• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well. It is amazingly fun to play. Of course its a bit glitchy here and there but it is a beta.

What I noticed first was that.. Well its an MMO which I didnt know. Pretty good. The vehicle you get moves quite well (Quad Bike BTW). It reminds me of WOW, with you being given missions and getting a money, XP, Weapons after doing them.

The EGO system is quite intersting which is basicly the more you kill the more abiltys you get. You have a choice of 4:

Cloak: Ivisiblity with increased Melee
Decoy: Send out decoy which you can teleport onto if you want
Overcharge: Increased damage, reloads all guns
Blur: Increased Speed and Melee

All of the Above can be upgraded.

Its also Third Person not FPS Cru. It plays like a 3rd person Borderlands 2 in my opinion. Dont quote mes.

You have infinite grenades on a cool down bar and If you go down you have the choice to self revive once per life. Otherwise RESPAWN.

Classes:
They have no direct effect on the game apart from your first Primary and your outfit.

Tactitian: AR
Machinist: LMG
Outlaw: Shotgun
Survivalist: Sniper

You get a pistol as well but you get all of these weapons any way along the game so just chose ya favourite.

Pursits:
This is a challange system which gives you skill points for doing tasks like killing enemys which have been hit by others or jump shots.

Loot systems alot like BL except there isent 86 thousand.

Will update more with what I find.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#2 ramadibones

ramadibones

Doc Bones

• Members
  • Others:
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Live:RamadiBones

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

My Xbox beta was messed up so I have actually been playing the PC beta and I am enjoying the game but I do not like playing it on the PC lol. The perks system is really great and all the weapons are modable (I have a scope for my pistol now) so when you find a combination you like you can really excell at it.
It's the blood of the ancients
That runs through our veins
And the forms pass
But the circle of life remains

- Ellen Klaver

#3 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

sounds good, i might get it, when does it come out? but it sound s alot like planetside, don't wrote me on that but that's what i thought when i read the review.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Bloko

Bloko

Skyclaw

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

It will come the 2nd of april, do want very extremly hard^^

#5 AtomicPredatorX

AtomicPredatorX

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Ya the betas awesome after they patched the lag lastnight, all shooter with the mmo aspect of tons of other people running around in the same world, map looks huge beta only give access to 2 regions of the map which i still havent explored all of after about 12h of play, and looking at the map incuding what i cant go 2 the world looks about 10 to 12 times large than whats in the beta. All and all i highly recommend getting it on the 2nd it looks like a game the promises to stay fresh,new and fun for quite awhile. :)

And like metalhead said it reminds me alot of borderlands but is completely different at the same time if that makes seens. I thinks its mainly the ease of managing your skill trees and such and the continues run and gun fuctanality of it.

Posted Image

#6 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Ive played for a few hours and I do like the gameplay and such. Having played WoW and other MMOs significantly, the style of the game fits the MMO genre well. I haven't done any PvP yet, but I'm hoping that it is going to be awesome. They promised large-scale World PvP but from what i've seen you just queue for pvp matches and it puts you in a different instance or something? It looks great on first glance and the gameplay is smooth and pretty challenging so far.

Also thanks to Metalhead for his post above. It is very informative and I myself was going to ask about the difference between the classes when he described it succinctly.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#7 ramadibones

ramadibones

Doc Bones

• Members
  • Others:
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Live:RamadiBones

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

From what I have read and experienced is that the PvP, depending on a quick match or Shadow War is 8v8 to 16v16. And the co-op events are really great! Plus you get multiple loadouts for quick switching weapons and gear. So you can have some PvP loadouts and then PvE loadouts. I think it is up to a total to five once you get enough XP.
It's the blood of the ancients
That runs through our veins
And the forms pass
But the circle of life remains

- Ellen Klaver

#8 Bloko

Bloko

Skyclaw

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

still downlading my beta..... 60 % done hnnnngg.....

#9 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

ive done a bit of pvp and i've got to say that rocket launchers are ridiculously OP. Fast fire rate with high magazine size and massive AoE damage = many kills. It really ruins the fun in PvP...I really hope it gets balanced.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

Change Theme!