4 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

While playing Dawn of War last night and a little bit today I've been suffering from 30+ second delays on whatever I do. Say I move my Lieutenant's Command Tank towards the enemy or tell it attack a higher threat on my screen I see it do nothing and carry on normally but the thing is when someone else looks over they see I've moved or attacked what I wanted to target but only on their screen.

I also suffered this a little bit in Company of Heroes where I didn't see my units or allied units move so I hit them with 150mm shells as I didn't know the American position that I targeted had been taken... Awesome I know.

The odd thing is it just happens. Anything told to do something will take about 30 seconds to start doing it on my screen but others would see me do it instantly. 

I can keep chatting using the in game chat, send pings but its like I haven't got eyes to see and I need to ask if my Tanks are still alive...

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or been with someone when it happens and if possible a solution to this problem. Thanks =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Sounds like normal lag to me. Chat runs through a different connection type which isn't as susceptible to lag. Normally best option is to reboot router (with 5 min off delay) and PC then try again

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Ok I'll try that. It is fine in the beginning but eventually it just hits me and my units don't do anything, buildings do not start production but I can donate supplies (Power and Requisition) and they donate instantly but I don't see them donate for 30+ seconds.

I'd agree with you but the fact others see me making moves and productions if I did nothing and was eventually kicked then I'd agree its normal lag.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

Ok I'll try that. It is fine in the beginning but eventually it just hits me and my units don't do anything, buildings do not start production but I can donate supplies (Power and Requisition) and they donate instantly but I don't see them donate for 30+ seconds.

I'd agree with you but the fact others see me making moves and productions if I did nothing and was eventually kicked then I'd agree its normal lag.

Can't remember if DOW has a desync mode. Where AI takes over if a human player desyncs

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

Well its not that I'm being taken over by an AI as everything I do while lagging is seen by the other players so its not that I'm now AI controlled. I don't think that DOW does as I've had it where everyone is stuck in a Sync Error and unable to keep playing, last night I had it where Ariock synced out of the game and all it did was kill Ariock off on our screen but Ariock said he was loading I think.

I have been told it could be just fighting against AIs causes it. =/

Change Theme!