16 replies to this topic

#1 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

They've updated Dawn of War 2 Retribution with some bug fixes and introduced a new hero which is free until the 15th.

It's actually a pretty fun class, but SERIOUSLY OP, 3 level 9 Overlords can beat wave 20 like it's nothing.

If anyone wants to band together for a game give me a shout :D

tEh84L8.png

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#2 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

sure, hit me up whenever

Posted Image

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:26 AM

Good spot mate, added to my collection

Have they made last stand more interesting? Or is it the same map and wave composition as upon release?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

Same 2 maps and waves, only difference is another hero and bug fixes.

Posted Image

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:41 PM

Same 2 maps and waves, only difference is another hero and bug fixes.

That is wasteful and disappointing :(

Had hoped there'd be more to it, enough to make it a viable fuck around game for my gaming group. Ah well, Vermintide will be out soon enough

cruSig2.jpg

#6 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

That is wasteful and disappointing :(

Had hoped there'd be more to it, enough to make it a viable fuck around game for my gaming group. Ah well, Vermintide will be out soon enough

Who needs more? I've put easily 500 hours into Last Stand across the 3 games that have it.

Posted Image

#7 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

Wait cru, is vermintide not out for New Zealand? Cause it's out in the states. o.0 (I call being the bright wizard.)

Too bad my tyrant was the only one leveled up, want to try the other classes sometime

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:53 AM

I played the shit outta Last Stand when it first appeared. Loved the Hive Tyrant; however after tons of games it got boring - I have always wished for a few different maps and randomised enemies on each wave.

Wait cru, is vermintide not out for New Zealand? Cause it's out in the states. o.0 (I call being the bright wizard.)

Too bad my tyrant was the only one leveled up, want to try the other classes sometime

It is only out on PC Priest. Launch for Xbox One is soon, they've just released the first gameplay video

cruSig2.jpg

#9 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

Oh I didn't know it was going on consoles, that's awesome. Have it on the pc already since it has controller support anyways.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#10 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:19 PM

will admit that the necron overlord was a complete... but pleasant surprise! Is anyone else hoping that this could lead towards a DoW3? I just hope that it recreates enough interest that someone somewhere considers it

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:59 PM

will admit that the necron overlord was a complete... but pleasant surprise! Is anyone else hoping that this could lead towards a DoW3? I just hope that it recreates enough interest that someone somewhere considers it

DoW was one of THQs consistently profitable games, I wouldn't be surprised if it returns. However it will not be this year, they won't want to compete with Total Warhammer

cruSig2.jpg

#12 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:10 PM

I had completely forgotten that total Warhammer was a thing that was coming!!! Looks like the community is in for a wallet smashing time, what with eternal crusade and battlefleet gothic in the pipes as well 

Edited by Warmonger, 24 March 2016 - 11:10 PM.

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

I had completely forgotten that total Warhammer was a thing that was coming!!! Looks like the community is in for a wallet smashing time, what with eternal crusade and battlefleet gothic in the pipes as well 

Yeah, unsure about the BFG game as this juncture. Looks sexy as hell, but it's not really a strategy game as it doesn't  have base building and research; ii's more like Warmachine Tactics than dawn of war. That said, stocked for the campaign - last decent Warhammer story I experienced was Chaos Rising

cruSig2.jpg

#14 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, unsure about the BFG game as this juncture. Looks sexy as hell, but it's not really a strategy game as it doesn't  have base building and research; ii's more like Warmachine Tactics than dawn of war. That said, stocked for the campaign - last decent Warhammer story I experienced was Chaos Rising

I spent a lot of last night looking at some of the gameplay videos for BFG, and I have to say that while it doesn't meet my usual gameplay style, I would be really interested in picking it up after beta. I was a tad disappointed to see that they made what could have been  an exciting 3D battefield a 2D one... however, I can see how that keeps it closer to the core game, and allows more interesting tactics 

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

I spent a lot of last night looking at some of the gameplay videos for BFG, and I have to say that while it doesn't meet my usual gameplay style, I would be really interested in picking it up after beta. I was a tad disappointed to see that they made what could have been  an exciting 3D battefield a 2D one... however, I can see how that keeps it closer to the core game, and allows more interesting tactics 

Yeah, having played the shit out of BFG tabletop I appreciate how well they seem to have replicated the core gameplay mechanics. That said lets hope they balance Dark Eldar and Necrons if and when they add them, because in Tabletop those races were FUCKING AGGRAVATING...

... yeah I have residual issues about those races. 

There's more races they could add to Last Stand to make it more interesting. I would like to see a Dark Eldar Archon, perhaps his playstyle could be about debilitating allies and minions to gain boosts, so make everyone a little less tough to make them do more damage etc - or make him stealthy. 

cruSig2.jpg

#16 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, having played the shit out of BFG tabletop I appreciate how well they seem to have replicated the core gameplay mechanics. That said lets hope they balance Dark Eldar and Necrons if and when they add them, because in Tabletop those races were FUCKING AGGRAVATING...

... yeah I have residual issues about those races. 

There's more races they could add to Last Stand to make it more interesting. I would like to see a Dark Eldar Archon, perhaps his playstyle could be about debilitating allies and minions to gain boosts, so make everyone a little less tough to make them do more damage etc - or make him stealthy. 

I wish that I had gotten into BFG on the tabletop, I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will bring it back soon... although I dare say a lot of the rumours need to be taken with a fistful of salt.

I really want to get the early access game, but I have to wait for £££ as usual to do that!!!! 

I agree that there would be more interesting races that they could add to the Last Stand, although I would personally like to see more sub units perhaps, such as a space marine techmarine or an Eldar Exarch

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:44 AM

I wish that I had gotten into BFG on the tabletop, I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will bring it back soon... although I dare say a lot of the rumours need to be taken with a fistful of salt.

I really want to get the early access game, but I have to wait for £££ as usual to do that!!!! 

I agree that there would be more interesting races that they could add to the Last Stand, although I would personally like to see more sub units perhaps, such as a space marine techmarine or an Eldar Exarch

TBH they could probably spin Last Stand off and make it a game like LoL, DOTA etc. It would work far far better than Dark Nexus arena - just implement PVP

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!