#1 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

So this pic is ok the paint scheme i am working on for a successor chapter to the Thousand Sons for a story i am writing.

Wanting any feed back you can can come up with. The chapter has an incredible amount or Pyskers in its ranks almost to much so.

But i am wanting something that can symbolize the Thousand Sons so any ideas are welcome.

Name of the Chapter is "Sons of the Thousand" anyways let me know what you all think of the paint/name whatever :P

Thanks for your time brothers. 
Also the Name and Paint are done in honor of the Thousand Sons because the Chapter is proud of its history and such, and uses these things to Hint at their past but are not open about it.
"Do Ut Des." - Roman Prayer

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

btw all of the Thousand Sons ranks were pskers anyway. For a Chapter Symbol why not the Pre Heresy one? Moderen thousand sons only use the Tzeentch symbol.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Was thinking of using the Pre-Heresy one, but wasnt sure how well it would fit with some of the lore.

Like would the other chapters allow it or attack them because of the Gene-Seed. That such thing. Also may add some robes to all the troops at least lower ones anyways.

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

It looks like an Ultrasmurf fucked a Blood Raven :D

I have always loved the mysticism about the Blood Ravens being Thousand Sons successors (not confirmed). If you continue this line of thinking with your fan-fiction then I eagerly look forward to reading it!

Now for serious feedback,

Remove the skull, replace it with an Aquila. If they are successors of the Sons, then they will have sensitivity issues regarding the heresy. I would also say they wouldn't choose blue, the Sons only swapped that after the Heresy, why would loyal successors mimic that change? Swap to a black armor scheme, with pre-heresy red highlights.

I would encourage you to heavily base your "atmosphere" on the Dark Angels. Set it so that no one knows their true origins, and they keep it secret.

Just my 2 cents, good luck either way bro!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#5 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

It looks like an Ultrasmurf fucked a Blood Raven :D

I have always loved the mysticism about the Blood Ravens being Thousand Sons successors (not confirmed). If you continue this line of thinking with your fan-fiction then I eagerly look forward to reading it!

Now for serious feedback,

Remove the skull, replace it with an Aquila. If they are successors of the Sons, then they will have sensitivity issues regarding the heresy. I would also say they wouldn't choose blue, the Sons only swapped that after the Heresy, why would loyal successors mimic that change? Swap to a black armor scheme, with pre-heresy red highlights.

I would encourage you to heavily base your "atmosphere" on the Dark Angels. Set it so that no one knows their true origins, and they keep it secret.

Just my 2 cents, good luck either way bro!

Yea dont like the Skull it was just on the pic i used to make the scheme, and as for the blue i just like Blue thought i havent decided yet on the main color the armor so will look into the black idea for sure.

Just throwing ideas around at the moment so anything you guys think of let me know just getting others thoughts. Thanks much :P

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

Yea dont like the Skull it was just on the pic i used to make the scheme, and as for the blue i just like Blue thought i havent decided yet on the main color the armor so will look into the black idea for sure.

Just throwing ideas around at the moment so anything you guys think of let me know just getting others thoughts. Thanks much :P

Fair enough mate, you should consider the soul of your chapter before writing about them as that will lead to an amazing story.

cruSig2.jpg

#7 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Am doing that first, I want to know how these guys are before i getting to far into it. At the time i am workin on the back story. How they came from the Sons and how they made it off Prospero and why.

Which i have a idea i am running with at the moment and i am liking it. Also for a badge i am thinking a Golden Scarab holding up a Sun (Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons Symbol.) I am trying to keep they Egyptian feel that the Sons had as well as a lust for knowledge.

Now another thing on my mind, Should they work in secrecy gathering knowledge, such as maybe noone knowing about them, maybe a myth to some of the other chapters. because i have this great idea for a hidden homeworld and such. Or be a full chapter of such and such founding?

Sorry for the long post i just been working on it alot tonight so figured the more feed back i get the better.

#8 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Secrecy is a good thing. Kind of like the Dark Angels as Crucias mentioned. However, they should have a public face and their secret stuff in the background. As if they are too shady and off doing stuff that's likely to draw the Inquisitions attention.

Also (I might be off on this) if they are direct descendants of the Thousand Sons geneseed, I take it they have the whole 'change' defect going on.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

The Son's geneseed contained stable mutations so you wouldn't need to explain that away much. It was when they started using their powers non-stop without restraint they started mutating.

You could have it so that these Sons were serving elsewhere, perhaps 100 serving as a guard somewhere and they were incarcerated like Garro was in Flight of the Eisenstein.

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

My main idea for how they came to be has to do with the Photep. Magnus sending three of his most powerful psykers off world with it. Dont wanna go into to much detail but hoping it turns out.

#11 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

His 3 MOST powerful psykers would be pushing it btw :/

Posted Image

#12 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

No i meant three powerful psykers not most powerful sorry. Men he trusted enough to give the task of saving the chapter.

Its alot more complex then i am explaining but once i am done i may post it up for any to read.

#13 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Have you read the short story with Thousand Sons returning to Prospero and getting ambushed? You could include some things from that story.

Posted Image

#14 Romulus_Sorvian

Romulus_Sorvian

Son of Magnus

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Not yet, been planing on buying "A Thousand Sons" and "Prospero Burns" with my next check so i can read those been wanting to forever just haven't had the moneys.

But will also try and fine that story and read up on it as well.

Change Theme!