Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Live:ICE JARL
  • Steam:bjorn_ironskull
  • Social Groups:Ice Wolves

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well, let's be honest folks, It was only the thousand sons and ice wolves who got their lists in to cru and played our match on time. Ok DA had a round off due to the odd number of teams, so they got another week to titavate.

5a0878d3-1001-44ce-8a24-7d2530b2cb82_zps

#42 Doorman69420

Doorman69420

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

I just wanted you to know that you counted Rapid redeploy as 10 points instead of 5 cause the Sgt gets half off on all items plus you must have one devastator in your squad.

New and Improved list,
Roey Sgt
Plasma Cannon, plasma heat sink, iron halo 23
Doorman
Bolter, kraken bolts, rapid deployment. 18
Roberto
Bolter, kraken bolts, rapid deployment 18
Surfacing
Plasma gun, teleport homer, laramens blessing 29
Deesodee
Melta, improved melta charge, rapid deployment 30
Total: 118
When can we have match? Possible times this weekend?

For what Spec said your Sgt must have weapon versatility. FI anything talk to Spec about your list and what must be in it.

Weapon versatility is not a must for Sgt....list has devastator and is ready to go. 5 pm central is questionable, don't know how many I can get online. Will try
Posted Image

#43 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Well from what Spec told me the Sgt must have weapon versatility, that what he told me. 

Well, let's be honest folks, It was only the thousand sons and ice wolves who got their lists in to cru and played our match on time. Ok DA had a round off due to the odd number of teams, so they got another week to titavate.

Not true after Cru sent me a message saying I need your list, I sat down with my team to create a list to send to him. I had some question about what needed to be in there and Spec was the one who told me that it needed a Devastator and the Sgt must have weapon versatility. One other thing, it isn't Prosperan's job to check up on this since he isn't apart of it. The squad leader should to be seeing this and trying to create a match. I do believe that it is both parties faults for not trying to find out or talk to one other for the time of the match. I should have been trying to contact you Doorman and for that I'm sorry.
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!

#44 Doorman69420

Doorman69420

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Can this happen during the week? We should still try and get this done as soon as possible. Have to see when my guys are available...
Posted Image

#45 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

I too would like to do it this week cause we still have yet to practice and I don't know if Blackspider will be on at 5. This thing is way up in the air and I would like to get this match done with.
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!

#46 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Dark Angels Advance, Good Games sons of Magnus.
Posted Image

#47 PedyG2X

PedyG2X

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Actully Sgt does not have to have weapons vert. Sgt gets the benitfit of it being a cheaper upgrade. Just like all this perks are 50%. Just like on table top upgrades are cheaper to Sgt compared rest the squad. But u can not make your sgt a dev. Even in dev sqd the sgt of the sqd is a tact and the rest are all dev's. So the list they made is wrong. Pretty sure when I made the list for spec I had that in there may have been cut out or something. I figured someone would try that. Kinda kills the point having a dev be a upgrade if all u give them is 50% off.

#48 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Well I can see why people would make him the Sgt. The points for the Devastator is high plus you have to have one in the squad too so making him your Sgt would be the best idea. To make another point with that Sgt having weapon versatility, I sent Spec a message like 1 week ago and he said this to me: your sgt gets half on his weapons and perks but must have weapon versatility. yes you must have a devestator

#49 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

To bad the original post does not state that the SGT can not be the Devastator. Thus you cannot infract him for following the guidelines of the rules to which the creator was not specific enough on.

So now the rules are being altered mid-tournament or what?

If thats the case are we having to re-make new lists????

Spec we need an awnser sweetheart as your the community manager :D <3

Posted Image

#50 PedyG2X

PedyG2X

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Its cool not changing anything its spec show. Just saying wasnt my intent to have it like that. An forgot to add that bit of info to the rule. An if he said u have to have curtain things then so be it.

#51 Doorman69420

Doorman69420

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

Thought we were going to play...today was the day everyone on my side could show up. Sent messages that thursday was the best day but its a no show
Posted Image

#52 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Sergeant Rank: There one person you may choose in your squad to be the Sgt of the entire chapter squad. Sgt gets Weapons Versatility at 5pts and all rest wargear and weapons get 50% off(if its odd number the 1/2pts will be rounded up) There can only be one Sgt per 10 man chapter team.

^does it say your sgt can be a devastator? no. it does hint weapon versatility which just so happens to only be available on the tactical. I fooled myself into assuming that everyone would have a tactical sgt. sorry my fault

sgt-tactical with weap versatility
1 devastator(cannot be the sgt)

If your list is wrong please redo it and send it back to me.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#53 ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Live:ICE JARL
  • Steam:bjorn_ironskull
  • Social Groups:Ice Wolves

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Thought we were going to play...today was the day everyone on my side could show up. Sent messages that thursday was the best day but its a no show

This is slowing the tourney down for the remaining factions. If the space wolves are ready at every turn and getting no responses. Surely this is an intervening moment.

5a0878d3-1001-44ce-8a24-7d2530b2cb82_zps

#54 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Don't worry we will do this match Saturday and I hope you have the correct list by that time too.

#55 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Sergeant Rank: There one person you may choose in your squad to be the Sgt of the entire chapter squad. Sgt gets Weapons Versatility at 5pts and all rest wargear and weapons get 50% off(if its odd number the 1/2pts will be rounded up) There can only be one Sgt per 10 man chapter team.

^does it say your sgt can be a devastator? no. it does hint weapon versatility which just so happens to only be available on the tactical. I fooled myself into assuming that everyone would have a tactical sgt. sorry my fault

sgt-tactical with weap versatility
1 devastator(cannot be the sgt)

If your list is wrong please redo it and send it back to me.

Adjusting rules mid-tournament seems meh, but at this point I dont think anyone really cares either way.

From the way it is worded it does not say the the sgt must be a tactical with weapon versatility nor does it say that the sgt cannot be a devastator. It merely says that the sgt has the option to use weapon versatility for 5 points and all other wargear and weapons at 50% cost.

But again, I don't think anyone really cares about it at this point and we all just want to get it over with.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#56 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

well last time i checked a devestator cant have weapon versatility. it didnt say sgt has the opton for weapon vers it says sgt GETS Weapon versatility. which would then make the sgt a tactical.

honestly i dont really care for it either. it was supposed to be a big tournament that people were always asking for and out of the 23 "chapters" on GW 7 chapters signed up. two of which dropped out including my own. Not the best turn of events.

I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#57 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

"Sgt gets Weapons Versatility at 5pts and all rest wargear and weapons get 50% off"

Makes it sound like weapon versatility costs 5 points (66% reduction) and all other wargear and weapons at 50% discount. This does not make it sound mandatory at all, where you have:

"1 Troop out of the 4 will be a devestator."

The use of the word "will" makes it mandatory. However, having a mandatory devastator in a "tactical tournament" seems a bit odd to me.

But again, I'm not arguing the rules, I'm just stating an interpretation of it. Proper, consistent and non-ambiguous language will eliminate these sort of interpretations.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#58 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

The Alpha legion forfeit and the Space Wolves move on. Good luck guys.

#59 Doorman69420

Doorman69420

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

New list for this Sundays match against Dark Angels.
Doorman9429
Bolter, targeter, rapid deploy 14
Roberto
Bolter, kraken, rapid deploy. 18
Deesodee
Melta, improved, rapid deploy. 30
SGT Surfacing
Plasma, laramens, teleport homer. 12
Devastator, Roey
Plasma cannon, Heat Sink, Iron Halo 46
Total: 120
Reserve is Waylander40k
Posted Image

#60 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

So the sergeant does not require weapon versatility?

Change Theme!