6 replies to this topic

#1 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

I was in a rather large Apocalypse game not so long ago, it was meant to be the battle of Calth but 41st K timeline, with some Orks, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves thrown in for lulz.

I was using the Death Company formation, and they were all jamed in Storm Ravens and Drop Pods, for those of you who dont know how EVIL!!!! this is let me explain...

"Bloodrage: For each unsaved wound caused in clode combat by any model in this formation, it can immediately make another attack. If this attack also causes an unsave wound, you can make another attack and so on."

AND...

"Stormravens have the Flyers and Hover special rule. This is to represent their use in larger scal battles such as Apocalypse"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Basicaly in turn 1 two Stormaravens jam-packed with DC was right in the middle of a Chaos and Guard army (everything on the brown board you see and more), they shot EVERYTHING at it but needing 6's to hit a flyer they completely failed :D, The Chaos player wasnt happy when I said he cant assualt Flyers 
Although they were'nt fairing any better against a sea of Smurf coloured Metal Bawkses:

Posted Image

Or the company worth of Blood Angels and Space Wolved... or the Reaver class battle Titan:

Posted Image

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#2 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

BTW, all the grey and red models in the bottom right in drop pods are my reserves :D

Posted Image

#3 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

And as you can see there wasnt much of the Chaos army left. Or the Baneblade.

Now as a twist that happened )that made guard player the luckiest kid in the world) a Chaos Sorcerer gave EVERYTHING that wasnt blue an over dose of the "Blue" Thirst to kill every Smurf in site, the Smurfs had to kill the Sorcerer to stop. Unfortunatly me and the other Blood Angels player wasnt prepared to lose this chance to let rip on everything that represents Matt Ward (ironicaly using broken rules he made)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

In the image of me performing a magic trick and making a Chaos army dissipear! you can see a Stompa. 2 Death Company dreadnoughts stomred out of the 2 Lucious patteren drop pods and let rip on Dat big metahl fingy, leaving only one structure point left. Now although I had changed sides (Just As Planned) I still really wanted to kill it :D However my greed led to an Apocalyptic Explosion that wiped out the front half the guard army, the entire Ork army, and half of a whole scout company that had outflanked just as they turned (No regrets, particulary to that Raven Guard scum :P)

Posted Image

#5 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

It ended with the 3 annoying people using Roboute Guilleman, Corax, and Leman Russ getting the floor wiped with them by an overwhelming Blood Angel charge from 2 whole armys plus what little scraps the Blood Angels left of the Chaos forces (not many). In all I killed whole scours of Wulfen (sorry for no pics I was too ingrossed in the game to take pics at this point) using my Death Company and a rough total of 3,000 to 4,000 points losing only 1,000 overall.

An epic (but rather strange) Apocalypse game.

(also my army was the one mostly in the Chaos lines while the other is the one dotted with many red tanks)

Posted Image

#6 Crimson Marine

Crimson Marine

Wolf in Primarchs clothing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

I love reading battle reports with illustrations :D, good show. Looks like the smurf player was obsessed with dreads lol.
How long did the game take though, as it seems you must have been playing ages?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Postad bild

#7 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

8 hours, and if I knew this game was going on I would have brought and fielded 9 of my own dreads :P

Posted Image

Change Theme!