• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Arctic sixpence

Arctic sixpence

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Im thinking of getting Chapter Master Lugft Huron to add to my Astral Claw army, With his rules i am also allowed to take one elites choice from "Codex: Space Marines" and im unsure which i would be better to get, either a dreadnought of some kind or to take terminators to act as some sort of body guard for Huron....Any suggestions? all are greatly appreciated

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Venerable Dreadnought in lucius patteren drop pod (you know, to fuck everysingle one of your oponents tactics) and 5 terminators with storm shields in a Redeemer.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 HomelessPope

HomelessPope

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

You can never go wrong with TH/SS Terminators in a Land Raider. Don't discount the Ironclad (preferably with extra armor and assault launchers) in a Drop Pod though. With all the strength 7 and 8 out there, an AV 13 walker properly placed can curb stomp several units...especially if the opponent is slow to mobilize melta weapons against you.

Is Lugft Huron an IA special character? If so, he sounds much better than his Chaos counterpart.
HomelessPope, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jan 2012.

#4 Arctic sixpence

Arctic sixpence

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yea he is a Special IA unit and about 10 times better then his "Codex: Chaos Space Marines" counterpart, but you pay a premium in points to field him, well worth it though for the options he adds to your army and the raw killing power that he possesses as a model in the game

#5 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

Assault Terminators all the way.

Posted Image

#6 Arctic sixpence

Arctic sixpence

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

Thanks for the help guys, ive decided to go with a venerable dreadnought in a drop pod and to put Huron in a land raider redeemer, hopefully this is gonna do some damage to my opponents

#7 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Yay! My idea went through! Make sure you buy the Land Raider conversion kit for Astral Claws, and I would also recommend you buy the Assualt Terminators next as well, the Dreadnought will be recking shit up first turn (especially in a Lucious Patteren letting you assualt as well) and the LandRaider can easily absorb the fire thats not directed at the dreadnought while you charge full speed ahead with the Terminators and Huron killing their commander and the most powerful things they have. With this list I would recommend a Tacticul squad and a scout sniper squad with some assualt marines hiding behind the Land Raider moving forwards, and with any spare points buy a vindicator.

Posted Image

#8 Arctic sixpence

Arctic sixpence

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

I would do that with out a doubt if i could, but because its an imperial armour army list, taking Huron only allows me to take only one elites choice which means that it was a toss up between terminators and the dreadnought, i figured the dreadnought will draw fire away from my troops whilst crushing things in between. Also am unable to take scouts as im limited to Legion Auxilia (basically imperial guard conscripts) and Tactical squads, vindicator sounds like a good choice though didnt think of that......hehehe Kaboom!

#9 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Ahh, I get it, is this some sort of Imperial Armour list that was in the Badab War edition? In which case if you cant take any more elites then give Huron a Vanguard Squad with no Jump Packs, or an Honour Guard squad, both sit well in a Land Raider.

Posted Image

Change Theme!