#1 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

0gRPC0V.jpg

I think this will be a good way to point out some awesome deals that aren't easily found. For example I got Devil May Cry 4 at 75% off just now through browsing.

Share your purchases, and let people know of a good deal that's happening that isn't on the front page. 
My list:

• Super Meat Boy
  • Half Life 2
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • The Witcher 2
  • Rage
  • Killing Floor
  • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Fable - The Lost Chapters
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition
  • Arma 2 (plus all DLC's)
  • Space Hulk
  • BioShock
  • BioShock 2
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Civilization V: Complete Edition

Also for the Summer Trading Card thing I have 2 of the 6th card, so if anyone needs that I'll trade you one.

Edited by JC 042, 30 June 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

I think Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is on offer until the end of the month. Not quite sure how much it costs though...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, it's 75% off. 

What Civ 5 content do I need to buy to participate in events?

And MetalHead, would you recommend the new Metal Gear game?

Posted Image

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Gods and Kings and the Brave New World DLCs. They are called something like that.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

Gods and Kings and the Brave New World DLCs. They are called something like that.

Holy shit they're £20 each!!! That's £60! I can't choose to pay for that even if it was 80% off...

EDIT: Wait, if I buy the complete package deal that's like £35 compared to paying £100 for everything individually?!? Their marketing makes no sense to me!

Edited by JC 042, 20 June 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Wait, you don't understand how Steam sells things so cheaply because that is something that has eluded me, its as if the PC master race has found some new way to sell games very cheap but still make a profit....

#7 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

Wait, you don't understand how Steam sells things so cheaply because that is something that has eluded me, its as if the PC master race has found some new way to sell games very cheap but still make a profit....

No this is different to Steam Sales, I just never saw a bundle deal/gold edition for a game naturally that cheap compared to combining individual prices. With the Sale it's like another £17 off. I'll get it when it's at like 80% off or better maybe.

Posted Image

#8 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

I BOUGHT THE GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION OF CIVILIZATION 5 FOR 24.99 WITH ALL THE DLC INCLUDED, WHAT IS LIFE RIGHT NOW!

ALL HAIL STEAM!!! 

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#9 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

ALL HAIL STEAM!!! 

[spoiler=PRAYZ TEH GRATE GABEN!!!!]so7RVAj.jpg[/spoiler]

Also I'm waiting for it to be 80% off at least before getting it.

And I just picked up Rage for £3.24! fingers crossed it'll work though...

Posted Image

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Just finished Rage. It's not bad but I can see why people were upset by it as I see little replay value besides achievements and that it's REALLY easy, seriously, I think I only died once or twice early on and I was playing through on hard, the Defibrillator is too OP for resurrections.

I just brought the complete package of Arma 2 at 80% off for £5. Seems like a good deal, not sure why it wasn't advertised as heavily.

Posted Image

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

A lot of people dislike games with little replay value, I quite liked Ryse of Rome especially playing on hardest difficulty when you need good executions to get health, xp, damage or focus bonuses. Although I did play on the easiest difficult just get some collectables and I did a legendary execution with damage bonus active I then I could one hit anyone for a few seconds. Do not see why anyone plays on the lowest or second lowest difficult as it just bores me when you're that OP, I can understand if you're searching for collectables as you don't want to be in dangerous fight while trying to pick up a comic strip =P

I agree there is little replay value apart from collectables and achievements and the online arena could have varied your enemies away from Barbarians to add in Romans or even when you go onto DLC maps add in Greek, Egyptian, Carthaginians and all the other foes Rome faced who had a written language... Regardless of that it has great graphics and a nice story even if it is completely made up and fucks around with history.

I am wondering if I should get Fallout New Vegas for my Laptop, about £5 for the ultimate edition. I have Fallout New Vegas for my Xbox with DLC but on my Laptop I could have mods to go around as Imperial Guardsman or Spess Mahreen. =P

#12 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

I am wondering if I should get Fallout New Vegas for my Laptop, about £5 for the ultimate edition. I have Fallout New Vegas for my Xbox with DLC but on my Laptop I could have mods to go around as Imperial Guardsman or Spess Mahreen. =P

Because I'm losing access to my console in a few months and I didn't want to lose access to New Vegas I decided to get it on PC. A forewarning though is that it is notoriously buggy on PC, which happens a lot for Bethesda games. I knew this when buying because I decided it would still be worth it and there didn't seem to be much problems with the specs and hardware I was using, if you're buying it on a laptop and depending on your OS I would do your research on it first.

Posted Image

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Well I have Oblivion on this Laptop and that seems fine, I never actually completed everything as I got bored after reaching level 20ish and realised going through Kvatch would be a bitch as the Daedra would be too high levels for the guards to compete with that leaving me to have to kill them all =/

#14 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well I have Oblivion on this Laptop and that seems fine, I never actually completed everything as I got bored after reaching level 20ish and realised going through Kvatch would be a bitch as the Daedra would be too high levels for the guards to compete with that leaving me to have to kill them all =/

I made the mistake of doing it straight away after getting out of the prison while swearing I would do it on a hard difficulty. I was literally completely relying on stealth, EVERY arrow I can scavenge, and ridiculous use of terrain to stay alive. By the end of it I was wearing nothing but greaves and a helmet because I broken several sets of armor and weapons while there, I had an Iron Bow and several dremora arrows left over... That said I felt like an absolute badass when I got through :D

Also I just now brought Space Hulk at 90% off :D

Edited by JC 042, 24 June 2014 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

My purchases so far:

• Borderlands GOTY (x2)
  • Borderlands 2 (x2) & Mech Class DLC (x2)
  • Ticket 2 Ride: Complete Edition
  • Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  • Witcher 2
  • The Last Remnant
  • Torchlight 2 (4-Pack)

I really cannot afford to buy games, so I've been trying to stay off Steam. It's not been working

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#16 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I really cannot afford to buy games, so I've been trying to stay off Steam. It's not been working

This is the only time I can afford to, so I'm stockpiling when it's cheap to keep me entertained game wise for at least the next year. I've got to think of something to afford to play EC if it has subscription fees...

Posted Image

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

This is the only time I can afford to, so I'm stockpiling when it's cheap to keep me entertained game wise for at least the next year. I've got to think of something to afford to play EC if it has subscription fees...

EC has a staged funding model JC

• Everyone has to purchase the game
  • No subscription = Orks only
  • Subscription = Orks, Eldar, Chaos, Space Marines

You can play for free, but you'll not be able to play Chaos.

You should look into Warmachine Tactics, it goes Open Beta on Steam mid-July. Also have a look at Kingdom of Amular if you like Skyrim

cruSig2.jpg

#18 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

I did think about getting Kingdoms of Amular for 360 but I played the demo and was bored by the end of it so I decided against it =/

And I thought Eternal Crusade was going to be a one time purchase thing not subscription?

#19 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

I did think about getting Kingdoms of Amular for 360 but I played the demo and was bored by the end of it so I decided against it =/

And I thought Eternal Crusade was going to be a one time purchase thing not subscription?

Demo was boring, actual game was fun.

EC have stated many times how they are going to do their subscriptions, free to play being Orks - as Orks (like F2P players) are unorganized, vulgar, unskilled and numerous

cruSig2.jpg

#20 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:36 AM

I was under the impression they were going to have you buy factions in single payments rather than every month or two pay them for the faction.

Would really piss someone off it they were a top class of their race and then didn't pay their subscription so they had to play as the lowest level Ork...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steam Summer Sale, PC Master Race

Change Theme!