46 replies to this topic

#21 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

Cain ladles out several bowls as Melinko and yuko sit down.

"I dont mind when everyone else does it burias..They are not my little brother."

jessica says in a motherly tone as caithlyns hand slides over to aellas and this makes cain smile.

"Im suprised you two even survived obrieg..He loves to snuff out affection."

jessica rolls her eyes.

'You know for a clone of my brother he is so repugnant.....I hated when i used to have to make him serums and poisions."

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#22 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

Burias didn't really want to say anything else further at this point, too confused by the finger wagging he got from the Headtaker out of no where and feeling a bit of shame after what Jessica had said to him. "Es tut mir leid schwester." he apologized to her before Cain ladles his portion. At least the food was soup, most other foods being a challenge to chew on due to the way his teeth were like unless it was some form of meat. Maybe he could one day find a competent dentist and have them undo what was done.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#23 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

Aella squeezed Caitlyn's hand, finally settling into her bedroll and feeling the soreness of her back brought on by the explosion earlier that day. "Obrieg found it amusing to hold it over our heads and use it as.. Motivation to obey. Plus the comments.." She clicked her tongue, fighting off the grimace. It wasn't much to think anymore. He needed a way to control them, and they gave it to him. Though the fact he left Caitlyn with her was sort of worrying. Surely Father wasn't that stupid... Where was the trap?

Her brow furrowed as she considered this, barely catching Cain's sentence. 

#24 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Alot of your regimented training he learned from me."

cain very carefully removes his shirt, revealing a badly scarred chest and back.

"I was abused in the oprhanage i grew up in..And my time amoungst the purifiers taught me the ways of flagellation and ritual scarring..Obrieg took these practises to the extreme thinking it would give him an edge."

Melinko smiles and opens his suit as well, Revealing words written in a foreign language.

"WHen my battlion was coming up...He was practicing with the schools.. He Practised the most extreme cases of isolationism...So i can see why you both are so close."

Yuko rolls her eyes at everyone, doing up her hair in a tight bun.

"YOu american headtakers are so weird...But Caitlyn Gets it better than most.,"

Caityln smiles and squeezes aellas hand as she reaches into her back and holds out some chocolate.

"Lets drop all the depressing talk.....Tell us about those interesting people in gasmasks..They smell of sulfur."

cainsig11.jpg

#25 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

His head perked up a little after he heard Caityln mentioned sulfur, knowing who she was talking about. "You mean the Vorboten? They are all Drachen Blut's elite pyromancers except for Sasha who leads them, she is a cryomancer and a gut one." Burias explained before taking another spoonful of soup. "Sasha is my schwester, my actual blood one, that I did not know I had until several months ago. Because Vater is an arschloch. But, they are all my sisters even without blood, and I am glad they joined us." He said with a happy smile, remembering when they were still following his Vater's orders to bring Cain in and what could have happened on that day. "I remember seeing Eva, Olga, and Natasha as kids in the circus when I was still a child too, they were trapeze artists and Eva a big cat trainer. I am afraid of heights, so it was terrifying and awesome to see them do all that" He chuckled with some nervousness, the sight of them being so high still getting to him.

#26 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

Aella felt a spark of irrational anger towards Cain before she smothered it down. He didn't do this to them. It wasn't him threatening Caitlyn's life. But Cain inspired and partially designed Obrieg's program, and it wasn't something that she could take with an arrogant smirk on her lips. Still, she calmed herself with no lingering feelings fairly quickly. Cain probably never intended for the knowledge to be used. 

"Sorry," she practically whispered. It seemed like she was apologizing for their scarring, but it didn't quite seem fitting because Aella wasn't one to apologize, nor was she involved in inflicting the damage. She was simply apologizing for the anger. 

Aella sat passively in the conversation from then on, eyeing Caitlyn's chocolate in distrust (long story, don't ask). "A cryomancer leading a pack of pyromancers... Why not? And the Toaster is related to the Freezer." She clicked her tongue. "Sounds like a great family there."

#27 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

"My Mutter is, Vater is.... well I would not be surprised if Obrieg learned something from him too. He is the reason I even look like this, and the burns all over my self, after he melted my gasmask to my face. He even took away controlling Drachen Blut from Großvater, who I thought was dead for a long time after that too. Before I was here in the states, I had no one but Mutter, my only friend almost got burnt alive by Vater when he found out her family were Nazi sympathizers. She did not even know what that meant as a kid." Burias said, finishing his soup. "Eh, I think I am just complaining now. You three sounded like you had it a lot more rough than I would know." He cut himself short, realizing he was just bringing down the mood again. "At least things are improving now, Ja?" he said with a smile again.

#28 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

as everything drew on and everyone spoke, aella seems to be drawn ino a dark plain where no one else could see.

In that place..That darkness she saw shapes where everyone had been sitting , but when she looks at cain....

there is no shape, but a wolf. It sits on its hind legs and considers her with savage calm.

"I know you....Ive known you since you where born child...You are obriegs daughter......One of the butchers nails..."

the great wolf smiles as another shape appears where burias was sitting, a massive hydra like mass of flesh and a fierce bear.

"WHy do we even tolerate showing her our presence.."

The fleshbeast says with a hiss as the bear scratches his rump idly.

"Because shes the closest to a death guard that we have."

The bear says, uninterestedly as the wolf folds its paws in front of him like he was sitting.

"Watch your throat...Obriegs knives are everywhere.... If you survive to meet your potential...You will speak  to us again.....Aella....aella...."

The world snaps back into focus as thrass pikes aella in the side.

"Aella...I want the damn potato! can i have yours!

cainsig11.jpg

#29 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

Aella's first thought was: Not again! I stopped the drugs! Needless to say, she wasn't unfamiliar with hallucinations and what it was like from an outsiders perspective. She didn't feel like having to deal with the repercussions of 'hey, what are you staring at?' again. At least when it was something like this. She forced her gaze down to her lap after she became aware of the three beasts, squeezing Caitlyn's hand to ground herself. 

She liked the calmness of the wolf, the bluntness of the flesh creature, and the laziness of the bear. It certainly was the most realistic and sharp of her hallucinations... She wouldn't respond verbally, nor did she allow her features to contort in confusion, instead just staring blankly at her lap. She knew from experience that it was less likely to attract attention. 

Aella was a butcher's nail? Certainly wasn't the worse thing she had been called in her life. And really? As 'cool' as a death knight sounds, I'm simply a wannabe? Damn.

The thing that hit hard was: I'm Obrieg's daughter? No fucking way. Never mind the imaginary wolf claimed to have known her her entire life, but she shared his blood? She suddenly felt cold, loathing the blood that coursed through her veins. Her hand tightened on Caitlyn's hand uncomfortably before she was able to pry her own fingers off, releasing her. 

When she spoke, it didn't quite contain the deviant edge that it had possessed previously. "Fuck off, Thrass, it's my fucking potato!" 

#30 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:23 PM

Burias was kind of taken back by how many times Thrass had to asked for the Potatoe, as if Aella wasn't in her own mind at the moment. "Everything ok in there? I thought the mushrooms Jessica used were the edible type." He wondered as he looked back down into his own soup for a moment before looking back up as Aella claimed the spud loudly at Thrass. "Do...do you hear voices too?" He asked her as well with some concern, wondering if she was schizophrenic like he was, the spacing out seemed familiar that was sure. Perhaps Obrieg had gone far and above when it came to messing them up, but at least he could help them with that, having experience with being the 'crazy' one of the group.

#31 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:52 AM

jessica seems to have noticed the conversation and she paces a hand on cains neck. Her eyes glow and cains body goes rigid .

"Now now...No talking where we cant see.."

she says as cain seems to come bac to his senses. FOr a moment, he is frantic as if pulled from a nightmnare, but within seconds the wolves calm returns.

"Damn woman....YOu have no couth."

Jessicas hand crackles menacingly.

"What was said coreus.."

coreus eyes the womans hand and looks to aella.

"That is for her to decide if she wants it known...Not me."

cainsig11.jpg

#32 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:03 AM

"Well, that was rather sudden.....and rude." Burias said to Jessica after witnessing her just shock her husband again to pull coreus out from Cain like that. "....Huh, I wonder." he said before thinking to himself. 'Hey, did you two have anything to do with this? I mean, it's not guilty by association, just, I can see it being likely, like how I would get in trouble with Cain. Actually that's usually my fault and he gets in trouble with me but that is besides the point!" Burias mentally said to his own occupants in his head.

#33 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:23 AM

Aella looked at Burias, trying to reassure him with a tight smile. "Everything is mostly fine. They only speak on occasion. Usually at the worst times." She wasn't schizophrenic, but she had received many head injuries that left her jarred.  By now Jessica appeared to be choking Cain from her position and she raised an eyebrow. "Domestic abuse... Is this a regular occurrence?" She glanced at Burias to answer her question.

Jessica's words were unsettling. It confirmed that this wasn't brought on by anything that she did, which meant it was real. The information was real, even at the large possibility of it being false. At least she was finally given a choice for the first time in her life. Her head fell back as she laughed bitterly, unable to smother it down. 

"Sure, why the hell not? I'm apparently a butcher's nail, a wannabe death knight, AND," she stared at Jessica, trying not to allow her voice to shake. "I have some serious daddy issues. But hey, it's not all bad. I'm pretty certain that I could befriend the fleshy creature if I was given the chance.

#34 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 02:37 AM

Burias thought for a moment at the words fleshy creature, and with coreus being involved somehow. "Fleshy? Oh. Oooooh. Did he look like a bunch of snakes with a skin condition? Because that might be Dekkanorus." he said, tapping his head for emphasis where there was some faded looking scars that weren't burns. "I do not know what a death knight is, other than a fantasy thing, or butcher's nails, but if daddy issues or voices is something you need to talk about, the vorboten and me have a lot of experience in that. And Cain with his own father, but he is not in right now." Burias said with a genuine smile despite what he had said being quiet a load of lunacy for someone else to deal with that wasn't part of Black company, before poking cain's body. "Hallo Coreus, how are you doing?"

#35 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Eat me .."

Coreus growls at burias as jessicas hand gets closer and he sighs.

Neither dekkanorus nor tita stir at buriases probing until jessica holds up a hand toward burias as well and titan yelps.

"We know it isnt anyones fault! we just wanted to talk to her!"

Cores sights and his shoulders slump lightly as melinko pipes up.

"A butchers nail is what Obrieg called his Death knights.... Back in olden time a butcher would put a nail in the flesh of meat and it would be how he seasoned it. he would use the wound to make the flavor travel... In obriegs case it means a headtaker that will be dropped into an enemy city and fight...FIght until they where killed or they had softened enough of the enemey strength that they could be easily overtaken by his carrior crows.... The Reapers."

Yuko raises her eyes at this and looks at Aella.

"HE mustve been testing you and prepping you for this role.... He probably had something similar to the project hes been working on the mutant headtakers set aside for you as well."

Thrass huffs at Aellas outburst and pokes another potato from the pot.

'Allright..youy didnt have to be a bitch.."

cainsig11.jpg

#36 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:40 AM

Aella offered a weak smile towards Burias's small comforts, though she doubted that she would ever be able to discuss it. The general distrust of others ran far too deep to allow herself to be manipulated so easily. Giving someone that gateway willingly seemed just as bad as Obrieg being her father. Dekkanorus would probably come to like her though, so she supposed it wasn't all bad; anything that she could latch onto as a distraction.

She turned to watch Melinko, gritting her teeth as she listened to his explanation. "So often a one time use then?" Her fingers curled into fists, her nails leaving red crescents into her palms. "When can we move against him?" Her blood felt like it had unthawed, instead boiling within her veins in its rage. Thrass's comment seemed to calm her the smallest amount, though the smirk she wore was still vindictive. 

#37 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

cains head shakes and he looks at his wife annoyedly for a moment before saying.

'Couldve warned me."

jessica smiles at this and shrugs as melinko fills cain in, ending with.

"What do you think."

cain looks at his bowl for a long time before saying.

"We can strike immediately...If you all are ready ill have a squad made for you ...Well give you targerts and we ca nstart nutering obriegs forces as we go..."

He looks at burias with a smirk.

"Think you can sacrafice melinko and yuko? Ill move stitches and messiah to replace them for sheer power."

cainsig11.jpg

#38 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

Burias nods. "Sure, if that is what they want, good chance for them to teach our new friends too." He said before slipping his bone gasmask back over his head and face now dinner was done. "But, what are you going to send them after? Thought we were leaving to go North soon?" Burias asked, wondering how he had targets in mind already. He looked over to Melinko and Yuko, elbowing the clown headtaker in his arm. "Aw, what was wrong with me? Not even a day in my squad and you two are already leaving? I am hurt!" Burias said in a comedic tone of heartache in his voice, wanting to joke with them before they would have to leave.

Edit
The siege commander strode up to the group after dealing with some logistic issues about loading the medicinal supplies from the place, and after having to figure where Cain went first, finding them in the warehouse facility."Speaking of going to Detroit." he interjected, Burias giving him the opportunity. "If you're done doing orientation day with the kids, I did get some information that will be useful when we get there." He told him and the rest by extension, keeping Augustus' name out for now mostly due to the new people with them. He pointed at Burias. "You might want to call the Vorboten in, I think you and them have some diplomacy to practice before we arrive in the frozen wastes." He told the pyromancer.

#39 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

Aella savagely bit into the potato that she noticed was placed in front of her, eyeing Thrass warily as she slowly chewed. She was very fond of potatoes after all, and she was half tempted to 'steal' one or two more. They would be moving that night it seemed and Aella approved. She doubted that she would be able to get any rest with so many new faces and the whole "Aella, I am your father" bullshit. She felt restless and found it a challenge to sit still when she had finished scarfing down her now lukewarm food. 

#40 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

Jessica places a another potatoe on aellas plate as melinko looks at burias with a smile.

"Yea man i had to go asap..YOu crazy fucking pyromancers with your fireballs and dragons and shit...Im a normal man..I need to be with normnal men!....ANd women...Mostly women."

he winks as caitlyn covers her mouth to laugh.

"I can see why they called you the clown Melinko."

she says as the headtaker smirks , tilting his head to cain who is drawing up a plan.

"Aella...YOu and your squad are going to handle a facility near the prison we are going to..Its civilian run but its what obrieg uses to supply himself with hallucinogens that he uses for his rituals...We start bleeding him there."

he says as he looks at Abrega.

"Whats the info godzilla."

cainsig11.jpg

Change Theme!