3 replies to this topic

#1 scrambles

scrambles

Witches are magically delicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

hey all, i just wanted to mention i'm writing a non 40k story, heavily inspired by gears of war and some other games. i'm really in need of some help in describing armor. it feels as though it's a crime not to detail armor and weapons. any help is appreciated. ps, the armor in the story is inspired by gears of wars Cog armor.
Posted Image

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm not familiar with Gears of War, but what kind of help do you need? I mean description is description. The best approaches are vague mention of it and its effect, or a literal description.

Coalition Armor or Plates[1][2] were multiple types of body armor that was worn by soldiers of the Coalition of Ordered Governments. It is made up of a unknown alloy that is found on the planet of Sera. A common feature between all the types of armor is that they are made up of a chest plate which is held together by two "seals", which resemble two large circles over the chest area. There are also lights that are on certain areas of the armor and power pack.[3]

"[Insert name] strode into the room, the chest plates of his armor gleaming under the artificial lights that dotted its surface. Flexing his shoulders the flexible shoulder plates clinked dully against where his COG pattern armor met it around his neck."

I don't know, something like that? *shrug*

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#3 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

If you need here's an example from my story about describing two sets of armor. Sorry there no COG armor but Metroid armors.

In the left tube, a blue-coloured suit sat; it was slender and contained purple patches, the colour mixing with the blue. The left arm had a button on the back of the hand, while the right arm had an arm cannon mounted to match the slender suit. The arm cannon was steel-gray in colour and had six cooling vents in the top. In the right tube was an orange and purple suit of armor, larger than the blue one and having more items attached to it than the blue suit, in addition to a big arm cannon in place of a right hand. Labeled on the tube of the aforementioned suit of armour were the words "Gravity Suit."

#4 scrambles

scrambles

Witches are magically delicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

thank you all for your help and suggestions. they're great ideas that helped get over a dry spell in the story i'll post it in the stories section here when i'm done. thanks again!
Posted Image

Change Theme!