12 svar till detta ämne

#1 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 07:55

Ok we pride ourselves on being a community yes?

As we've have recently been called in the EVO interview we are a shinning example to other communities.

Well now it's time to experiment a little bit with our happily disfunctional family.

JC 042 is a ps3 player who posts regulary and is i think all will agree a huge asset to this communtiy. After a private chat it came about that form him to make an appearence on xbox live it would take no less than the internet santa to make it happen.

Well i propose the santa is wearing power armour of many factions and we have a whip round to make this happen. not sure how many active menbers we are to date but i'm sure that a pitance of a contribution from most of us regulars in here would make this happen.

Do you stand with me brothers?
Postad bild

#2 Doorman69420

Doorman69420

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 98 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 08:43

Well i propose the santa is wearing power armour of many factions and we have a whip round to make this happen. not sure how many active menbers we are to date but i'm sure that a pitance of a contribution from most of us regulars in here would make this happen.

Do you stand with me brothers?

what exactly is involved? sounds interesting

Posted Image

#3 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 08:50

that we give a small financial contribution to get him onto live ;-)
Postad bild

#4 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 852 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 08:54

So you wish us to band together to buy JC a 360 and/or GOLD, yes?

I would have to pass, he is a very welcome addition to the site, and has been very great about being involved. Though there are many other people who I would give things/money to on this site before him. Apulo is foremost in my mind, he has devoted countless hours in building this site and making things more streamlined and has recieved nothing and asked for nothing as payment.

I like the sentiment, but as I said I will pass. This is no knock on JC, just my thoughts.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#5 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 09:09

was an idea to get a brother on the battlefield, and if apulo needs finacial backing to be able to play on live and join us online then i fully support that sponsorship :-D

think about it guys, is there a better use of the excess money than bringing more players to the game? or to have a fundraiser for something specific for example, dern says he can't make his xbox live payment for unforseen reasons, i certainly would contribute to fix this.

and just maybe those of us who are ok finacially can gradually get those who are less so onto the new maps to increase our own enjoyment of the game.
Postad bild

#6 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 465 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 09:15

I'm fine with my XBOX and Gold account however I am currently working on building a new PC to make it easier to work on the website code.

My current PC is straining under the load (database, web server, development tools) so I need something better.

However, as Gerhart said, I did all this work never expecting payment so I really don't expect the community to band together to help ;)

#7 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 852 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 09:21

Think I understand now, nobel idea good luck. I wish more people did play this game, perhaps if the game creators had put more effort into the game and/or made dedicted servers there would be plenty of players.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#8 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 10:32

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, hold on a sec, I wasnt being literate, I appreciate the gesture but this is a bit too much, Id rather not have people I have never met in person to give me money or gifts, dont get me wrong, I love this community and know a lot of you pretty well but no one needs to buy me anything! Yes I would love to play with all of you (infact the campaign gives me that opportunity), but I wouldnt want a 360 given to me this way.

To be honest, I rarely give people money or gifts (except the occasional beggar), but especially online, its not a grudge I dont donate money to this site, just a personal rule, so it wouldnt feel right for people to be so charitable to me when I so rarely would return it, hell it'd probably make me feel guilty.

I appreciate the gesture Skotten, but Im having enough fun just talking to you all on here :)

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#9 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 10:34

The idea is a good one Skotten- but I believe to be able to make contributions like that, we would need to be a bit larger as a community. 500 members is not large enough to do that. The merit here is that I know you want to help people, however there are issues that constantly are coming up on here that we must resolve firstly. Mainly we as a leadership need to be on the same page-so to speak. We need to be a little more unified, in reason and ideals. This whole bouncing to different sites frustrates me. Regardless if you were at another site before GW, or if you like another site better. All I am saying is this. I like all of you guys. Skotten, Gerhart, Lord Commander A., Othrim, Crom, and all of you other faction leaders. You are my brothers on here. A family away from family. But I am supremely loyal. I cannot invest time, money, and serious damn dedication to my chapter and Gothic Wars just to be going to participate on a site that is in essence, GW's competition.

LOL I believe I got off topic a bit here, my apologies. I understand wanting to help people, hell I have done it myself. There have been several guys I have bought Live for on a few occasions.
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 10:36

Just play a PC game with him using Teamspeak :D

A full xbox is a bit much, but saving to buy a valued member Live? That I can understand and endorse. Either way good luck to you

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#11 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 10:43

You never know, when I leave home for Uni Im likely to loose my PS3, and I vowed before that if I was without a console, had steady income, I would buy a 360 with a constant Live subscription, so if we're all here in 2 years time (I know I will be) I will be playing with you on Space Marine 2 :)

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#12 Darksaint

Darksaint

Wolf Lord Skull Takers Great Company

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2012 - 10:56

so very proud to be a wolf right now ! skotten you truly r the "GREAT" wolf :)
Darksaint. If the mjod turns sour I ain't the kinda wolf to drink it !

#13 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 inlägg

Postad 20 april 2012 - 05:26

Thanks mate ;-) and while it didn't fly it did seem to get everyone together ;-) so will still call it a win
Postad bild

Change Theme!