18 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Thinking about getting it, just wondering if I'd enjoy it since I really didn't play DA:II.

I haven't looked at any gameplay yet but I will tonight. Just wondering if anyone has got it and enjoyed it. I've seen Cru on from time to time but never asked about DA:Inquisition

I did quite enjoy Origins and did learn a bit about the lore from there.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

I might have considered it seeing as I really liked DA Origins but

Spoiler

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

Well I am considering getting it but this will be for Xbox One...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:51 AM

I don;t get to play it til Feb due to my UK holiday. Naia loves it

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:19 AM

Might be them I've seen playing on your Xbox Live account then.

Its just that I'm considering getting it but since I really disliked playing the second I've been thinking that I will not like the third =/

Edited by dx144, 23 November 2014 - 03:20 AM.

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

Might be them I've seen playing on your Xbox Live account then.

Its just that I'm considering getting it but since I really disliked playing the second I've been thinking that I will not like the third =/

Naia despised ME3 and DA2 and is so far loving DA3. She says the combat system is much improved and intuitive, the dialogue options and story development immersive. She's picky as hell, so I am encouraged to accept her opinion on this

• dx144 likes this

cruSig2.jpg

#7 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

Well I'll look into some gameplay in a little bit. Just need to choose wisely as I'm sure that almost every bit of the game is influential.

#8 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Origin:None
  • Xbox Live:Baron Von Thule
  • PSN:TBA because Bloodborne
  • Steam:Cobalt

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

Inquisition adopts a lot from DA2. The combat, the skill trees, and the entire plot of DA2 is a kick-off to Inquisition.

There is a ton of content and the map is huge. Sadly, like MMOs, a good amount of the quests are your run of the mill "Go kill X pigs" or "Collect X of these". Not to say there aren't any RPGs void of that form of filler.

Edited by Baron, 23 November 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

#9 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

Hmmm, still considering getting it.

I do need to get an RPG for Xbox One that is really worth playing since there doesn't seem to be any yet =/

Haven't checked yet but character creation has the most important question... Can I be a fucking Elf and not some silly Human who's running from the Darkspawn...

Edited by dx144, 23 November 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#10 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

I just recently gotten ac unity, rogue and dragon age inquisition. So far I've finished rogue and unity so now I'm trying my hand at inquisition, so far I likenit
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

Traded in Shadows of Mordor, Black Flag and Destiny to buy this yesterday. So far I am also liking it, but the 1h sword/shield warrior feels underpowered compared to previous games

cruSig2.jpg

#12 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:11 PM

Never been a fan of AC games. Mainly because that one where the advert shows an assassin running through Redcoat musket lines and killing the British Commander makes me think that if I played that game I'd learn that the assassin was actually Kaldor Draigo in disguise... Also its unpatriotic and a threat to the survival of the British Empire. Just saying.

Now DA Inquisition I've got coming tomorrow and I'll probably be playing it most of Thursday morning depending on how long it takes to install and if anyone needs me for a Raid or Strike.

I'm obviously going to be an Elf who runs about hitting people with a sword. Debating one handed or two handed or dual wield.

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

I would advise you got 2h sword because the 1h sword & shield is lacklustre to say the least. It really is a tank and a tank only.

cruSig2.jpg

#14 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:07 AM

I'll take your recommendation then. =)

I am going to do another playthrough of DA Origins just to get me back into the mood of DA. Huzzah for being a fucking wizard... =P

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

Turns out you can respect your talent points (but not your class eg Mage, Warrior, Rogue) by buying an amulet from a bag (vendor) in Haven.

cruSig2.jpg

#16 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:31 AM

Sounds like it could be an interesting change around.

#17 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:45 PM

Eh, I started out as a sword and shield warrior, but I don't know about the difference because this is my first da game. Also I'm on forced vacation because they're redoing the floors in my house and it smells like paint thinner. I don't have a problem I grew up around paint fumes and smells like that due to model and warhammer making, but my family forced me to leave, so I'm only half an hour into inquisition. I still have to finish shadow of mordor
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#18 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

Well Thule told me that DA Inquisition follows on from DA:II so I'm going to storm through that once I finish my DA Origins game. I've saved the Circle and cleared out Redcliff so not much longer now.... =P

#19 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Origin:None
  • Xbox Live:Baron Von Thule
  • PSN:TBA because Bloodborne
  • Steam:Cobalt

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

It doesn't matter.

All your decisions are made on Dragon Keep, doesn't load past saves. At least now you can make your (im)perfect backstory. 

If you choose to be an elf like I did, you are Dalish.

Dwarfs are from the same clan Shale is, and you are from a Carta family.

Qunari are mercs, like the Tal'Vasoth. No you can't be part of the Qun.

Humans are from a pro templar family I think.

Edited by Baron, 02 December 2014 - 08:41 PM.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Change Theme!