complaining, but there are so many rumors out about THQ it's hard to keep track of what is really happening with them. The previous poster that said that WH 40k Dark Millennium was dead as a MMORPG... Well, that also seems to have been denied by THQ (not that they don't have a clear interest in denying reports of their demise in an effort to keep their stock price from continuing to be worth less than a dollar and putting them in jeopardy of being delisted.)

So it's tough to know what's what. But if they did have to file for bankruptcy protection, do you know which kind? Are they going to liquidate? Do they hope to restructure and recover? Are they hoping to be sold to another going interest?

#32 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

they wont, THQ went bank rupt....:-/

:huh:

:exclamation:
Posted Image

#33 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

THQ officially said that Dark Millennium is not dead, it's just not an MMO anymore. They haven't said what it is yet beyond "A single player campaign with a rich multiplayer experience and community features.". Could they be more vague?

#34 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

THQ officially said that Dark Millennium is not dead, it's just not an MMO anymore. They haven't said what it is yet beyond "A single player campaign with a rich multiplayer experience and community features.". Could they be more vague?

for the love of god! please let it be another space marine (type)
Postad bild

#35 Ryankamun II

Ryankamun II

Meatshield

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I have wondered just how successful Space Marine has been as a franchise for them. I don't care for the Call of Duty type FPS games, but enjoyed Tribes (in the olden days) and really do enjoy this one quite a bit. If Planetfall had a bigger following it would have been a fun game as well.

Seeing a game like this get a proper implementation would be magnificent. I'm disappointed that DM won't be a MMORPG, was looking forward to that.

Though I guess I can take solace in that I will be allowed to continue to have a life outside of the timesink that is an MMORPG. :)

#36 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

The rumors are a plenty I have heard them all. We can just all hope that it makes its arrival soon.
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#37 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

EMPERORS WILL BE DONE....
Postad bild

#38 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

I will just have to put space maine 2 in my hope-chest:angel:
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#39 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

I have wondered just how successful Space Marine has been as a franchise for them. I don't care for the Call of Duty type FPS games, but enjoyed Tribes (in the olden days) and really do enjoy this one quite a bit. If Planetfall had a bigger following it would have been a fun game as well.

Seeing a game like this get a proper implementation would be magnificent. I'm disappointed that DM won't be a MMORPG, was looking forward to that.

Though I guess I can take solace in that I will be allowed to continue to have a life outside of the timesink that is an MMORPG. :)

Ryan did you play Tribes AA on PS2? Loved that fucking game, had an awesome small community like this one. With the players keeping it going.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#40 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Tribes 2 - besides counter strike - was my first mulitplayer shooter i played. great series.
Postad bild

Change Theme!