Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Chapter One

The sky's above Nocturne were gray and despairing as if in mourning. The populace of of the seven cities Nocturne stood in respective silence. All across the planet silence took precedence.

Deep in the heart of Mount Deathfire, a large active volcano, gene forged beings clad in green armor watched respectfully as two of their battle brothers, stripped to their bare coal lack skin, lowered the body of a fallen hero, wrapped in a lack deathshroud, into a seething caldron of magma. Born in fire, in death they are returned to the heart and soul of Nocturne. Upon death each Salamander is returned to the fire in which they were forged. Captains and battle brothers food in ordered ranks as they mourned the passing of their chapter master, especially the first captain by the name of Agatone.

Four months before....

As green armored drop pods dropped towards the surface of Magna Prime, Astartes readied their weapons for war. Bolters loaded, blades bristling with barely controlled violence, they recited the litanies of battle. " We are Vulkan's hammer, the Emperor's retribution, we shall enact the Emperor's judgement upon thee, there is only the Imperium, a light in the darkness. We are the praetorians of humankind. We shall bring death to the heretic, xenos, and mutant. Let none stay our wrath," said in unison by the occupancy of one of the drop pods, one of which was fist captain Adrax Agatone.

" Brothers, the pop lance of this world have turned against the Imperium. We are here to bring them back into the fold. Now, their have been reports of traitor legionaires, so be vigilant, nothing may be certain," said Agatone. A sergeant replies, " twenty seconds to impact," in response, " steel our resolve, brothers. For Vulkan," voiced the captain. The impact on the planets surface caused great shudders up the ceramite plating of the drop pod.

One hundred and twenty, the vanguard, disembarked from their pods. Hails of las fire and heavy weapons fire assailed them. In response a storm of bolter fire smashed into the tide of rebels, in hastily constructed earth works. Slowly, the green armored figures advanced towards the benighted the traitors. Soon the Salamanders veterans are deep within the rebel horde. Brandishing his relic power sword with finesse, Captain Agatone dispatched the treasonous rebels with ease. Shortly afterwards, the ground was soaked in the blood of traitors. With the task done of establishing a landing zone, Imperial forces landed vast amounts of men and war materials. Three companies of the Salamanders chapter met up with their bretheren. As the chapter master approached the first captain, he said, " Well, Adrax it seems you never cease get the job done." "It is only my duty to the chapter and the Imperium," replied the captain. " You still do our chapter proud, Adrax," said the chapter master. Looking towards the chapter master the first captain said, " Our task is not over, we must still finish our pacification of the rebels." " True. So let us get down to business."

In the makeshift command bunker for Imperial forces, the senior commanders of the 422nd and 564th Cadian regiments along with the first, second, third, and fourth captains of the Salamanders met to discuss how they would conduct this war. " My brothers and I will clear the outer trenches and bunkers and pave the way for the assualt," said the chapter master. " Our artillery are being deployed as we speak, they should be able to provide support for your bretheren, my lords," replied The Lord general of the guardsmen. " We will require their support upon taking the city walls. We can take the trenches, " said Agatone. " We could, but it would be more efficient with the support from the artillery, Adrax." " As you will chapter master," replied the first captain. " Lord general what is the estimated rebel strength within the city?" asked the chapter master. The Lord general replied, " Half the city is in full blown rebellion. We have no measure of what they are equipped with." " then we shall reconvene after we have taken the trenches. Return to your duties," said the chapter master.

Note: just thought I'd add a back story to how I became chapter master, and to write short stories.

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#2 Brother Veranon

Brother Veranon

Dishonored Wanderer

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

I like where this is going brother, now is rthis the one we dusscussed?
Tzeentch guids us, and influences all without ones knowledge.

#3 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

yes it is , but lets us discuss, your part in private as to not spoil the plot.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

Change Theme!