12 replies to this topic

#1 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

Me and an buddy of mine are starting up an campaign oriented gaming club that is to be done completly done online through use of vassal and battle chronicler. It is done by using the screen share by one person and the trust we put in one another to roll dice or use the vassal system to maintain the order for our games and th playability so that it will be fun for everyone.

The Campaigns can take us from the old world of the Warhammer Fantasy world, utalizing our own armies and fluff to help generate the fights and story progression. to the far reaches of the Imperium and myriad ways of the warp in the 40K universe.

I would seek out anyone who would be interested in this style that so far we have hosted weekly games.

So far we have hosted around 5 Warhammer Fantasy games that have worked out better at each one as we setup the forces we have faced to greater degrees of strength ad stratagy, we have also played around 6-7 games of 40K and in those we have had much fun playing forces we would otherwise be unable to utalize and fight against making for extremly dynamic gameplay.

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

VASSAL is well known and used here, or rather was. As long as you don't break the law by sharing copyrighted content (eg PDFs of rulebooks) feel free to setup a group on here to organize VASSAL. You'd be able to use the group forums and calender to organise stuff, but also our Teamspeak server which holds up to 512 people.

Give us a buzz if you want to go down that route.

Now I would suggest you PM Draco if he doesn't reply because I remember he was right into VASSAL

PS: Moving this to our dedicated VASSAL section - please try post in the right place in the future ^~

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Now I would suggest you PM Draco if he doesn't reply because I remember he was right into VASSAL

Cru, you doth know me too well :P

However it is not the best program but it is usable, and i would probably be in for this

Edited by Draco Ny'ade, 24 July 2014 - 10:04 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

the first step if you are interested in checking out what me and my buddy have done so far is to hit me up on skype since we use the screensharefor the Fantasy games that we have planned upcoming.

Canada

burlington if it says 

#5 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

I might be up for this, I got vassal downloaded and ready to use, but no idea how to do all the stuff. I would have to be 'babysit' a tad to get up to speed.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#6 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Alright and as mentioned Skype helps alot with being able to see the map for fantasy games, while Vassal ain't as bad as people claim. I have done games where there are 300 units in the battle and while quite laggy when moving all at the same time, allows us to play extremely tactical games that have been quite enjoyable.

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

I dont't know the latest rule edition, I gave up soon after the 6thI'm afraid.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#8 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

the edition is at 7th/8th at the moment

#9 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Ok so me and my friend played an Warriors of chaos(him) and Skaven(me) vs and nuteral enemy Ogres 1500pts for each of us and 4000pts for the ogres.

Basic plot, Ogres hunted an huge sea monster and are now cooking it, us just there to mess with them ant try and do some damage in an raid to kill them off since they are near an City state Aldurwal which the Cahos controle so they want to maintain thier terratory from poachers.(the Skaven live under the city reaping the benifits of an alliance for the time being.

Deployment

Turn_1_Deployment_zps0505c815.jpg

Turn 1

Turn_1_zps3e1a040c.jpg

Turn 2

Turn_2_zpsc3e08301.jpg

Turn 3

Turn_3_zps47b3af2a.jpg

Turn 4

Turn_4_zps75cd05e0.jpg

We ended up losing all my forces in the frontal attack so we call it an tie with the Ogres and retreated to keep the casualties low.

And it was fun using an Vermin Lord for the first time.

so come and join us for the future battles in the battles we will be hosting after an 2 week break.

#10 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:29 PM

Alright so this game was an duo defense at the outer territories of Aldurwal, I have to mention that we did have an game defending an Large wall but I forgot to record the game.

This is the Enemy invasion Force both above ground and below an 2v2 game with the opponents being controlled by us, it is My buddy Warriors of Chaos(Blue) vs Warriors of Chaos(Red) and Myself Skaven(Yellow/gold) vs Skaven (Green)

It is 2000pts for each of us and the combined points for our opponents is 5000pts

The match deicts the nature of the skaven fighting underground against invaders as well as the malicious intent of Marauding Chaos forces trying to take the City State of Aldurwal.

Deployment
Aldurwal_Coalition_vs_Invasion_Force_Dep

Turn_1
Aldurwal_Coalition_vs_Invasion_Force_tur

Turn_2
Aldurwal_Coalition_vs_Invasion_Force_Tur

Turn_3

Turn_4

Turn_5

Turn_6

Turn_8
it was at this point that I had failed to record turn_7 but it doesn't make an difference.

The only real amount of manuvering was done by the Warriors of Aldurwal as thier force was all marauder Horsemen with javilins while my forces underground created an Battle line to maximize the destructive potential of Clan Skrye Weaponry.
  • JC 042 likes this

#11 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Next up is when i get to uploading the final Warhammer fantasy game THE END TIMES OF NAGASH!. While we go start Warhammer 40,000 games for the next while. People are still encouraged to join and play along side these scenarios.

#12 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

These are good reads, keep them up dude.

Sadly I won't be taking part in them because I'm 2 editions out of date on the rules, and can barely remember what I used to play.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#13 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

The scenarios are designed to allow for maximum enjoyment no matter your skill or out of date information,additionally me and my friend would gladly help an person along if they were uncertain of any rules.

Change Theme!