• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:42 AM

Thousands of astropaths and psykers screamed out in horror, and writhed in pain in an instant. Each became nothing more than a raving lunatic, crying out in the language of Chaos. For those who were left, they knew what was soon to come. The slaughter, a slaughter fit enough to satiate the most bloodthirsty of entities, save a few. No, not a slaughter. An all-out war. In desperation they called out to those few Chapters who would heed the call. The Imperium's Holy Astartes answered the call, and in great numbers. But to wonder, who or what, could cause fear in the High Lords of Terra, to requisition almost half of the Astartes. There were doubts as to what was to occur next, but those who were not resolute in the cause of the Astartes were soon silenced . . . .

And then the Great Eye suddenly burst open, the Traitor Legions sprang forth, eager to meet their brothers.

Black Crusade XIV

The Players:

The Black Crusade will be a Storyline Campaign that will involve two simple sides, the Imperium and the Traitor Legions. The campaign will progress as each side rages for control of Cadia, the only bastion of hope protecting Terra.
All individual warbands and chapters are automatically entered as this is a mass team fight, so not all matches will consist of forces from a single faction. This is to best represent the maddening chaos of the Black Crusade.

The Rules:

The Black Crusade will progress in a series of 5-Game Rounds. Each Game Victory will provide a specific bonus that may be utilized by the winning side for their next round for ONE game. Each game will have a very specific ruleset that will vary from each other game in the round and even from games in other rounds.

No player may play multiple times within the same round, this is to make sure everyone fights . . . and no body quits.There are NO losers, so just because you have lost a game doesn't mean you are booted from the campaign.

The Faction Leaders of each side will form a council who will be tasked with enforcing their own sides rules, as well as utilizing the bonus rules.

In each game, any participant that is a Faction Officer, XO, or Leader, will provide a special bonus in the ultimate outcome of the game, this will represent the true fighting and strategic skill of the Factions' Command. However, no more than 3 of the above may participate in any one game for the same reason, since leaders are supposed to be rare, not found in baskets by the dozen.
Faction Officers/XOs/Leaders confer the following bonuses that will be calculated AFTER the game is finished, meaning campaign scores will usually be above the actual possible in-game score.
- Each kill in Annihilation adds a bonus +0.5 to their side's kills.
- Each point capture or defense in Seize Ground adds +25 to their sides point's.
- Each point capture in Capture & Control adds +0.5 to their side's points.
- Each Dreadnought point capture adds +0.5 to their sides point's.
- Each Flag Capture in CTF adds 0.5 to their sides capture points.

Since all Chapters are allied and all Warbands are allied in this campaign, no game may consist of less than an 8v8. There are considerable amounts of players on each side, and no one should go unnoticed.

Finally, each round's results and rulesets will be posted in the same thread. The first round will begin in November.

Round 1

- Game 1 ~ Battle of the Recruits ~
This will be a Seize Ground mission to 1000, no time limit. Shattered Bridge
No perks are allowed, and all players MUST stay to using one loadout throughout the game. Only Bolters, Chainswords, Bolt Pistols, and HBs allowed.
Winning team may *promote* one player to temporary Faction Officer status for 2 rounds.

- Game 2 ~ Smash & Grab ~
This will be CTF mission to 3; 5 minute time limit. Chem Refinery
All players MUST use only the Assault class for this game.
Winning team may add a time limit of 10min. to one game for the next round.

- Game 3 ~ Linebreaker ~
This will be a Dreadnought mission to 10, no time limit. Hab Center
All players MUST use a Thunder Hammer, Lascannon, or Vengeance Launcher for this game.
Winning team may allow the use of restricted weapons (for games with such a rule) for one game next round.

- Game 4 ~ Land Grab ~
This will be Capture & Control mission to 20, no time limit. Basilica
Only one Faction Officer, XO, or Leader, may join this game, however, after the game, each point they are help of capture counts as 3x times that. Message me the modified scores.
Winning team may restrict the enemy team to using 2 less players for one game, next round.

- Game 5 ~ Champion Duel ~
This will be an Annihilation Mission to 41, no time limit. Manufactorum
Only 4 players from each side. This will consist in a series of 1v1s. When a player is killed, another one from his side will take his place in the 1v1. Only the middle area will be used for fighting.
Winning team may restrict the enemy team from using only one class for one game, next round.

In events of a tiebreak within a game due to Faction Command modified scoring, the least modified score is the winner.

GLORY TO THE DARK GODS! / PRAISE THE EMPEROR!
Everyone have a goooooooood time. :)
"Accept the Challenge, No Matter the Odds"

#2 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Spoiler

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#3 Bloodbone

Bloodbone

Crimson Fist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

This sounds like a very nice competition. Couldn't the Grey Knights ask other chapters to help fill in so they can participate?
I will bathe in your BLOOD

#4 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, that's sorta what I was trying to get at with the sub-groups thing, for all low-member factions, they can temporarily recruit others for the campaign, sorry if I wasn't clear with that. Although you don't need a full 8 members for a match, but at least 5.

#5 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

All factions have plenty of time, but just a FYI. Any faction that doesn't PM me their perks before the rounds, then I will have to select perks for them, that will be the most relatable to their chapter's tactics.

#6 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

We could ask I suppose I'll go talk to didtal

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#7 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

This looks good, will be sure to mention it to the higher ups, when would you like the perks list to be sent into you by, what say the 4th november.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#8 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

I have completely changed the original post, so may everyone go ahead and check it out, it was pretty big chance, inspired by a recent thread along with certain concerns.

#9 EliteCaptain Falkus

EliteCaptain Falkus

FALKUS Black Legion First Captain

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

We should have the loyalist spread about the maps defending em ( like in the books ) and have certain legions together as close alies and rival matches eg raven guard against iron warriors, blood angels against the black legion etc to spice it up abit.
My hammer will bring ruin!!
My sword will taste the blood of the loyalist!!
We are returned!! for the glory of horus!!
Kneel before Falkus Black legion's First captain!

#10 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

I wanted it to seem that Chaos already had a foothold on Cadia, and that the campaign now was to decide whether or not Chaos would continue to drive into the Imperium, or be driven back into the warp. I'm sketchy on the Rivals idea since really every Chaos Legion has rivalry with every 1st Founding Space Marine chapter by now.

#11 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Agreed. I'll speak to didtal next time he is on. I agree with this totally. We have four active members so we will only borrow four, and i have an idea of whom as the raven guards JACCX is joining us shortly for training so we may only need to borrow three. However the rule of No player may play multiple times within the same round I don't agree on. Because some factions may only be able to bring say eight members online for the games what would happen then? And with the GK for example we are going to borrow a few members but not enough to have an extra team for other games.

#12 EliteCaptain Falkus

EliteCaptain Falkus

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Theres bigger rivalries back when the traitors first turned al I remember is, blood angels rivals are the black legion for Horus killing there primarch, iron hands rivals are the emperors children ( who aren't created yet ) dark angels and night lords , iron warriors and raven guards , space wolves and thousand sons , word bearers and ultramarines there the main ones. Could make a few tweaks thou as some legions aren't created yet.  
Is the leader match happening to decide who overal commander is of the crusade? That one Surely needs to be done.

That rule about no one player can play multiple games should be changed due to some
Legions not having many players.

#13 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

^ iron warriors and imperial fists id say...

#14 EliteCaptain Falkus

EliteCaptain Falkus

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

Iron warriors have two rivals imperial fists and the raven Guard...

#15 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

why the raven guard?

#16 EliteCaptain Falkus

EliteCaptain Falkus

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

It was in the audio book of the Horus Hersey... Ravens flight. It says the raven Guards despie the iron warriors for there brutish methods while the iron warriors called the raven guards cowardly for there gorilla tactics so the primarchs hated each other during the crusade and it grew into a hated rivalry between legions.

#17 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

And let us not get into all the rivals on the chaos side...

Posted Image

#18 EliteCaptain Falkus

EliteCaptain Falkus

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

There the main ones which should be put in the crusade ... A chance for vegenece for the legions

#19 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Althou im loyal my inner khorne berseker demands blood!
2 linkiss for you khorne lovers

A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#20 achillesFTW1337

achillesFTW1337

Black Templar

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

I apologize if I wasn't clear. Members from different factions, but same side, can participate in the same game. In fact, none of the members have to be from the same faction at all. For example a single game could consist of teams like . . .

(2 Crimson Fists, 1 Dark Angel, 1 Salamander, 3 Blood Ravens, 1 Deathwatch [Officer]) vs
(2 Night Lords [1 Officer], 3 Black Legionnaires, 1 Alpha Legionnaire, 1 Iron Warrior, 1 Thousand Son [Officer]).

Change Theme!