Photo

Total War: Warhammer has been unveiled!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

http://www.lounge.be...railer-Unveiled

^

It speaks for itself :D

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

Seems nice but I'm withholding judgement until I see actual gameplay.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

Doesn't show anything of the game, so just a hype generator. Didn't mention any of the Empires allies, or the Dark Elves, so hoping they ain't cut

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

Well I will admit my knowledge of Fantasy exists solely from Blood Bowl...

So I'd personally like to see Tomb Kings and Lizardmen. =D

I will admit I know this isn't any time to talk down the game either.

Although I am curious about how it will work, will it just be kind of a mod for Total War games by that cities/castles planted around an almost identical map to the Fantasy World with certain teams starting off with whole areas or will it be an actual campaign game like I think every other Warhammer game has had.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:22 AM

Well I will admit my knowledge of Fantasy exists solely from Blood Bowl...

So I'd personally like to see Tomb Kings and Lizardmen. =D

I will admit I know this isn't any time to talk down the game either.

Although I am curious about how it will work, will it just be kind of a mod for Total War games by that cities/castles planted around an almost identical map to the Fantasy World with certain teams starting off with whole areas or will it be an actual campaign game like I think every other Warhammer game has had.

It's a full focused total war game with the WHFB races. It'll have a politics mechanic, plus magic

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:58 AM

Well that I can see working a bit but some groups would pretty much refuse to talk to each other or even make deals.

I just realised if I want this I'm probably going to need to get a better laptop or computer...

#7 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Thing is that all those Extra races are going to be DLC like they've done in the past so if you want tomb Kings or Skaven your going to have to wait a while

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#8 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

There's going to be Undead and Orks at the main enemies I do believe with the Empire and dwarfs fending them off. Idk

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#9 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

Fuck Rat people and their silly amount of movement and agility but who doesn't want some decaying ruler of old...

That is silly not adding all the races. Medieval Total War II never made it so a certain team was buyable for the main campaign with only things you could buy was all the new kingdoms (Teutonic, Crusades, Americas and Britannic). Have things really changed that much since Medieval Total War II? 

Still nothing to get angry about yet, not confirmed or denied so I'll keep my anger until they announce it. =D

#10 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

Races aren't confirmed yet. Just going off what has been seen in the trailer.

Maybe they don't want it to get too OP.

But jfc I want Tomb Kings so badly

#11 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

True question is whether or not Bretonnia will be in the game. It's real though when you like (arguably) the least popular WHFB race, even though they are SUPER COOL. Will be excited to see where this goes, bit afraid it might suck, due to the recent total war games.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#12 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:44 AM

I enjoy the lore and novels written about the Knights of Bretonnia to be honest.

Tomb Kings and High Elves are my forte though.

Picked up my love of Elves from Tolkien's novels and the continued works of his son.

My uncle owned a High Elven Warhammer Fantasy tabletop army when he was younger and gave it to me on my 10th birthday. Arguably the best gift I have ever received. Sadly it is all gone now and my time is more dedicated to lore study than actual tabletop and when it is tabletop it is mostly 40k but without that army I wouldn't of been on this site today.

My point though, getting back on topic, is that no matter if your chosen army is the most favourite, generic race in a game, or the least favourite most despised race/army of the game... As long as /YOU/ like it who cares what anyone else thinks.

I seriously hope they bring in as many armies as possible even if some are DLC as I suspect Tomb Kings or Daemons may be.

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

If its free DLC then I'd be okay with it but if say Tomb Kings are in but I have to buy a special edition, pre-order or get a promotional code then I'll called them fuckers. But if its like Medieval Total War II where DLC gave a more detailed area of the world map like Britannic focused on Britain and Crusaders focused on the Middle East or "Holy Lands" and added in new factions, units and cities.

From what I've heard about the more recent Total War games is that Rome II was a fuck up of epic proportions when it was first released for example I've seen the Hoplites on that game do nothing to hold back enemies but to funnel them down their phalanx until the infantry just stab the Hoplites which compared to Rome I's Hoplites who could stop enemies if they charged into their phalanx and usually killed most of the infantry or Cavalry that came towards them.

I've not heard much about Atilla or Shogun but I think Atilla has restored some people's faith in Total War games.

So long as this game isn't fucked up filled with glitches and bugs then I think it will work out quite well. Also if people don't build up hype too much and end up this being like a lot of other games released this year and last where games were said to be the greatest thing since sliced bread and weren't exactly bad but because they promised so much more they seemed to fail.

I imagine a few more people will get into Fantasy if this game is good as well. So long as its a good RTS, I doubt many people will move into Tabletop stuff but I think quite a few might be interested in learning more about the lore of Fantasy.

#14 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

I agree there, a race such as Tomb Kings etc would probably be special ed

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

But I would be okay with that if it was a new specific map but if it was a race I couldn't use unless I give an extra £5 or £10 which isn't just keeping a skin or colour scheme from me but a whole race. Not quite sure how they'd do that though as you could always modify game files to change those from Non-Playable and Locked to Playable like in Rome Total War as if you wanted to you could play as SPQR, Macedonia, Spain, Pontus and a few others.

Pretty much I think it will be a middle finger to the communities of both Warhammer and Total War to ban certain teams unless someone pays extra for a race...

• Fallen Angels95 likes this

#16 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

I'm leaning towards agreement there tbh

#17 fklm

fklm

War Leader of the Battle Company

• Members
  • Others:
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

Problem with tomb kings and lizard men maybe even the elves I'd how they want to focus the map. If they aim to focus more on the important bits (such as rome focusing on Europe) then the empire would be focus of such a map
Squire, bring me my lag sword.

#18 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

Well it would have to be a world map so to speak to have everyone involved or possibly an Empire based map where an army invades the Empire or other Race regions.

Does seem like it would be difficult to make it like a Rome Total War map but they could have a continent or island (A big one) which all the races are interested in and you play as one of the races attempting to take it.

#19 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

The Warhammer fantasy world have most armies more or less spanning the one continent with the exception of the Elves. I agree that it will either be a continent/world spanning map or will focus on an invasion where everyone or almost everyone has interests. The Empire tends to be the largest area of land and is logical due to the alliance between Mankind,the High Elves and the Dwarven Kingdoms against the united forces of the Chaos Legions (including Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Ogres, Giants and any other Chaos Aligned Sects), the Goblin and Greenskin hordes and the swathes of Undead.

The Tomb Kings and Skaven tend to serve their own purposes but the latter tend to be bent to the will of Chaos

Swear the Lizardmen left? Idk.

#20 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

Within the lore the Lizard Men have temples inside Empire territory, Tomb Kings are more of a stretch though. I just want Dark Elves

All the Total Wars since Medieval II have been considered let downs because they tried to do too much too quickly and had overly complicated intrigue systems. This will be a "buy after reviews" game rather than a preorder

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!