7 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

It was pretty easy (compared to some other games - but it'd be a nightmare with some classes), Kai Lang was easier than expected. The fight with Air Support outside the Thessia Temple and also the waves on Earth as you wait for the Reaper to get close were quite tough but I got them on the 1st and 2nd attempt respectively.

HOWEVER, the slow motion bit where you stagger towards the beam is hard as shit. If you don't repeatedly (~10 times) headshot the Maurauder he kills you instantly. Hardest bit in the game that!

Synthesis and Paragon (Control) options result in the same cutscene, only differences are how the Citadel reacts and then the color of people after the crash landing. With Synthesis everyone has circuit board like things which flash every-so-often, kinda like your scars.

Good challenge and 100% complete (achievements) YAY

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Congrats, what class?

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Congrats, what class?

Infiltrator with a Sniper Rifle only, no side weapon. I thought I'd use Tactical Cloak a lot more but most of the time I was spamming Sabotage or Incinerate. Good challenge never the less!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Personally I think the Destroy ending was the true Paragon ending and the colors were trying to trick you, but hey that's just me.

I'll be starting on my own Insanity playthrough soon, probably going to do it on my Soldier at first.
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

Personally I think the Destroy ending was the true Paragon ending and the colors were trying to trick you, but hey that's just me.

I'll be starting on my own Insanity playthrough soon, probably going to do it on my Soldier at first.

It's highly debatable for sure. I just take the view that killing the Geth is Renegade. Though considering only that ending has Shepard breathing does lead to the theory that you have to take that option to continue.

If this was the case then I would have no issue with the ending post-London (except the Normandy crash bit, which is just weird since Liara was with me when the Reaper fucked me).

cruSig2.jpg

#6 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

If it's a matter of Paragon/Renegade...

I would say Synthesis is Paragon because it puts everything on equal footing. You make the Geth and Synthetics not feared and treated as an unknown, and unite all the races as one new species. It is the ultimate bringing everyone together.

Destruction is the neutral because it is the gut reaction. You continue what you set out to do perserving what you do know at the expense of that which you really don't.

Control as Renegade because you take over and manipulate an entire race to get what you want and what you feel is best.

So the Paragon and Renegade options you die. So they are equal. The neutral you can walk away from, making it the separate choice.

That's how I saw it anyway.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#7 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

well as far as the debate go pay attention control and synthesis both make his eyes glow blue like a husk while destroy docent.... just sayin....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

well as far as the debate go pay attention control and synthesis both make his eyes glow blue like a husk while destroy docent.... just sayin....

Yeah, there's plenty of sides. I wasn't sure about Synthesis, and since I had saved the Geth, destroy was def the renegade option for my playthrough. I'd imagine it would change depending on your choices throughout the series

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!