• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fury_of_the_Firedrakes

Fury_of_the_Firedrakes

Master of Sanctity

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Sorry if i didn't spell things right i do have dyslexia.
I was going to try and see if this list worked well with my Salamanders army but as i don't really want to make rules that limit it two one army that would have an advantage over another army with the same squad. I would love to get feedback of all kinds :). I actually really quite enjoy making these up and any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D

[attachment=424]
Posted Image

#2 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Well you've spelt everything right as I have an advanced reading/writing age so I should know.

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#3 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I like the sounds of this, see where you are coming from, i would live out the librarian, chaplain, chapter master, and the master of the forge, just as it makes it more simpler and easier to use the current stuff in the codex, and it will be less confusing, also see about doing it so that they can join the squad without using up a hq selection choice, also consider having the squad lead by the chapter champion instead of the apothecary as that would be more in keeping with what your going for, so its more of honour guard squad in terminator armour, just my humble opinion, but other than that i thing it looks good
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#4 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I agree with tropicmocha. No point making special addendums for things that are already in the rules. Also that honor guard as written, is a way to get a better librarian for less points. It essentially gives you a Tigurius for 180pts, which is a steal.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#5 Fury_of_the_Firedrakes

Fury_of_the_Firedrakes

Master of Sanctity

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

I like the sounds of this, see where you are coming from, i would live out the librarian, chaplain, chapter master, and the master of the forge, just as it makes it more simpler and easier to use the current stuff in the codex, and it will be less confusing, also see about doing it so that they can join the squad without using up a hq selection choice, also consider having the squad lead by the chapter champion instead of the apothecary as that would be more in keeping with what your going for, so its more of honour guard squad in terminator armour, just my humble opinion, but other than that i thing it looks good

Thanks for that i will try and see what i can do.

I agree with tropicmocha. No point making special addendums for things that are already in the rules. Also that honor guard as written, is a way to get a better librarian for less points. It essentially gives you a Tigurius for 180pts, which is a steal.

Well considering that the original model costs 80 points +180 = 260 :P

Posted Image

#6 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

Well you've spelt everything right as I have an advanced reading/writing age so I should know.

it is Spelled like that
Posted Image

#7 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

Your model is 80pts. You can make him a Chief Librarian for +100pts. That is a total of 180pts for a Psyker that knows all Psychic powers, aka Tigurius.

• One Honour Guard Veteran may be upgraded to a Chief Librarian +100 pts

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#8 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Also for the inspiring presence rule, consider having one member upgrade to carry the chapter standard to give the rule, instead of the squad, in all these suggestions should bring the cost of the actual squad down and make it more affordale to use on the field.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

Change Theme!