286 replies to this topic

#261 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

horus is flung bodily across the plaza and lands in a dereilict building.

the shot connects with the beasts knee and it grunts painfully, falling to its knee with a sickening crunch.

Bones jut from the ruined flesh as the beast screams , and hurls a pillar to where youe shooting

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#262 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

"Shit." Thessa clutched the gun tightly and started skidding down the side of the roof, her boots tearing off chunks of the shingling. She didn't stop her slide down, using the momentum to propel her jump to the next roof. She kept low on that roof, nearer the edge as she made her way around to the other side.

donne-3d-vista-foto-sfondi-per-free-imag

Don't worry I'll end your suffering quickly.

#263 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

the house is reduced to rubble in seconds. the beast screams in pain and fure as it tries to stand with sickenbing crunches, making it fall with a loud crunch.

hporus grunts as he stands, the radiactive symbol on his chest glowing dully.

"Fuck....i need to charge..."

cainsig11.jpg

#264 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

Thessa stayed out of direct sight of the beast, popping her head up long enough to get her bearings and decide where she could line up a shot. "Fall back, commander. I'll take it down." She moved along the roof again to take another shot. "Odin, do you copy? Are you alright?"

#265 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

You hear a pained gerunt .

"Bad...Real bad....I think i stubbed my toe.."

You look up and see skarn leap from a nearbty building onto the beasts back, firing round after round into the monsters skull as  it flails and screams

cainsig11.jpg

#266 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

"Oh you poor thing, I'll send Horus down to kiss your owies in a little bit." She had the rifle ready to go in time to see Skarn's stunt. "Crazy bastard...." Thessa sighted down her scope and took another shot at the creatures heart.

#267 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

Before you can shoot a wave of heat engulfs the beast and skarn leaps off.

Horus advances, palms raised as nuclear heat strips flesh from the beasts face with each step.

" end its suffering... Give it peace.."

cainsig11.jpg

#268 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

"Stand down, Commander! You're going to over do it!" In a swift motion she picked up the rifle, steadying herself on one knee, she scoped down and shot the beast in the head.

#269 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

horus shouts and places his palm on the beasts face and it lets out a scream. As if watching nuclear decay play out in fast forward the beasts face begins to glow, deterioate and crumble to nothing, slumpin g to the ground with a loud boom.

cainsig11.jpg

#270 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:03 AM

Thessa shuddered at the sight. Horus' power was terrible and for a moment she wasn't sure if her stomach contents would stay down, but it was also amazing. It was astonishing how much strength and ability he held within him. She found herself enthralled with her husband in a new way, until she remembered it was her fault. Leaning over the edge of the building she lost her last meal and a mouthful of bile. She could feel the heat of Horus' power and smell the corpse. Sliding away from the edge she picked up the rifle and moved to find the fire escape from the roof. They need to get away from the undead and she guessed her husband would need to recharge.

"Skarn." Her voice quavered as she pushed down the urge to hurl again. "Odin needs to be extracted from under the rubble We need to move, fast. If we're lucky we'll have ten minutes before this town is packed with undead. There's a ranger safe house, roughly five miles from here. It should have what we need to recover."

#271 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:36 AM

the undead are already swarming, charging to feast upon the bodies as Skarn moves to help odin free.

As you get to horus he is on one knee, his hands are steaming, and blood can be seen dripping from between the intricate interlocking plates of his gauntlets, but as you get closer you can hear him praying.

Its an old proverb, one from pre inception, one begging forgiveness for a soul ripped from life, a send off to the great beast that had been killed.

cainsig11.jpg

#272 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

It was a prayer that Thessa was very familiar with, one of many that spilled from Horus' lips in the time that they worked together. She had learned the old language to be called Latin. They were very old, very religious prayers that she had finally found written in the scrolls deep in the catacombs. It had taken her months to find and translate the scripts but now she understood them like she spoke them every day. Her voice joined with his as she wrapped his arm around her neck, making him stand from his state of penance. Normally she would have let him pray uninterrupted but they couldn't fight all these ghouls right now.

#273 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

he stands weakly agasint her as skarn comes into the town beside them.

"Im all for the touchy oogoo love time but weve got  to go...They have flayers coming in...And we dont have anywhere near the scrath to survive."

Odin grunts.

'We get to the safehouse and we can radio in for a chopper.....Weve gotta get moving now, my bombs will buy us the time.."

cainsig11.jpg

#274 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

"I'm not a fool. Stay out of sight of the intelligent ones, they will attack us. Just move quick." She repositioned Horus' weight and started dragging him along. "Gratia tuo nos." Her whisper was meant for only her husband to hear.

#275 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:47 AM

Felicius, quam mihi chara quippe mortui"

Horus grunts, dragging his ravaged form beside you as his energy fades, leaving a hersh smell of ozone in the air.

"Theres no way well make it to the ranger station  above ground.......We can try the sewers and it may be easier."

cainsig11.jpg

#276 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

"No, the sewers will be worse. You're right though, we won't make it there without a distraction, but you three will." She shifted her weight, wrapping Horus's arm around Odin's neck, making her squad member catch his weight. "You get him to the safehouse you understand. Don't look back, don't come back to help." Thessa met Skarn's eyes. "Keep them safe and out of trouble."

Slinging the rifle over her shoulder and gripping her vibroblade tight she took of back into the town. She needed a distraction, a big one. She weaved her way to the nearest watchtower, sticking to the shadows as much as possible and checking her back for quiet pursuers.

#277 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:08 AM

"Stop acting without leave thessa.."

horus growls in annoyance, his body giving out and being forced to kneel.

you get to the watch tower and notice a loud whistling in the air as you see a light faintly in the distance.

"Get back to the squad....I am not asking sargeant."

cainsig11.jpg

#278 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

Dread knotted her stomach. It was like seeing the wrath of God and it bore horrible memories. "Missile..." it was a whisper into the COM, a choked word. "Missile!" She scrambled down the watchtower. "Get in the sewers and run! Run!"

#279 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

You run past the others and leap into the first sewer you see. the others clamber inside but horus is nowhere to be seen.

ouytside the manhole you can hear fighting , and within moments, horus tumbles into the sewer after you.

"the manhole cover!"

Skarn leaps up the ladder and heaves with all his strength, dragging the rusted cover over te hole just in time as the world explodes.

You remember tumbling. Your hearing stops, a pain fills your head as the sludge and muck slams into you with incredible force. your suit cuts off the airflow from outside but for several moments you are adrift in the slime.

"Sound off.."

odi grunts over the comm.

"Present.."

Skarn grunts, his eyes glowing through the muck as he pulls you into a sewer pipe and out of the main flow.

cainsig11.jpg

#280 Lafayra Rue

Lafayra Rue

Marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

Thessa ripped the facemask off her helmet, gasping for air. "Present..." she managed. She waited for the sound of Horus's voice over the COM as she mulled over what had just happened. It wasn't coincidence, someone knew they were there or that they would end up in that little town, which means they probably knew they would end up in this sewer. The water was high in this tunnel, almost up to her chest but she looked at Skarn. He was an infiltrator...maybe a double agent...but she wanted to be a little hopeful that he was being tracked somehow, giving away their position. Maybe it was time to split up.

Change Theme!