5 replies to this topic

#1 OrkPork

OrkPork

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

I've been trying my hand at sniping lately, and I do alright with it when lag isn't an issue. I've gotten my share of headshots, and have both weapon perks for the stalker and lascannon.

That being said, I cannot figure out where exactly the hitbox is for headshots. I've heard that its just above the mouth, just above the head itself. Can anyone clarify this?

#2 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

I have the same issue. I'm not exactly sure were the hitbox is. My best guess in right between the shoulders and no higher.

#3 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

It seems to be more based on the weapon. As I have found that the head is the head for Bolter and Stalker Bolter, but for the Lascannon I have yet to find a definitive location that is the head.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#4 Greyest

Greyest

Meatshield

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:32 AM

Insofar as I've been able to discern, For the Lascannon, your best chances of a headshot are Anywhere on the head, but it's still a lot of luck for it to register.

#5 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

The game uses a round headshot hit location, compared to the normally squared hit box. This is what causes the issue with the las cannon as because of factors like lag and the small circle hit location many shots which should be a head shot become a miss. But when some one is standing still and you shoot them between the eyes and it still misses... No idea why.
Postad bild

#6 OrkPork

OrkPork

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Well that is just frustrating. Maybe Relic will resolve these issues somewhere down the road.

Change Theme!