• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Westguard

Westguard

Meatshield

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

So what's the best 5 man terminator squad make up? Should I do all ranged? All melee? Or a mix? Exactly what should each one carry?
Westguard, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jul 2013.

#2 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

I would use them as a close combat unit it does not matter what specifically but I would try to either increase there attacks (twin lighting claws) or go all out monster slayers (so powerfist/chainfists or thunderhammer and storm shield) Also don't just teleport them in without a thought deploy them tactfully so if you are up against a melee based army just have them with your as your opponent will be running at you but if you are up against a ranged army then teleport them in.
Posted Image

#3 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

I prefer to do it so you have one squad with say thunder hammer & storm shield and another with power fists an assault cannon and a bunch of stormbolters so your opponent takes one squad on but the other squad munches him in combat/ at range.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#4 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thunderhammer Stormshield.
Smashes everything in assault (except a full ork mob, but then nothing beats them in assault anyway.), and is by far the most durable unit available to anyone. Deepstrike is far less risky than in 5th too, so you can generally deepstrike them and get away with it.
Just remember that 3++ is what sets them above other terminators.
Or, play deathwing and slap a CML on a TH/SS termy. Run the rest with TH/SS.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#5 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

You can't do mix, they either have to have all range weapon with power fist or chain fist or all melee with lighting claws or thunder hammers. If it is a five man team run them with range weapons cause five assault termies isn't enough if they foot slog across the broad or even deep strike. The best thing for terminators is a land raider to safely guide them across the battlefield. This is the best advice I can give, so if you don't have a land raider just go with shooting instead.
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!

#6 Westguard

Westguard

Meatshield

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

I appreciate all your advice! If anyone else has any I am trying to make a decision by weekend.

Westguard, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jul 2013.

Change Theme!