17 replies to this topic

#1 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

I've played all of the Starcraft series so far (Minus Heart of the Swarm) but it's all typically but the campaign and against friends. Anyone here play Starcraft II at all? I'd love to get some practice in and rock some people online. :D

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#2 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yes I play star craft two as terran Delta sniper and xionic reaper play it as well.
Posted Image

#3 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:27 PM

Oh awesome. How the hell do I add you guys? haha.

Posted Image

#4 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Well you have to go to add friend then go to Character friend and then type in there username and there 3 digit cod it also shows below what you'r code is.
My username is Doomdrinker
and code is 753
I'm only in silver league.
Posted Image

#5 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

XiKeiyaZI
Code : 419

Posted Image

#6 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

i play, I will post my code later

Posted Image

#7 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Oh just remembered what server you guys on I'm on EU.
Posted Image

#8 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

US!

Posted Image

#9 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:00 AM

you can change your playing server for free on the start screen
Posted Image

#10 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

I used to play quite a bit when SC2 came out. Was in Diamond for a while but stopped playing. I wouldn't mind picking it up again if you want a match.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#11 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:33 AM

havent played since broodwars lol but my new comp is on the way and i would love to play with you guys get some training and learn all the nex stuff
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#12 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

I need some training. =/ I certainly understand the concepts and basic defenses as well as starting points for all races - but leaning towards either Terran or Zerg right now. Only won a single match. Lmao.

Posted Image

#13 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Well my problem is that I now a lot about the game (I watch a lot of shoutcasts, tournys) but I don't know how to implement then also I have terrible anxiety when facing other people.
Posted Image

#14 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

It happens. You get used to it rather quickly. Haha. Everyone I've played so far has been really cool about me being new and every match has been fun, although nerve racking.

Just give me an add and we'll play sometime today. I'm heading home early due to being ill anyway.

Posted Image

#15 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Basically, as a general rule, you want to get your APM up, but not from artificial clicking. The more/faster you can manage your units and structures without falling behind in any aspect (micro or macro), generally the better you will be (obviously this is up to a certain point where it is a lot more involved/complex than that, probably around masters league).

I got up into Diamond as Terran when the game came out, so I know a decent amount but definitely still need work.

Terran has the least amount of micro for its macro, so it is not a bad starting point. Zerg and Protoss are both quite micro intensive with larvae injection for zerg and warp gates for protoss. However, it just takes a bit of practice and you'll figure it out.

Hotkeys are very important, make sure you hotkey your important structures and unit groups. Everyone's hotkeys are different, but I usually hotkey my nexus/cc/hatch as 1, important units and unit groups as 2-6, and production buildings as 7. You can put all your production buildings in one group and just tab between building types (you can even tab between the same buildings and different add-ons as terran).

Once you figure out your gameplay and style, and get your macro down, start working on your timings. I have won a lot of games with just a proper timing push with the right unit composition. You also need to make sure that you are always building units and that you do not fall behind, because if your attack fails you will need units to either attack again or defend your base.

These are just some basic guidelines and points. I haven't played SC2 in a while, but I can hop on and help you out more if you need (and brush up myself).

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#16 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

That would be a blessing. I've gotten into the habit of trying to figure out my hotkeys which are pre-set but I have no idea how to use them nor how to set up my own in a functional way. I'd be happy to have some training.

Posted Image

#17 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

So anyone want to jump on for some 1v1 or 2v2?

Posted Image

#18 Kevroar

Kevroar

The Iron Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Add me and if i'm on then I would love to play

WyvernKnight

code:908