#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Are they worth playing?

I'm looking for new games to play and that seems like something I could be interested in and Shoddycast is doing a series on the lore of it so I will probably get an urge to play it...

Let me know its pros and cons but please try to keep any possible spoilers to a minimum or none. Thanks guys =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

The first ones the best, not sure about the DLC's (although I recently brought the Ultimate Edition during the sale so might find out). From what I heard every other one was shit so I never bothered, it was typical EA milking an IP after the original games success. Buy Origins, its really good (although its best with a controller, and there isn't and option for controllers on the PC version).

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

1st ones and it's DLC are by far the best. #2 is worth playing because the lore, graphics and combat system are nice - very short and localised game though, not as much terrain varience.

I think the DA series are among the top ranked RPGs available for current gen consoles. Very much looking forward to Inquisition (DA3)

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

The first one and its DLC's is great, really good bunch of games. The second one pales in comparison, with a duller story and characters, and dumbed down combat and copy pasted dungeons. Its still a ok game, but nowhere near as good. Its like dark souls one and two, where the second one is just not as good as the first, but is is still a ok game.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

I'll probably take a look at how much the Ultimate edition costs soon and buy it when its cheapish. No idea how much it costs new. Could I get it for £20 or less?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

Forgot to type this but thanks for the help guys =D

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

I'll probably take a look at how much the Ultimate edition costs soon and buy it when its cheapish. No idea how much it costs new. Could I get it for £20 or less?

You can get it for £20 now. I got it for £2 though.

ALL HAIL ZEE GRATE GAHBEN AND HIS STEAM SUMMER SALES!

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#8 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Origin:None
  • Xbox Live:Baron Von Thule
  • PSN:TBA because Bloodborne
  • Steam:Cobalt

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

ALL HAIL ZEE GRATE GAHBEN AND HIS STEAM SUMMER SALES!

All+hail+the+mighty+Gaben+lord+of+valve+

• JC 042 likes this

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

eBay

cruSig2.jpg

#10 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

Well JC I'd be going for it on Xbox 360 rather than PC. Regardless of Steam sales. That being said when my Fallout New Vegas disc stopped working for some reason I happened to catch a deal which was selling Fallout New Vegas for £3.75 or around that which was a stroke of luck. =D

Might check out ebay, I know that many sellers on ebay sell stuff brand new and still sealed but I just prefer buying from a known story. I feel more comfortable buying from them... Don't know if its just me being strange or not...

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

I've had some shady experiences with eBay. Basically read the item description carefully and avoid low rep sellers. When the item arrives unpackage it carefully and inspect, if it's defective in any way not mentioned in the auction start documenting it with a camera and file and follow the eBay procedure. They will freeze the money to the seller pending outcome of the complaint. 

Note: you would do this with a store purchase as well!

cruSig2.jpg

#12 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, be careful with eBay purchases. While I have never been scammed myself, I know people who have been and lost quite a bit of money because of it. A safe bet are the eBay 'companies', who sell things on behalf of others so they are more legit and have a greater chance of being sold.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

Well I'll look into buying it soon as my internet is shocking at the moment.

So going to punch someone in a BT shirt soon, although that might not be the best way to greet the BT Engineer...

#14 Baron

Baron

Meatshield

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Origin:None
  • Xbox Live:Baron Von Thule
  • PSN:TBA because Bloodborne
  • Steam:Cobalt

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

No local Gamestop or equivalent? Sometimes they have good deals, at least on old classics.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Not that I know of. Its been a long time since I've been into a game store =/

The pleasure of living in the county of Lincolnshire... You have shit internet and hardly anywhere to shop.

Change Theme!