2 replies to this topic

#1 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

" 'Humanity'...what a questionable thing when you really look into it's eyes. So long we have thrived to exist and expand - and so we have. With a determination unquestioned and steeled in pride, we have sprawled across this Universe burning any which stands in our way. But why? For 'Humanity.' A word so strong yet so fragile, molded upon the foundation of our very self-granted title. Are we so arrogant? Are we so bold as to spread into a universe ruled by Xenos and Demons that we beat upon the shore with gunfire and particle streams in lieu of waves of cobalt blue? For 'Humanity.' For the Emperor."

"Never should my faith be questioned - however we are human, and our minds shall wander. This is especially true given my Chapters' background. The things done to accomplish our goals - monumental to some, questionable to others. The inquisition breathes' down our necks as if hungering wolves waiting for the first sign of weakness to strike. Sadly they'll fail. Sadly they'll find that our strength comes from a much deeper and momentous trait." Seig ran a streak of black across the damaged pauldron, outlining it's new 'scar'.

The shuttle rocked as they sped across the surface of the heretic planet. He could hear the trading of fire below in the form of solid rolled shells and plasma, hissing through the air. A splatter, a thud, a rocking of the ship - He was knee-deep in an extermination on a Planet he wasn't even supposed to be on. The visor of his helmet fizzled with static as a large explosion sent a shock through the air outside - He gave no reaction but to keep speaking.

" We, as humans, will always have questions. 'What? Why? When? How? At what cost?' To vocalize them is usually met with being cast down as a traitor. To assume an answer is to step against our Emperor. Judge me not by my understanding, but by my undying faith in he who protects and shields. " He stood, taking care in reattaching the removable plate once he was done marking it's latest battle wound. " May my sins of gazing into the eyes of truth be atoned for with the blood of our heretic bastards. "

The rear hatch of the shuttle opened as it came to a hard landing. Dust and debris filled the air as he stepped out, heavy boots slamming against the barren ground which cracked and shifted beneath his weight. As the dust cleared to reveal his stoic stature wielding his modified storm bolter at his left, and extended combat knife at his right, the scene took shape in his eyes. Children clung to their parents - eyes peered from stone and sand hovels. Dusk masked humans marked in blood and sweat directed their attention to his coagulated blood red armor streaked in black stripes.

Seig tilted his head, the lenses in his helmet flaring. 'Humanity... we wipe ourselves from the faces of worlds in the pursuit of unity.' The words filled his head as if a white-hot knife. " Heretics - May your blood fuel our rage. May your defeat empower our strike. " He brought his bolter up, aiming directly at a cowering mother with her child held tightly in her arms. " May your sins guide you into eternal damnation - The Emperor has decided. No other fate awaits you. " A group of enraged militants charged forth with crude melee weaponry in hand.

A loud scream followed by a barrage of single-weapon gunfire filled the air.

The lone Templar of Blood would bathe in crimson this day.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#2 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well done, very enjoyable.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#3 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Good read sir, very good read.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

Change Theme!