26 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

Ok so later today I will be off to play Gears all day for a Reaper so I can get that medal and weapon skin for killing the Reaper.

Reapers are a special type of player who only the EPIC Developers can use or someone who is nominated by the Gears of War Judgement forums community.

Apparently they are pretty rare so I will be living in TDM tomorrow!

If you are on and would like to join in let me know with an message or something and I will be more than happy to have some company as I die repeatedly with my Hammerburst.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

yea ill join you in vip team deathmatch, i've never came across one but i've seen a bunch of people with the reaper medal. 
i suspect he would be in execution cause its safe to assume whoever is the reaper is most likely a gnasher *CENSORED*. but no matter how much they give you im not going to execution.
Posted Image

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Well it means I have to mash my trigger finger even more then if they are a Gnasher *CENSORED*!

I would imagine they would be all over the place but at the moment I am back to having a Bloodmount eat my face =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

I dont see the point of having a medal that can only be aquired from facing a special person
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Is quite annoy as it means you have to hunt someone you never know where they are or going to be....

Quite a few games have something like this. EG Play someone who has this achievement or Kill a Developer or Moderator of this game or something like that.

Gives me something to do though I guess =P

#6 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

it's a way of rewarding people on their forums for dedicating their time to helping out and moderating the forums. it's like a player loyalty program. i have no problem with it but either way, i want that medal lol.

http://forums.epicga...pdated-3-27-13)
Posted Image

#7 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Agreed Paladin =)

Also I did that level! Finally after about another 30 or 50 dead Bairds I have finally done that Chapter! Two chapters left now.....

#8 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

haha good luck with the last level, wide open space with tons of enemies on insane.....i feel for your butthole lol
Posted Image

#9 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Really Sofia's first part is the worst! Little to no Ammo fighting Reavers and Theron Bows.....

Still I have done most of the Last Chapter got the last two sections including Karn.... Going to be a mass grave of Bairds there....

Need to do all of the second Chapter though....

Also don't forget Ragers and Maulers on the last level when Karn and his big bug run away because a Lancer does more damage than a Lightmass Missile! =P

#10 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

I read more of the forum about the reaper and apparently the only way to kill him is getting invited by one of the reapers into a private game or trying to join their game in progress. their response is that they can get 9 people in a private game but only 4 in public which makes sense. send them a message and hope to get in. but don't spam them cause if you do they will block your communications. tomorrow i will turn stalker mode on and wait lol.
Posted Image

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

Fair enough I will do that later or something. It is 5:40am here and I think I need sleep. My eyes are starting to ache =P

I have 102 stars out of 126 on Insane so I will complete the campaign soon and just need to find COG tags and do it on co op. I will not do it on Insane after that as people will want to complete it not just have me well... Read my signature kindly given to me by Paduk... I mean Dante....

#12 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

dat dante moment :D
Posted Image

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Dante is going to kill us....

#14 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

no he's going to kill me....i'm in the U.S. :P

Dante's perspective :D
Spoiler

Posted Image

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

So you're fucked I'm not. Good!

Also out of curiosity do you want a new Signature?

#16 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

a gears of war signature would be nice. something with an onyx guard and saying " i am a cog in the machine, i am a gear"
Posted Image

#17 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Sure what colour do you want the Text. I was thinking of a Onyx Guard with a black Background and a Crimson Omen in the background with text either white or red.

#18 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

red text and that sounds great. you know me too well buttercup :D
Posted Image

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

Well here is something I just made when I was awaiting your response but got bored of waiting. I could make it with Red Text as it wouldn't take long.

Posted Image

#20 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

naa that's perfect man thanks! :D
Posted Image

Change Theme!