#1 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hi guys,

I am starting my new TT 40K army after years of not playing the game, and I have decided after a long while to go with the dark angels, for two reasons really:
1) Purging of kadillus was a great book, and I felt really drawn to the secretive nature of the dark angels, and their need for balance between hunting for the fallen and protecting mankind.

2) I had the starter kit which means that I have all the paints for dark angels :P

So after visiting my GW store, I bought a set of terminators, and have a vague plan of making a deathwing strike force, consisting of sort of the elements below:

HQ: Deathwing Supreme master Belial
TROOPS: (4/5) terminator squads, maybe a scout squad or two
ELITES: (2) dreadnoughts
Heavy support: Predator

That was at least my plan for now, and belial is a must for allowing the deathwing terminators as troop choices!

so basically in the long run of things, does anyone have any tips or advice for my army plans?

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#2 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Run dual wing.

Ravenwing are good, and come with telehomers to make your deepstrikes precise.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#3 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Deathwing assault first turn twin linked, but the standard of devastation allows bolters within 6" of it gets four shots, beliel regular terminators are troops, samial ravenwing become troops, but if you have belial and deathwing on scouring mean your bikes regular troops and termis can capture points wonderful
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#4 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Well the only word or advice I would give is that a terminator heavy list isn't fun to use, yes you will pretty much crush everything but there is now challenge there (trust me I have a 30 terminator chaos list and you could have double that). So yer I'd say go for a more standard list and then when your collection gets big enough you can have a terminator list that you break out every now and again when there is a *CENSORED* bastard around.

Posted Image

#5 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Land raider crusader also gets the standerd of devistation
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#6 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I was thinking of going termie heavy, not just because that's going to be tricky to beat, but because I have always wanted to do something around a veteran company.

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#7 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

I disagree about Termies. They're good but not OP. Flying circus lists and Tau Firing lines will mess you up pretty badly. The standard of Devastation also doesn't include Storm Bolters for some reason IIRC. Go figure.

I ran deathwing in 5th and enjoyed it, it's a matter of preference. Might be worth taking veteran squads in drop pods with meltas as well.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

Change Theme!