Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Postad bild

The Setting

The Zeon vs. Federation war has been raging for 14 years, 7 months, 19 days, 23 hours, 43 minutes, and 47 seconds. The Zeon forces are bolstering for a new assault which has been presented but never detailed, however, it's people are willing and their spirits have never been higher with the flux of recent victories in this seemingly unending war. With new recruits pouring in left and right in mass numbers to each training facility there is little room left in the remaining spaces to train these eager new souls. Soldiers have been pulled from the front lines to return and train the next generation of soldiers using their vast amount of combat experience and personal insight as to what it takes to survive. New training colonies have been and are still being built for the soul purpose of simulating front line battle for extended training for new recruits to ensure that their entrance into the battle field is more natural and secure - to ensure victory over their enemies.

Colony T-020 has just shipped out it's 7th wave of fresh recruits and as the war continues to take more lives, more souls are being brought into the colony via large transport ships which have made their rounds en route to deliver the fresh cargo to their instructors. To their homes. To their new roles as soldiers. This specific shipment, however, is special. Filled with a batch of young soldiers who have spent their early childhood studying the art of war, of advanced tactics, and of the primitive basics of killing. They are situated for the mental and strategical side of battle, however, they have never seen combat. Their training here will determine, so the Zeon Leadership hopes, the ultimate victory of the unification.

These recruits are young and green to battle. Picked from select numbers, sent through various courses and schools, and selected for their roles based on their strengths, these recruits are thought to be the near-future super soldiers of tomorrow. They are superior in knowledge and expertise yet inferior in experience. Their instructors are veterans of war, having survived numerous encounters and years in the field. It is the understanding that mating experience with advanced discipline will produce the finest breed of soldier. One thing, however, is that the Instructors have not been updated to the special -background- of these unique trainees. To them - these are just fresh soldiers.

This is the story of those young teenagers. Of their instructors. Of the battle to come. Of the souls lost to an endless war.

The Rules

1 : I am God. What I say goes. Skip to rule 3. :P

2 : Why are you reading this? Don't.

3 : You are not Gods. Thus - No acting like one. :D

4 : No Auto hitting/Auto Dodging unless it is imperative to the story.

5 : Romance - Fine. Sexing it up? Not so much.

6 : We are Literate. We're not talking about perfection here, just the ability to understand what you're saying.

7 : No Cannon Characters unless otherwise stated. This is an Alternate Universe Setting. Char, Garma, etc do not exist unless the story finds it imperative for such an icon to appear.

8 : No Gundams/Super Suits. There will be 'specialized' units but nothing to the degree of Death Star oriented power.

9 : Be original with your characters. There is no limit here outside of they must be human or something that could be seen as acceptable based with the technology expected. Xenomorphs? Sorry. Bird people? Sorry. Genetically altered humans with prosthetic cat ears? We can talk. Same goes for backgrounds. Just - be creative.

10 : Have fun.

Character Submission

Characters should be submitted via PM using the below skeleton. Once accepted or rejected, you will receive a PM either linking you to the character thread or explaining why I could not accept your submission. Please keep in mind - you will be playing the role of a select group, the main characters being centered around the recruits of this story. So imagine - would you rather be the future super pilot in training, or would you rather be their trainer?

Profile Name : 
Character Name :
Character Role : (Recruit/Instructor/Military Personnel/Civilian/ETC)
Character Talent Specialization : (Strategic Forecasting, Infiltration, Heavy Weapons, etc)
Character Age : (13 - 18 for Recruits)
Character Sex : 
Character Appearance : (Picture not needed but preferred)
Character Personality Traits : 
Character Strengths : 
Character Faults : 
Character Bio :

You may play multiple roles. 

The Environment

Space is a cold, vast, uninhabitable place for humans without the help of technology and sacrifice. Man has moved from the comfort of Earth to the stars above, housing themselves in vast colonies made of alloy and artificially created breathable air.

The colony in which this story takes place is suited specifically for military use - Civilian areas dedicated to the couple dozen thousand people which inhabit the colony. There are markets, entertainment areas, and housing areas for the military families. Vast amounts of the colony, however, is dedicated to military use and training. This colony was never meant to be a basic civilian living center. It was meant to house those who work within the military and support Zeons' armies. A place to hone skills, train new recruits, research military based technology, and store/deploy mobilized units.

Postad bild

We are in Space - The cold, breath taking claws of Space. Only glass and thin walls separate us from Death.

::Characters::

Profile Name :
Keiya

Character Name :
Xerus Aalhur'ei

Character Role :
Instructor

Character Talent Specialization :
Strategic Warfare and Close-Range Combat

Character Age :

Character Sex :
Male

Character Appearance :
Postad bild

Xerus comes off as a very laid back and casual individual. He is commonly found reading through documentation or notes of historical events based around modern day or even ancient combat engagements dating back to the Romans of Early Earth. Taking time with his thoughts, though sharp and witty, Xerus makes it a point to say the appropriate thing at the appropriate time, leaving either vast amounts of room for understanding or laying the blunt truth out to get a point across. Either way, what he says has meaning. He calculates his actions, picking and choosing his methods in an almost machine-like rampancy to obtain the outcome he needs. Through most of this, however, he comes off as smooth and understanding. As most of his recruits are still young he finds it in himself to not only be the dominant and commanding figure that demands respect, but somewhat as a father figure.

Character Strengths :
Xerus is precise. Accurate without drift. Honorable. Noble. Calm. Collective. Enthusiastic. He is someone who gets what needs to be done accomplished without question. His methods are wild yet logical. His insight is sharp and his intelligence even sharper. He has years of combat experience, both winning and losing. Where he fails, he learns and what he learns he applies in a more aggressive manner. He must constantly progress himself and those around him for if not he feels as if he is wasting away.

Character Faults :
Xerus has a soft spot for children. He also finds that his biggest weakness is his inability to let things go. While he does not cling to emotions, he tethers their meanings and allows them to drift about him, forever haunting him. For each life lost he feels it's full weight on his shoulders. He has vast demons within his mind, though, he keeps them locked away and hidden. His demeanor may be smooth but his temper is short in combat. He has been known to go into full-out episodes of rage upon witnessing the meaningless loss of civilian and comrade lives.

Character Bio :
Xerus joined the Zeon forces at a young age shortly after his mother was killed during a Federation capture of his home colony. The colony which his father had moved them to, where he took up a job as an industrial mechanic, was mostly home to soldiers and military personnel. During a rally, Xerus' hopes were swept up and he was carried off into the ranks to be educated, trained, and fed into battle like another round to be fired.

Over the years, Xerus' calculating nature gained him notoriety in battle due to his ability to assess a situation and predict the outcome, normally referring to enemy emplacements, movements, and counter tactics. He rose through the ranks and was assigned to lead his own squad of a special assault force which would infiltrate enemy bases, disable them as much as possible, and open a gateway for the allied forces to move in to instill the most destruction.

During a particular mission years into his career, a specific event lost him his title and demoted him to a basic recruitment instructor. This particular incident took place when it seemed that hatred towards the Federation was at it's peak. His team had infiltrated an enemy transport zone hoping to disable as many transports as possible to negate the possibility for the soldiers in the Federation to quickly move above the base during the Zeon assault within the next few days. What they found were not transports meant for military use, but transports retrofitted and housed full of Civilians waiting to finish their fueling and evacuate. His squad found that it would be ideal to take them out. Against his orders, a couple of his squad members detonated a transport housing hundreds of civilian lives. In a rage, Xerus killed his team. He was found by Federation forces, sitting amongst the burning wreckage of the civilian transport spattered with the blood of his team.

Taken prisoner, he was interrogated, tortured, and eventually traded off to the Zeon Assembly in exchange for Federation pilots which has been taken prisoner from the other side. Due to his previous tactical success in combat, renown, and the fact that he had survived Federation Interrogation without spilling any vital information, he was demoted and suited to train new Zeon Recruits opposed to being put to death.

Profile Name :
TechGerhard

Character Name :
Gustav McNelly III

Character Role :
Military Personnel

Character Talent Specialization :
Heavy Weapons

Character Age :
22 Earth years

Character Sex :
Male

Character Appearance :
Around 5ft 7in, and slightly underweight. Short red-turning-brown hair with a dyed stripe of green on his left side. Wears a orange t-shirt underneath a dark blue over-shirt and with slightly faded jeans.

He was naturally curious about nearly everything new he came across. He loves machinery, growing up he would look inside every new vehicle and gadget he saw. He was honorable and respectful, but he knew the line when honor matters and when things must be done for victory.

Character Strengths :
For someone of his size he was surprisingly athletic, mainly in upper arm strength and cardio. He ran 3 times faster and farther than the average male. He considers the well being of others far before his. He never acts selfish, for he knew that helping others was always helping him in one way or another. He was also a fast thinker and can react on the fly. He exploits this to be a sharp-shot, and battle strategist.

Character Faults :
If he knew about too much of a good thing, he wouldn't be where he is. He could've been promoted more times but he never thinks for himself at any point in his life. Everybody's need and wants were always put before his, nearly cost him his life when it didn't even matter.

Character Bio :
Growing up in a small town near an airport, Gustav had a love of two things, flying and big guns. There was a black market guy who would sell in random parts of the town and sometimes go missing for a few months. As a kid, Gustav would see this man and buy an R/C toy (they were hard to find that day and age) and every now and then he would demonstrate a weapon from his car. The guns were always big and always made a big mess, and he liked it. The man was surprisingly nice to him, even letting him fire some weapons at demonstrations. It wasn't until Gustav was 11 he discovered, the man was his uncle. But he was caught and executed when Gustav was a teenager. Every other month there was a testing of airplanes and jets for maintenance. They would put on sort of a show to make sure everything was all functional, and to Gustav, it was beautiful.

Growing up, he wasn't very fond of his name so, he preferred to be called Gus, Neil, or Bird (it was more word play with his "3rd" and love of flying than the fact that his father worked in a bird pavilion.)

There wasn't much to do in town so when an opportunity to join the military was open, he jumped at it. He's been in the military for the past 6 years, and only two things about him have changed. He didn't like to fly, he tried, it didn't end well. And he was promoted to Corporal when he was 19, and grew a mustache. Now, he just waits around for his next mission. He spends his time running for a few hours and helping train the recruits.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#2 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Leh Bump

Posted Image

#3 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Reviving this out of both the desire to see an RP spur up in the Gundam Universe and I REALLY need a distraction.

Posted Image

#4 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Sure, why not?

Spoiler

Posted Image

#5 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

New, Veteran, it doesn't matter. :) It's quite a bit of fun once you get the hang of it.

You're familiar with the Gundam series I would presume?

Posted Image

#6 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I know about the concepts of the show, if that's what you mean. Haven't seen an episode in years.
Posted Image

#7 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Awesome enough. Adding your profile.

Posted Image

Change Theme!