5 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Ok so I have just done an update for Gears which was 4MB and it is there in the Xbox Live Market place there is Upcoming DLC. Takes you to the VIP pass so you have to do it from the Dashboard but it is called Haven DLC I don't know if it is free as I have the VIP pass but it is near the back as most people probably do not know about it.

It also is fifty MBs and includes a new map called Haven and the game mode Execution. Also includes a update required for matchmaking in online gameplay.

http://forums.epicga...tle-Update-Info

That is the offical Gears forum which tells you all there is about the update. DLC wasn't supposed to be released but they released it early! =D

[Spoiler=Update Stuff]
  • Various dedicated server improvements.
  • Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
  • Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
  • Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
  • Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
  • If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
  • Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
  • While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
  • The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
  • The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
  • If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
  • You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
  • Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
  • Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
  • You will now see XP tallies between matches.
[/Spoiler]

The map Haven is described as a frozen, ancient monastery in the Azura mountains, featuring an asymmetrical, circular layout with all paths leading to the center.

Also some good news! Epic have created special playlists for Haven and Execution which will feature 2 XP for a limited time. VIP pass holders will receive 3 XP within that playlist for a limited time.

#2 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Sounds good im loving the new gears just need some pkayers to play with.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Well I am on most of the time.

If you want to have some games let me know I am up for most games but I generally will let out a burst of RAGE when a Gnasher kills me =P

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

The new game type has been added to the servers. =D

We can now play the Haven map online and play the Execution game type! I don't know if the Special Event has changed. I will check later but I am off to die repeatedly trying to kill some Reavers and Therons for a while.

I will look into when the next DLCs are expected to be released soon =)

#5 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Thank god finally a real playlist
Posted Image

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well I ain't much of a fan but go for it if you want =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

Change Theme!