#1 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

[spoiler=Short Version]I REALLY like it =D[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Long Version]Alright, normally I DEFINITELY wouldn't have brought this game after how bad Brotherhood was for me and how bad I heard Revelations and III was. But I got it free with my GTX 770 GeForce Graphics Card, so meh.

[spoiler=Ship Combat (let's get the nerdgasm over with early)]OHMYGOD THISISSOCOOL I MEAN HOLYSHIT THISISSOFUN I DON'TEVENKNOWWHY IT REMINDS ME OF SLYCOOPER2 WITH THAT THING'S SHIPCOMBAT AND THATWASFUCKINGAWESOME SO THISISFUCKINGAWESOME AND I'M LIKE "OHMYGAWD IT'S AFUCKINGTORNADO!!!"

Ship combat is very enjoyable and has definitely brought the serious back to life. It's remarkably similar to Sly Cooper 2 in both gameplay and enjoyablity. Also tornados...

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Kenway's Fleet]VERY similar to Assassin recruits in Brotherhood but they replaced skill levelling with using your ships to destroy other fleets to make missions easier for them. Overall it's pretty good.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Map]The map is VERY good, and the fact that there's stuff EVERYWHERE means completionists like me will definitely have their work cut out for them.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Upgrading and Resource collecting]I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff and enjoyed upgrading my city in AC2. It offers everything in AC 2 with upgrading war gear and a hideout but with the addition of a ship, which you will be doing religiously if you enjoy ship combat as much as I do. Adding extra resources like Metal, Wood, and cloth is also pretty nice, and means you are constantly using your telescope looking for the ships with the resources you need. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Combat]I haven't played AC Revelations or III so don't know the improvements they made from them, but it feels WAY more diverse than ACII or Brotherhood. I enjoy the parts where I can headlock someone then shoot them in the face :D[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Story]So far, pretty decent, I'm only half way through so haven't came across anything that would kill it for me. But I do feel bored by the main quest line (mainly because I'm doing nothing but blowing up fleets of ships while spinning in a field of tornados :D). So the general gameplay has overshadowed the story itself, you're enjoying it way too much to even care about a story.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Diving and Hunting]Hunting is fairly basic, a nice addition when it comes to crafting though, you're mostly just sitting in a bush or tree waiting for that pig you scared off to come back though... Harpooning is pretty cool but I haven't done much of it and I would guess I'd get bored pretty quickly with it. Diving is a really nice addition, it's challenging and worthwhile (cash and ship build plans) and I've developed a hatred of jellyfish :@...[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Initiates]At first I thought this was another gimmick to get people to sign up for useless services just for some collectables, but it actually ain't bad. Missions definitely gives you some stuff to go out and do besides the built in side quests and collectables. The community challenges are nice touch, reminds me of some stuff in Borderlands 2 but you feel a lot more involved.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Multiplayer]Don't know haven't played it.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uplay...]As expected, this is the one thing that RUINS this game :(. I'd be perfectly fine with it and maybe even prefer it over Steam if it wasn't for the fact THE SERVERS ARE ALWAYS DOWN!!!!!!!! :@[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Conclusion]8/10

It would have been 10/10, but Uplay has killed it for me :([/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#2 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:56 AM

Got it today. Thought it was awesome.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

Is it the same gameplay style as the previous ones? (ship combat aside)

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Can't say, never played Revelations or III. I guess it is, but with the addition of ship combat, whaling, diving, you don't care much about general combat :D

Posted Image

#5 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

A problem with the game is that it's still very buggy... Half way through the game I encountered a bug which means it crashes after a minute of gameplay which can only be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling. A little later I encounter the exact same bug again but uninstalling and reinstalling have not worked at all :/

That said I've used Ubisofts support service 3 times in this game and it's not as bad as what people have told me. (The forums are pretty fucked up though)

Posted Image

Change Theme!