RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

Unknown

Chapter 1 First Encounters

Aden looked up at the sky it was raining again it had been raining since the day they completed the trench network. He looked behind him and saw the only standing structure that had been built since they had been deployed the command bunker warm dry and shielded from the outside world the damp hell that had become his new home. Lighting flashed guardsman could be seen filling in the trench fortify feet in both directions just long enough to cut the valley in half declaring the Imperial guards landing zone. Aden let out a long sigh before noticing the looks of the men around him none of the guardsman here where over twenty five some could be heard talking or at least those with higher spirits at least could be heard talking about their loved ones they had to leave behind some talked about their wives others about their children it was better than focusing on the current situation or so he thought.

The rain picked up and it seemed to grow darker that’s when Aden noticed it just standing there on the far side of the valley far away from the trench looming in the rain a tall figure that would dwarf a sentinel it had long slender legs and arms leading up to a large head with strange symbols written on it. The only weapon it seemed to carry was a sword but even stranger then that was the pink crystal on its shoulder that reflected light away from it. Aden nudged the guardsman beside him “what the hell is that?” the guardsman beside him looked at it only a second before nudging the man beside him it wasn’t long before the entire trench had spotted it and were talking. The Wraithguard began charging the Fire prism on its shoulder the light from it was beautiful so much so some of the guardsman began to climb out of the trench network and walk towards it to get a better look at what it was doing not able to resist unable to stop themselves. Inside the command bunker Ruth watched the guardsman using her security cameras placed along the trenches.

Ruth watched as the guardsman continued to get soaked in the rain she almost felt sorry for them being shipped out here before being given the proper gear but the Eldar had stepped up the attacks they couldn’t afford to wait for experienced guardsmen without instant reinforcements which these men had provided. She took a slow drink of coffee before getting up to go and make a report to her commanding officer. Commander Bernard was going through data slates when Ruth walked in he looked up suddenly startled not by her presence but by the screams. Bernard looked at Ruth “what the hell is going on out there well Ruth?? What the hell is going on.” Ruth froze not knowing what to say or what to do she just stood in front of Bernard looking at her feet. “Damn it woman” Bernard pushed his way past Ruth running for her security terminal. The middle of the trench suddenly exploded in a hot pink flash throwing guardsman in the air and incinerating the rest. Aden clawed his way out of the mud pushing the bodies of the other guardsmen off of him.

He stood up and looked back in the direction off the tall unknown figure it was gone. Aden looked to the man beside him “Where did it….” At first the screaming was a faint sound on the wind slowly growing louder Aden fell to the ground clutching his ears they were bleeding. The screams were coming from the forest at first Aden couldn’t tell what was making the sound but then he saw them terror griped his heart women with armor matching that of the tall machine he had seen earlier each with a sword as long as a man running towards them emitting the high pitch sound they bond them to the ground. The first was about to reach him when suddenly its head disappeared into a red mist. The body falling into the mud with a sickening slush sound Aden could now see a Kasrkin trooper standing over him “Stay down if you want to live.” The heavy stubbers mounted on all sides of the command bunker were now firing at will the karskin dragged Aden back behind the bunker and left him there returning to the trench’s to save who he could. Aden slowly but surely fell asleep there behind the bunker to the sounds of screaming and gun shots he drifted out thinking this is madness…

End of Chapter 1.

#2 JxExFxF

JxExFxF

Crimson Fist Co.2 Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

This is wack but does make u curious.
You Run. You Hide. I Charge On For Glory Is To Die For.

#3 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

? huh?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#4 JxExFxF

JxExFxF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

Sorry i was trying to say that when i read through it the scenes change quickly so its hard keeping track on what happening (not all though). But i was also saying that the mysterious figures that are appearing are are well described and interesting and it does keep you reading for you want to figure out whats happening. ALL in all you got a good start to a story and i will like to read more. I hope this clears it up for you and maybe helps a bit.

#5 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Perhaps "whack" means something different in canada ;). I think its great, cant wait for more.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#6 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Chapter 2 Chasing shadows

Aden drifted in his dreams safe from the chaos around him for the moment. Well up until Bernard kicked him square in the stomach. " Get up guardsman you don't have time to sleep." Aden stood up slowly looking around this side of the bunker was hardly touched you couldn't tell anything had happened.
"follow me guardsman." Aden looked at Bernard and stammered for a moment before forcing himself to move after the commander. Aden walked around the command bunker attempting to catch up with Bernard. Bernard smiled as he watched Aden limp around the Command bunker after him the sight reminded Bernard of his first battle he took off his Kasrkin helmet and let out a sigh at the sight before him. The trench net work was gone blasted apart out of the eighty men he had started with he now only had 20 he now only had the bunker for defense to hold the Landing zone's border. "Gather your gear and deepen this Trench into a moat then report inside." Bernard stopped to look at Aden who had managed to recover now. "you... your name is Aden isn't it? o never mind grab that gun and follow me."

Aden watched Bernard walk into the Command bunker before he grabbed the nearest Lasgun. Aden stopped to spare one last look at the wreckage that was once the trench network now nothing more then a hole full of burning bodies both human and Xenos alike. Bernard was waiting for him when he walked into the bunker nodding at him and continuing into the central command area. "Ruth reset the..." Bernard froze in the door way Ruth was still standing where he had left her looking down and her feet now in a puddle of her own blood. Bernard placed one hand on his Hell-pistol and scanned the room nothing moved nothing was out of place. "Aden stay here guard the door and for Emperor's sake turn the safety off on your rifle." Bernard slowly walked over to Ruth to inspect her. He didn't get the chance a hooded figure was suddenly on him knocking him to the floor.

Aden couldn't believe his eyes the air was moving... moving toward Bernard. Aden raised his gun and started to warn Bernard but never got the chance a hand covered his mouth and pulled him out the door the last thing he saw was Bernard falling to the ground with the strange creature. The grip that had him was strong Aden couldn't get his footing couldn't fight back. But then he stopped the unknown figure simply held him in place and he now knew why another figure seemed to appear out of the air. The figure was tall what armor could be seen was dark green mostly hidden under his white hood and cape. The figure had a long curved knife and was angling low he moved quickly Aden fumbled with the lasgun trying to lift it the room flashed red and smelt of burnt ozone the figure had stopped moving it was now looking down at its hand that was covered in a red liquid the figure fell over dead. Aden kicked backwards off the ground knocking the creature behind him into the wall an action he repeated several time's before being stabbed in the back twice Aden fell to the ground in a new wave of pain. He managed to roll over just in time to block the next attack with his gun. Suddenly the creature was pulled off of him and thrown into the wall as Bernard desperately tried to gain the upper hand before his own wounds caught up with him. "shoot it Ad..." Bernard began throwing up blood unable to continue the fight the hallway echoed with a strange sound Aden couldn't identify until he again saw the creature again the Xenos was laughing at them adding insult to injury as it slowly walked towards the two men taking its time enjoying the ideas of revenge it had playing out in it's mind. Aden shot the lasgun missing entirely "try aiming" Aden could see Bernard smiling as he crawled towards him trying to escape the Xenos. Aden took a moment steadying his aim and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened the battery was drained of all life.

The laughter began again echoing up and down the hall way.....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#7 JxExFxF

JxExFxF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

oh wow those guys are overpowered. lol nice story and well written i hope you keep up the good work that you started here for I am enjoying it.

Change Theme!