5 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

We've been chopping and improving the rulebook lately and something that seems to come across a lot is that people mistake the Tournament rules for Friendly game rules. So in the interest of preventing arguments spawned from this confusion, here is a quick comparison. I will add other rulesets as/if they are created.

Tactical Rules

Also known as the Ladder or Tournament Rules. These rules are intended to make the game more tactical by forcing players to think more carefully about what weapons and tactics they use. (The rulebook links are below the summary)

These rules restrict Squads of 8 to only being allowed certain numbers of certain weapons, for example only 1 Plasma Cannon. They also prevent loadout swapping while in game, this forces teams to think about what they are going to use in the game before deployment, much like how in Tabletop you are restricted to what models you deploy.

Summary

• Weapon and Perk Restrictions - Preventing Spam 'n' Swarm
  • No Loadout Swapping

View Online: Link
Download: Link

FFA Rules

Basically this is just playing the game naturally, do whatever you want, whenever you want.

Summary

• Maim!
  • Burn!
  • Kill!
  • Spam!

Perk Less

Play any class and any weapon you want, class loadout can be changed at any time during play. However you may not use any perks at all.

Summary

• No Perks
  • No Weapon Restrictions

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

The FFA rules are balls and if i want melta, plasma spam ill just go on public.

Let us all hope the Tournament actually gets off the ground eh?
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

You didn't see it but there was a shitstorm in the hidden leader section because some people mistook the Tactical rules for friendly rules. So the post I had up asking for help rebalancing the loadout rules for the new patch turned into a rage by people that prefer spam and swarm over tactical play.

I still need the rules rebalanced though, so I'll be on XBL in parties talking to people about it instead. At least in parties I can stamp out that sort of confusion before it snowballs.

The Fists had a game yesterday where they were forced into playing Spam and Swarm. They all felt dirty afterwards, the same feeling I get when I kill someone with ASM classes lol

Skotten is working on a middle of the range ruleset, balancing the Spam and Swarm with Tactical restrictions. It'll have to be played and refined over a few months like the Tactical rules were, but it should provide a reasonable compromise between the polar opposite schools of thought.

The tournament can start any time, however right now would be a bad idea. A lot of members are playing ME3 right now and attendance on SM is quite low. We also have the problem of some people refusing to play to Tactical rules in the tournament, so we have to re-evaluate which chapters are taking part. So in the mean time just continue to bash each others brains in (aka friendlies)

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Thanx Cru and i know you guys are working on some middle ground rules. But why dont those who dont want to play by rules have matches against those who share the same ideal of spam and swarm? And those who prefer more Tactical play just play those who want the same? Job done, no confusion. Everybody wins and im happy that im not playing a match which is just another public game in disguise.

I dont mind playing against CF over and over and over again lol!
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thanx Cru and i know you guys are working on some middle ground rules. But why dont those who dont want to play by rules have matches against those who share the same ideal of spam and swarm? And those who prefer more Tactical play just play those who want the same? Job done, no confusion. Everybody wins and im happy that im not playing a match which is just another public game in disguise.

Problem with this is we deal largly with Chapter Leaders and their views might not represent their entire Chapter. So we can't organize this style officially, plus it would half each persons playerbase.

It would be best for the Challenger to state which rules are going to be used and then it's up to the receiving party to accept or deny. Obviously if they deny a challenge based on the ruleset then they are just being petty, because you can be damn sure if the roles were reversed they would expect you to play by their choice of rules.

Basically if Faction Leaders can agree to play by the rules set in the challenge, then we won't have an issue with most people. There will of course still be the princesses who want it all their own way and won't consider the other side, after all, we're all human, and therefore all flawed.

cruSig2.jpg

#6 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

The Fists stand united in wanting tactical games with rules. If needed we will sudo-zerg you back to your home planet if you insist on running teleport and rapid. :D

Though we will not ever run that at the start.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

Change Theme!