#1 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

Chapter One- Realization

It was night on the planet, cold and dark. The Icy winds wiped across the space marines face, it was cold and harsh; it would have easily burned the skin of any normal man. These are the Crimson Fist though part of the greatest warriors in the universe. The marine stood up shaking off the ice that had frozen to him, and took in a deep breath that broke up the frost in his throat. He turned and looked at his squad, “Brother Grimaldus” said the Crimson Fist.
“ Yes Apothecary.” said Grimaldus. “You and Brother Emp take the high left flank. Keep quite. And causalities low.” Said the Apothecary. “Understood Apulo.” said Grimaldus. Then as Grimaldus was about to set off, “Remember only fire if you have to and keep comm chatter at a minimum.” said Apulo.
Grimaldus shook his head and turned and took off. The Apothecary then took his three other scout squad members on the low left flank.

A few days before...
“Apothecary, I have reports of an ork force landing on a hive world in this sector. I want you and a small scout squad to land there and see what we are dealing with.” said a heavy voice.
“Of course, my lord.” said Apulo. “I want minimal contact, if you become under fire retreat and get to the drop site.” said the heavy voice. “Understood, my Captain.” said Apulo. “I know you will succeed in this endeavor, I just worry about our numbers.” said the Captain. “If we are under heavy attack I will make sure that we get out of there.” said Apulo while pounding his chest on the final word.

Present day...
There was a loud and vibrant explosion to the North West of Apulo's position; cries came out from the ork encampment. Then gunshots rang out. Apulo could hear a large group of orks coming down the path he was on and hastily moved his men into the shadows. As the orks ran by sounds of grunting and the smell of sweat and blood mixed in with mead filled the air. Apulo waited for the orks to move by before getting on the comm. “Grimaldus come in.” said softly Apulo. No response. Again he called for Grimaldus.
“Grimaldus come in.” said Apulo a little bit louder this time. The comm crackled back with heavy static then the sound of heavy breathing and gunfire. “Sir...”said Grimaldus. “Sir... we have... a situation.” the fire of bolter rounds snapped back and covered up Grimaldus's voice. “But we are moving fast straight south!” yelled Grimaldus. The sound of a chain sword came over the comm, an ork screamed as his flesh was ripped into. “That’s fine head four clicks south, my team will setup a perimeter there.” said Apulo. “Arrgghh!” cried Grimaldus, as he continued fighting his way away from the Xenos horde. “Understood.” said Grimaldus with a heavy breath.

One hour later...
Apulo and his squad of three were once again waiting in the plains just outside of the ork camp. Waiting for some kind of sign or noise of their battle brothers. Nothing just the screaming wind. Then random gunfire again only this time it was closer. The squad became full alert searching with open eyes in to the dark. Then a figured emerged from the dark, it was one space marine limping heavily with wounds in his right leg and left arm. He looked as if he was carrying something large as well.
“Brother Emp.” said Apulo. “Aye.” responded Emp. “Is this Grimaldus?” said Apulo.
“Yes” said Emp. As he and Apulo sat him down. “We ran into a corner at the orks armory” said Emp, watching the Apothecary go to work on his wounded brother. “Our only thought was to blow it and cause mass confusion.”
“No worries brother.” said Apulo “You did what had to be done.”
“How is he? His legs were broken by a huge bastard with two swings.” said Emp. “He has gone into a stasis, he will be alright, as long as we hurry.” said Apulo. The Apothecary then started to gather materials to build a make shift stretcher. When he was done he and Emp moved Grimaldus's body onto the stretcher. “Now the pick-up site is five clicks south. The orks won't travel too far out of their camp tonight, so we need to get moving before they arrive.” said Apulo.
Emp nodded his head and began to grab an end of the stretcher. “No, we need you to fight just in case of an attack, I want your bolter ready.” said Apulo. “Of course brother.” said Emp.

Two days later...
Grimaldus awoke on a table in the medical bay of the barge, The Righteous Truth home of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists. A servitor was looking him over while he was laying there; he moved it out of his way and sat up. Then he got off the table and began to walk around, 'everything feels good' he thought to himself. At that moment the door to the room opened and Apulo walked in.
“Ah! Brother great to see you up!” said Apulo.
“Feels good to be back.” said Grimaldus. “How does everything feel?” asked Apulo. “Good or nothing out of the ordinary.” responded Grimaldus. Apulo shook his head with a smirk on his face. “Good, well if you don't need anything suit up and head down to the great hall.”
Grimaldus did not respond, but just shook his head. “Brother, I am sorry for what happened down there.” said Grimaldus. Apulo stopped him and said “No need for apologies brother everyone came out alive and that is what mattered most.” Then Apulo turned and walked away.
As soon as Grimaldus entered the great hall a huge roar erupted, and he tried to hold back a smile but could not. The first Brother to get to him was Ansgar with a pint in his hand; he shoved it into Grimaldus's hand. Then waited for Grimaldus to down it, “Ha!!! Great to have you back brother!” bellowed Ansgar. Grimalds was then confronted by all the other brother of the Third. Then a large figure walked up and shook his hand. “Welcome back brother.” said the heavy voice.
“Good to be back Captain.” said Grimaldus. The Captain then looked out across his company and quieted all of them down. “Emp tells us you saw nothing unusual while down there?” questioned the Captain. “No sir just orks looking for a fight.” said Grimaldus. The Captain turned and walked away and then looked over the room again. “Now men we have a situation at hand, orks have landed and are beginning to prepare for a war.” said the Captain as he walked around the room, with a certain aura about him, like he was born to be a Captain of Space Marines. But not just any Captain, Brother Captain Gerhart of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists The Master of the Line. Even the Black Templars fear and adore him after a short campaign with them on the hive world Graia, where the Captain and the Marshall Sion got into an altercation. This left Sion with a broken jaw and the Black Templars speechless.
“We have a large ork force and they are growing by the day. Though a leader for the orks has not yet shown his face.” he continued “I don't know what to think, I feel there is more at work but I don't know what.”
“My lord if I may.” said the Librarian. “This seems like our war on Illium IV.”
“That’s what I thought, but there was a large signs of chaos on the planet already.” said Gerhart.
“Either way, these orks need to be taken out.” he paused to take a swig “Ahh, also we will purge these orks before anymore can arrive.” Gerhart finished.

The next day...
The command room was small and cramped, holding more than its normal amount of occupants.
“I want five squads on the ground, and five to stay on the barge for when the ork flagship shows itself. Then we will board it.” said Gerhart.
“My lord who would you have lead the forces on the ground?” said Librarian Ansgar
“Well it shall be Brother Aries, my Veteran Sergeant.” said Gerhart
“My Captain I will lead these forces with pride!” said Aries while pounding his chest.
“Sir, the fourth will go to the surface.” said Chaplain Arch.
“As will mine.” said Brother Tech-Marine Conrad. “Same goes for my squad.” said Ansgar.
“Thank you brothers for stepping up to the challenge.” said Gerhart “Now enough talk let’s make haste and ready to embark.” Bellowed Gerhart.

Critique me please! tell me what I can do better. But I have already done two more chapters and need to type them up. Thanks guys.

#2 Hector Cervantes

Hector Cervantes

Meatshield

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

That was a nice story mate, can't wait to hear the rest :)

#3 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

Well done Bro! I ran it through word to clean it up a little.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#4 Brother Conrad

Brother Conrad

Meatshield

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Awesome story brother! Looking forward to the next chapter if there will be one! Story is good, only issue really is some format stuff, but that's easily fixed of course. I really enjoyed it.
Brother Conrad, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Nov 2011.

#5 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

watch the punctuation but other wise its really good
Posted Image

#6 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Yeh well I typed it on word the just copy and pasted here. And the format and other stuff got fucked when I did that. So oh well.

And yes more chapters coming, like I said I have two more done just need to type them. And this is my first attempt so if you all have any suggestions on how to 'fluff' it up let me know.

#7 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Best Space Marine fluff advice is, over exaggerate. Making everything over the top and larger than life. Instead of he was big, he was a mountain of a man. The more detail, and the more superhuman it is, the truer to the fluff it will be.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#8 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

Very nice brother, cant wait for the next chapter.

Posted Image

#9 Emporer469

Emporer469

Merc commander

• Interrogator
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Brother I can not wait for more of this story to come

Emporer469, I use to be a spacemarine just like you but then i took a taser to the Knee.
love being a mercenary in sanctum

#10 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

I have been told by my Brother that more of this is coming soon.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#11 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

FINALLY :D :D :D

Posted Image

Change Theme!