22 replies to this topic

#1 Archangel 484

Archangel 484

Mando Gra'tua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

After scraping both my chaos army and my space marine army, then creating what I could from the remains, im looking for help reforming them into formidable fighting forces once more.

As of right now they have...

Chaos (Iron Warriors)
1 Warsmith
3 squads of 10 chaos space marines
2 squads of imperial guard (cannon fodder)

Space Marine (????)
1 Chaplin
3 squads of 10 space marines

Undecided
1 dreadnought
1 rhino
1 predator
1 land speeder

So far im thinking of changing my space marines into Blood Angels because I like the death company and there lore but after talking to a few others about this they suggested Space Wolves or Deathwatch. I would be grateful for any help given with either the army lists or my new chapter choice.
Posted Image

#2 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

I would add a pair of 10 man assault squads and 3 sanguinary priests and run blood angels
Posted Image

#3 Archangel 484

Archangel 484

Mando Gra'tua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

I would add a pair of 10 man assault squads and 3 sanguinary priests and run blood angels

I think thats what I will do but what are your thoughts on death company? They are one of the main reasons I like the blood angels and I really want to add them into the mix.
Posted Image

#4 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Your gonna need some anti armor too so prob a devy sqaud or a ptedator annilator.
And thw death company are kool, try n get the fruiso death company dreadnought they are seriuously strong.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#5 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Blendernauts make people cry. So do death company marines. A deathwatch army would use the standard marines codex, which is due to be updated soon, could be worth waiting for if you like the modelling challenge.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#6 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

I think thats what I will do but what are your thoughts on death company? They are one of the main reasons I like the blood angels and I really want to add them into the mix.

They are great, pour as many points as possible into them and make a deathstar unit

Posted Image

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Fuck I hate those Furisio Dreds - everytime they get a kill they get an extra attack, and they invariably strike first against my marines. First tourny one of them plowed through the entire ASM squad in 1 turn of combat. 2nd Tourny I turned it into a sieve the moment it's pod arrived (no charge on drop)

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#8 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Fuck I hate those Furisio Dreds - everytime they get a kill they get an extra attack, and they invariably strike first against my marines. First tourny one of them plowed through the entire ASM squad in 1 turn of combat. 2nd Tourny I turned it into a sieve the moment it's pod arrived (no charge on drop)

it wont do shit to my loganator squad, 11 models with 2+ 3++ saves and strength 8 or 10 attacks (Logan and Arjac in there)
Posted Image

#9 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

it wont do shit to my loganator squad, 11 models with 2+ 3++ saves and strength 8 or 10 attacks (Logan and Arjac in there)

Wat u going on about ? U can upgrade it to have power claws which ingore saves.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#10 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Wat u going on about ? U can upgrade it to have power claws which ingore saves.

at the cost of about 4 or 5 attacks on average

Posted Image

#11 Archangel 484

Archangel 484

Mando Gra'tua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

It looks like in going to get a Furiso dreadnought with power claws. :D

-Lord Hugo01
would 2 furiso dreadnoughts and 2 predators work for heavy support because I have rockets in the tactical squads.

-Authrix
I think im going to stick to blood angels because I need to order parts to make deathwatch units look like deathwatch.

-Captain Draco Ny'ade
My death company are going to get anything there 2 hearts desire. :P

-Crucias
Did there rules change with 6th edition because I haven't played since 5th ended.
Posted Image

#12 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

That would work but I would get some fast attack in their eg landspeeders sqaudron, attack bikes these are needed for quick attacks or if sometink goes wrong.
With the preds I would use one for armor and one for infantry.
And the dreadnoughts you could neva have too many :D.
Also try and get some charaters in their too. But theres me giving you advice but u got to suit it to your playing style is quick attack or steady advance or sit back ?
Adjust your army units to how u play, but I always look at the oppenets units this tives you some idea to what to use.

Just letting you know I had a 3000 point blood angels army so I know just abit about blood angels lol. But you doing good dude.

#13 Archangel 484

Archangel 484

Mando Gra'tua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

I dont know a good play style for the blood angels yet but I do know they are known for there assault squads and fast attack. After I get a few assault squads, sanguinary priests, death company, Furiso dreadnoughts, a good HQ and maybe some terminators I will work on my armor and get predators with changeable parts so I can adapt to the situation. So far so good?

Posted Image

#14 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yup man good on ya.

#15 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

Get mephiston as HQ and instead of predators get stormravens :P
Posted Image

#16 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

Mephiston is nowhere near as good as he was. Terminators are great this edition, vehicles are pretty good but not incredible. If you have a lot of infantry you should take anti armour vehicles.

Also, deep striking land raiders. That is all.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#17 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

Not mephiston get dante, hes a top bad ass and get an sanguinary guard with him n he take a whole army just with them.

#18 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

mephy is great if you protect him with death company

Posted Image

#19 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

He's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Dante works because he has an axe.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#20 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Mep has been nerfed dante has is op. The best choice for a ba hg choice.

Change Theme!