19 replies to this topic

#1 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

This guy is a beast! You only see him once you are level 80. He will ask you to kill him as he has beaten everything else before and wants to go to Sovengard.

I am playing on the second highest difficulty right now and this guy is harder than anything else I fought. His armour is much like a PC set with all sorts of healing and damage enchanting enchantments. He has a wicked bow and sword. Oh and haven't even gotten to the part where he has stone flesh and healing spells plus Unrelenting Force to knock you over.

Took me 5 tries to kill him! Even then it was a fluke since the werebear I summoned knocked him down off a ledge which hurt him bad before I critical hit him with my bow.

Basically if Skyrim had PvP this is what it would feel like, he has all you tricks and equipment.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I saw him once on my very first playthrough when I was level 15 or something, I just ignored him and never saw him again for my several hundred hours of 5 different playthroughs.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I saw him once on my very first playthrough when I was level 15 or something, I just ignored him and never saw him again for my several hundred hours of 5 different playthroughs.

I doubt that as he comes with the DLC and only appears once you attain level 80.

In my play through, he came and gave his speech then stood playing with his sword. I decided as my character is a thief stealthy type that out and out combat with that guy would be suicide. Anyway, I had invested all them perk points in backstabbing and all that so. Sneaky stealthy up behind him, hitting him with a 1143 kill point sword (over smithed/alchemy grind as well as a improve one handed potion by 147% and all associated one handed enchanted armour etc). Only took two thirds of his health! Luckily my dual weilding nordic and stalhrim swords with the Elemental fury shout saw a quick end to him.

Now my housecarl is rocking round windhelm in some fancy new ebony duds!

Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#4 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

He will just sit there until you leave. His Last Vigil is on the eastern edge of the map in the mountains. When I got there I saw him kill a Frost Troll and then tried to talk to him. He does nothing until you make the first attack.

After he killed me a couple times I tried sneaking in some stealth bow shots which only got about a third health down before he came after me and healed. Best tactic I found was shoot him and use any effects that knock him over or paralyze him. He is also huge btw, think of Tsun or whatever the guy in Sovengard at the bridge was called.
Who's like us?

#5 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Your probably right, Im talking about an Orc who surrounded by dead Sabre Cats and Bears and he asks you to kill him cause he wants an honourable death.

Posted Image

#6 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

I've done this fight to and I think that this is the best fight in the game ebony warrior I hope you are having a good time in sovengard
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#7 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Is it possible to level up to 80 and kill him then complete the main quest in sovengarde and see him there? :huh:

Posted Image

#8 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Good question. I had already done the main quest so cant test it now. You could do the Ogmha Infinitum glitch to get to 80 fast on a new character.
Who's like us?

#9 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Wow I don't know.

Anyway I'm not sure he'd get into sovangard as he's not a nord. He's a Redguard from Hammerfell.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Good point.

Ethnicity be a harsh thing in this game :(

Posted Image

#11 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Either way,

He be just some more shit I done killed!

You'd think killing stuff would get boring by it really doesn't. It's all the new inventive ways of killing stuff that makes the game awesome.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

#12 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Wow I don't know.

Anyway I'm not sure he'd get into sovangard as he's not a nord. He's a Redguard from Hammerfell.

General tullias goes to sovengard if you kill him in the civil war and he's an imperial

#13 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Someone needs to test this.

Posted Image

#14 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

I can test it cause I have beten him but not done the main story

#15 Brother Iken

Brother Iken

Chief Librarian

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

This guy is a beast! You only see him once you are level 80. He will ask you to kill him as he has beaten everything else before and wants to go to Sovengard.

I am playing on the second highest difficulty right now and this guy is harder than anything else I fought. His armour is much like a PC set with all sorts of healing and damage enchanting enchantments. He has a wicked bow and sword. Oh and haven't even gotten to the part where he has stone flesh and healing spells plus Unrelenting Force to knock you over.

Took me 5 tries to kill him! Even then it was a fluke since the werebear I summoned knocked him down off a ledge which hurt him bad before I critical hit him with my bow.

Basically if Skyrim had PvP this is what it would feel like, he has all you tricks and equipment.

Is it for PC or Xbox?

Posted Image

#16 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Wow I don't know.

General tullias goes to sovengard if you kill him in the civil war and he's an imperial

Does he? I knew the female Leggett did! Well being a dark elf I sided with the non racists. That said, my nord sided with the stormcloaks!
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

#17 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I bet when you go there you'll see the Ebony Warrior making Tsun his bitch :D

Posted Image

#18 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Is it for PC or Xbox?

I forget which dlc but it's part of that. Is that on PC yet?

Anyway I've got it on Xbox.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

#19 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

I did it Xbox with the Dragonborn DLC.