JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

Any idea when is it released and where is it set?

But yeah FALLOUT! Seems that we'll be back in a vault again since Vault 111 is seen in the trailer.

Atleast I have a reason to be interested in E3 now =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

COD Dog got a new job.

This year just wants to absorb my money. 

But secretly, I cant wait.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

I didn't enjoy Fallout 3 that much because things didn't die when you headshot them, but saying that the entire depth of the game was amazing. Will probably get it, depends on post-launch trailers and ya'll's reviews. EA doesn't get my money on pre-orders anymore

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#6 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:48 PM

I didn't enjoy Fallout 3 that much because things didn't die when you headshot them, but saying that the entire depth of the game was amazing. Will probably get it, depends on post-launch trailers and ya'll's reviews. EA doesn't get my money on pre-orders anymore

What has EA got to do with anything Fallout related? 

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

What has EA got to do with anything Fallout related? 

My bad, Bethesda not Bioware

That said, Bethesda also lost brownie points for how Skyrim turned out and to a lesser extent TESO (they weren't the direct developers). 

cruSig2.jpg

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:51 PM

Skyrim wasn't bad, sure it wasn't as great for it's quests but it was a massive step into the future since its given me hours and hours if not days to even months of gameplay time. I will admit I can't play Skyrim for a few hours or so now (Thanks "Kill a Legendary Dragon" Achievement...) but I played the fuck out of Skyrim. Wasn't the greatest game ever and I think it did live upto its expectation.

Fallout 4 however we still know too little about to make any assumption apart from we know there will Vault(s), at least one set of Power Armour, a Deathclaw roaming the Wasteland, some kind of restarted society or at least town and Dogmeat 2.0. All and all fuck yeah! 

Also don't say things like EA is involved I had a minor heart attack just reading that... TESO I've never played (Coming to Next-Gen though) but reviews I heard were bad... Such as lore being bad, pre-order edition fucked the lore so hard it hurt people's minds with its Humans can side with Elves to stop Humans taking control of Tamriel because why the fuck not and some other in game things .

Edited by dx144, 03 June 2015 - 08:57 PM.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:58 PM

TESO was a good game right up until you hit level 50, then realize you need to do EVERYTHING you just did, twice, to get to Veteran Rank 10. O and then you have nothing more to do. They've fixed some of it, but don't expect it to have longevity on the consoles. 

Skyrim was graphically beautiful, but they went to far with their expansive decentralized world thing and instead of being an immersive world, it was a tedious one. They've commented on that themselves, so I hope they learn their lesson and Fallout 4 isn't as decentralized. 

cruSig2.jpg

#10 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:02 AM

I guess but I'm probably still going to avoid ESO. =/

Sure Skyrim wasn't centralised but it made it fit more of an atmosphere where the land is in Civil War so no capital cities (Solitude or Windhelm) couldn't really be classed as the capital and therefore expanded upon. Also with it being after the Great War crime skyrocketed within Skyrim since majority of men and women went off to fight for the Empire leaving many exposed to raiders and dissidents, most notably the year or two when the Forsworn Uprising happened. 

I will admit the travelling was tedious though... =P

I imagine it depends on where Fallout 4 is set. I mean Fallout 3 to me seemed strange as where to go for the best trading unlike New Vegas where it was go to the Gun Runners or Medical Clinic. So since we have no idea where it is set we have no idea whose territory we're going to be in so no idea if the Brotherhood might be taking an interest or if the NCR and Legion has spread some more and all those fun questions.

What are the chances the Enclave are going to be in there as guys you can side with? ;)

Edited by dx144, 04 June 2015 - 01:03 AM.

#11 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HYPE I AM.

If you add up the time I have played of the different Fallouts (even tactics) over different consoles I have played around 1,500-2,000 hours of Fallout. I have an absurd amount of knowledge about this game, both with fluff and stuff like enemy spawns and Item locations. 

I love the Elder Scrolls, I think Its a really cool setting, but personally I find Fallout much much cooler.

Also it's set in Boston you guys, in the trailer there are some landmarks that prove it. So get ready for some CLAM CHOWDAH

Edited by ebonybrotherhood, 04 June 2015 - 05:34 PM.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#12 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

Dogmeat 2.0

I just saw this. Dogmeat 2.0? DOGMEAT 2.0!

YOU MEAN DOGMEAT 4.0 DAMN IT.

HE WAS IN 1, 2 and 3! He exists to reference Mad Max. 

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

Rarely touched 1 and haven't touched 2. Read up some lore on it as well as some of the fun events you can have like having a character with incredibly low intelligence... It is rather funny as your character is unable to communicate with other people properly in 1 and 2 by not being able to construct sentences that make sense. =P

Also chill, if anyone is going to be a raging bitch its me, I've had that title since late 2011 due to the fact the rage from Meltaguns still burns within me like Muspelheim...

Also thanks for explaining where it is, I have little knowledge of American landmarks apart from the obvious ones. Has Boston ever been spoken of before in Fallout lore?

#14 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

Also thanks for explaining where it is, I have little knowledge of American landmarks apart from the obvious ones. Has Boston ever been spoken of before in Fallout lore?

It was mentioned in Fallout 3 and it's DLC's, as well as New Vegas. Nothing really important, more along the lines of 'hey Boston is a place that exists' but they did mention it.

Ignore that, I totally forgot, but Boston has some SUPER SERIOUS STUFF GOING ON. In Fallout 3 you have to find this Android who wipes his memory for a guy from the Commonwealth, which includes Boston as part of it's territory. So yeah, expect a higher amount of Sci-Fi and weird tech than usual.

Edited by ebonybrotherhood, 04 June 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

So kind of like the comical area of Big Empty? =P

Although isn't the Commonwealth supposedly a massive shit heap with one area within that isn't?

#16 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

So kind of like the comical area of Big Empty? =P

Although isn't the Commonwealth supposedly a massive shit heap with one area within that isn't?

Kinda sorta yeah. Its described as being like swamps and marsh land. Not completely mind you, but it's a prevalent thing. Should make for an interesting main zone, I'm expecting a lot more green than usual. 

#17 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

Hope people don't complain that it doesn't feel like a wasteland like people have done with New Vegas even though it never was hit by a nuclear weapon, whereas DC had well over 100 I think targeting it with the Capitol Building still being massively flooded with radiation EG don't have a high rad-resistance and you'll die in a couple of seconds...

So when you say more green do you mean the same amount or more than Point Lookout but without the crazed inbred mutants and creepy stuff around there?

#18 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:10 PM

So when you say more green do you mean the same amount or more than Point Lookout but without the crazed inbred mutants and creepy stuff around there?

Cannot say for sure, I'm working on what characters in other games have said, but my money is on less greenery than that.

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:32 PM

Well Point Lookout wasn't exactly a priority target and was pretty far away from everything...

Although in the Commonwealth there aren't many factions are there apart from the Commonwealth's people in charge who are like that Dr. Zimmer who was hunting for an Android who's somewhere with Rivet City. They say there are a lot more Androids but I'd like to know if they're going to distinguish between Humans and Androids since Androids usually know they aren't Human only reason why the one in Rivet City was because he was reprogrammed to believe it and I think Androids are utterly convinced they're "inferior" or tools to be used by Humanity.

All and all I'm just hoping for some Enclave return. =D

Change Theme!