10 replies to this topic

#1 Brother Iken

Brother Iken

Chief Librarian

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

I am going to start a Salamander army and this is going to be my first time painting and assembling for the table top. I was wondering if you guys could give me a detailed guide on how to paint Salamanders from Dreadnoughts, Predator tanks,and also Vulkan He'Stan, as well as the basic line infantry. Could you also include pictures and or videos please if you find any or have any. Thank you.
Posted Image

#2 Krieger68b

Krieger68b

Battle Brother

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I have almost the entire second company ready to paint (give or take an assault squad or 2). here's how im going to paint them
how to paint slamanders part 1
Postad bild
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE! UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!!!

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Fixed the vid for you:

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 Krieger68b

Krieger68b

Battle Brother

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

also if you want to add a little flare to your army this site has some custom kits for salamanders
chapterhouse studios
Postad bild
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE! UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!!!

#5 Brother Iken

Brother Iken

Chief Librarian

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Thanks guys
Posted Image

#6 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I hear that painting is half the fun of getting a new army. Could you please post some pics after your army is painted.

#7 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Chapter house is awesome the only place where I can get my exorcists pads to. Sucks tht I have got to paid 20 dollars for shipping tho

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#8 Brother Iken

Brother Iken

Chief Librarian

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I hear that painting is half the fun of getting a new army. Could you please post some pics after your army is painted.

Ill try to once I get my first squad done and then ill keep posting pictures (Hopefully) of my newest achievements such as a predator tank or Dreadnought :3
Posted Image

#9 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Get the venerable dreadnought its great for salamanders, gives you a bit more to work with if your going with a flame color scheme which is what I did. I also heard that you got Vulkan He' Stan, and I would recommend using a very fine brush when painting the flames on his cloak or cape.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#10 Brother Iken

Brother Iken

Chief Librarian

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I don't think I'm ready for a venerable dreadnought. I'm going to start out with a regular one first.
Posted Image

#11 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Watch a few painting videos on youtube.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

Change Theme!