20 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Awesome video!

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#3 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Really captures what EVE is about in very cool way. They always have good commercials for the game.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#4 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

If only the PvE gameplay was as engaging. PvP is incredibly fun but other than that its pretty meh.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

I love Industry, I can afk mine while I'm busy (with hold emptying runs once an hour) and then craft shit to shoot with when I'm actually online and playing for real

cruSig2.jpg

#6 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

Oh yeah I'm not saying that the game doesn't have depth. The game has huge amounts of depth with industry and markets and all that shit. I have spent many hours playing the markets trying to make a profit and such. It is fun, but when it comes down to shooting rats it can be stale pretty quickly. Although, PvP is incredibly fun and can be some of the best (or worst) experiences you have gaming. What is the most interesting aspect is the fact that information is probably the most important aspect to pvp (aside from supercapitals if you're talking about sov warfare). Without proper information, you can be (and usually are) utterly screwed.

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

Without proper information, you can be (and usually are) utterly screwed.

Agreed

We plan to exploit that fully, stealth bombers with bombs and empty Bestowers (bait).

In EVE what you don't know WILL kill you abruptly

cruSig2.jpg

#8 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yep baiting and killing pirates and dickheads is quite fun.

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

I intend to enjoy every last minute of it

cruSig2.jpg

#10 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

I'm guessing I get to be bait for awhile then lol
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#11 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

Man I really miss PvPing in this game. I had a lot of fun doing this during the last summer/fall. Doing some rough calculations I've destroyed roughly $4010 worth in ships over a 5.5-6 month period and lost about $140.

Totally worth it.

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Totally

cruSig2.jpg

#13 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

And almost a titans worth last august...man i miss it.

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

LOL someone tried to gank us while Ice Mining tonight, I was downstairs fetching some ice cream and beer healthy food and got back in time to watch Concord turn them into confetti. Turns out someone tried ganking in a different belt earlier and concord was still in-system en-mass.

Right now there's more Concord Pilots than asteroids in my view

cruSig2.jpg

#15 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

I would so play EVE, but I dont think i could get over the whole Pay To Play part, i already had to buy the game shouldnt have to spend money on something i already bought
Posted Image

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

I would so play EVE, but I dont think i could get over the whole Pay To Play part, i already had to buy the game shouldnt have to spend money on something i already bought

/shrug - You can pay for your sub with ingame currency if you get good at farming up the money. The game costs $20 and has been running 10 years now, every 6 months there's a minor expansion, and every year there's a major expansion; all free.

I'm used to paying for games, but now I am very picky about which ones get my money. Not many MMOs make it past the 30 day trial

cruSig2.jpg

#17 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

As far as I know the game is free to play aside from a monthly subscription fee, unless they changed it? Generally all MMOs charge you a monthly subscription fee to pay for server costs, maintenance, updates. etc. However, EVE is the only one that I know that actually encourages you to buy game time with in-game money. I haven't paid for my main account in over a year, and I've had an alt account for about 9 or so months that I haven't paid for either.

#18 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Alright well just to give the game a shot i downloaded the 14 day trial. Any race i should play to meet up with you guys or will i not be able to do that?
Posted Image

#19 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

No race specifically matters to be honest. I think crucias's corp is based in amarr space but im not too sure about that so amarrian would be your best bet for least travel time. However it really doesnt matter to be honest.

#20 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Should have taken a trial off one of us because it would give us free money if you sign up :)

https://secure.eveon...68&action=buddy

Link above is the 21 day trial we can give out for anyone interested.

Now, Amarr is the best you could pick if you wanted to be Warhammery (Imperium) and also it would give you a day's boost up over the other races in terms of ships we have stored in the corp warehouse. You can be any race and use any racial thing

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!