4 Autocannons
Veteran of the Long War

5 Havocs
4 Missile Launchers

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line
Quad-gun

Total - 1847pts
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!

#2 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I see your going by sixth edition, which I don't have.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#3 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

I would drop 1 unit of autocannon havocs, then give ML's flak missiles. then buy a cheap squad or vehicle with leftover points
Posted Image

#4 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

I would agree with Draco some how find the spare points to give you missile launchers the flak missiles, you will need them.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#5 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

with both Heldrakes having flamers, you will lack anti-air capabilities, the Flaks compensate for this. 100 points will buy you a squad or HQ
Posted Image

#6 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Or swap one of the bale flamers for a hades autocannon

#7 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

good point tropic
Posted Image

#8 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Actually to say I do have anti-flyer units. I have the Quad-gun, the Heldrakes can vector strike them and if I need to shoot the autocannons at them. The only flyers that would pose a threat are Stormravens and Vendettas because of the 12 armour.
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!

#9 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

DAMN SON NICE ARMY YA GOT DER!!! im working on rebuilding my chaos army (my dog got ahold of em) but i just ordered a forgefiend and two squads of Chaos Raptors!
Posted Image

#10 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Vector striking is cool but still makes you count as firing one weapon if im not mistaken heldrakes only have one weapon, as for the quad gun i would make it my first priority target and neutralize it early on, so basically just spread it out dont put all your eggs in one basket mate.

#11 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

How am I putting all my eggs in one basket and another thing is flyers can shoot 4 weapons.

#12 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hmm... well I'm a novice (I have 1 Battle under my belt =P but I won so my Win/loss percentage is 100% =D) but I think it looks solid... though yes you lack in Heavy Air Defense, but since most armies basically have no air units... (At least where I'm at) I'd say your fine
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#13 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

No mate its just realing on the dice that has me a little concerned mate thats all, yes you have that option for your flyers but its something of a one hit wonder is vector striking, from my experience of it anyway not something to be totaly relyed upon, especially if you dont take down the enemy flyer.

#14 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

This game is having you rely on your dice roll. You can have a badass unit that gets easily destroyed because of bad dice rolls. I'm just saying mate that this game relies heavily on dice rolls, you can't say anything will work.

#15 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

not me i like to think im like horus(stares off into distance to imagine it) just without the dying part i don't really rely on my dice i normally just make the enemy move to crappy positions so i can rip them a new one. One time i made an eldar army go straight for my land raider with a daemon prince behind it (their lance battaries were destroyed 1st turn lol) and then the avatar got up close but not close enough to assault then i moved 20 chaos space marines in rapid fire range and gave it a bolter anema then it died and i moved my damon prince next turn and cleared the board :D. so to me dice arn't that important
Posted Image

#16 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

thats because your a god compared to the rest of us mere mortals ariok :D

#17 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

lol thank you but the point ive made is you can make people fail without dice so in my opinion feild whatever you want :D. i normally feild my "fluff" army no matter what

Posted Image

#18 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

OK then Lord Ariok and trophicmocha, I want to know how long you two have been playing Warhammer 40k? Please do not think I'm judging you based off the years you have been playing.

#19 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

almost 11 years now and don't worry about judging people based on how long they have been playing its better if you do tbh mate cus the advice long time players can give you its funny because sometimes their tactics are so simple and you don't even think of them :D
Posted Image

#20 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Almost 11 years myself aswell and i agree with what ariok has just said, dont rely on the dice but having said that most of the time it comes down to a combination of your opponent having made an error in tactics, good dice rolls and some good luck aswell, and keep your plans simple to the point and define the mission that you want a unit to achieve and stick to it and i have found that some times it is best to have more than one unit to do the samething for example anti-air, which makes havoc squads the most flexible unit in sixth edition so far.

Change Theme!