Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

Cru Edit: Official Reply Post #9 :)

this thread is very simple.
A few members from blacktemplars created this site and came here because they were not getting along with the mods. I was obviously not intrested in whos feelings were hurt and noticed, what i concidered a friend, was being wronged. That was fine. however i also came here to this site because it was to be made "without the same bulshit" that Sion was heaping on us there.

Over the past three weeks i have been hearing more and more that the same oppressive crap has been going on here. What the fuck guys? Think back, and think hard. What happened there, and is it happening here?

There are mods here that i dont agree with, however this is not my site, and i am not here to make decisions for it. but i have seen this site grow. it is not just a little village anymore. it is a freaking town. that said i like it here. Apullo has done fantastic work and when Cru brought us here he made us feel welcome.

So my question is very simple.

What happened to that attitude brothers, and what has caused that to change? help me understand why, because i know there are others that dont get it either.
I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#2 Dragon-Silver

Dragon-Silver

Gothic Wars Acolyte - Fallen Hunter

• Acolyte
  • Others:
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:31 AM

You've been hearing wrong.
You're thinking about The Dernian Heresy, where the Arch-Traitor, Dern attempted to destroy the website and split the Dark Angels Chapter.
The Ravenwings purpose is to hunt the Fallen.
The Unforgiven shall be redeemed.
The Fallen will be purged.

#3 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

You've been hearing wrong.
You're thinking about The Dernian Heresy, where the Arch-Traitor, Dern attempted to destroy the website and split the Dark Angels Chapter.

no offence bro. but you dont know me and you dont hear the things i do. you have been here a couple months whereas i am one of the few origional members.

for those of you that dont understand that look at Cru's, Apullo's, or Gerheart's date of joining and mine, then compare

you dont game with me and you are not a mod, so dont tell me what i know or try to steer the topic off base.

#4 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Well said brother.

Sent from the Melta practice chambers of the Righteous Truth

#5 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

What specifically are you talking about?

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#6 Dark War Paladin

Dark War Paladin

Meatshield

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Brother Aries speak truth, ive not been here long but i hear from those whom have how things r changin, and not all for the better.
DARKWAR PALADIN, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since May 2012.

#7 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Sounds like your not hearing the entire story from all the points of view. It's better to get the full story then hear what from a certain side.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#8 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

Can someone say something specific rather than vague sayings?

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

The simplest explanation Aries is that some Fist members interpreted the forum rules regarding post content poorly (in reference to how they apply in the public areas) and were hit with a spat of warnings. Some applied by a Mod who was a Fist, causing it's own issues.

This happened when feathers were still ruffled due to the Dernian Heresy and some poor judgement calls by were made by a Mod and more Fist members, forcing both sides through a stupid & petty escalation of what was really just a minor problem that could have been solved with a simple and amiable conversation.

Since then Gerhart and the Staff Team have come to an agreement that should end the cycle of stupidity. Essentially the "frathouse" stuff gets kept in the Fist area where Gerhart's interpretation of the rules applies, and that Moderators may not Moderate any member of a faction they are (or were recently) a part of (they may move posts to archive, but may not apply judgement).

So as you can already see, it wasn't a total loss. As I've said a few times, the Staff have been trying to reorganize things for a few months to make everything run smoother and with less instances of "perceived persecution" (the reason it's taking so long is holidays and unforeseen "events"). This debacle highlighted some "holes" in staff SOP and those have been added to the list of things we're reviewing. An example would be that we had no consequence system for Mods when they fucked up, we can't fairly apply the warning system for Staff actions, so we need another more serious professional reprimand system.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

Edit:

Deleted my post because Crucias handled it better.
Posted Image

#11 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

thanks for the post cru

@aries, the situation has been handled, so dont worry about it :P

Posted Image

#12 Bloodbone

Bloodbone

Crimson Fist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

Well said Aries.
I will bathe in your BLOOD

#13 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

well said Cru.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#14 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Thanks Cru. That makes me feel better. As a grunt on the ground sometimes questions need to be answered. I'm sorry if I came off harsh. I had to ask on behalf of my guys not fully understanding. Thank you again for coming out and letting us know.
I like the ideas you mentioned. It's hard to reprimand someone when they do this stuff for free.
Again I appologise if I came off harsh. And thank you.

Got ya Grim. Appreciate it brothers.

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks Cru. That makes me feel better. As a grunt on the ground sometimes questions need to be answered. I'm sorry if I came off harsh. I had to ask on behalf of my guys not fully understanding. Thank you again for coming out and letting us know.

I am aware of how many people have been kept in the dark and spoon fed only portions of the story. That does not specifically mean this incident alone, but all things that go on here.

We (Staff and Leaders) do really need to be better at not bringing council grievances home to our places of residence. It's not helpful, mature or constructive for someone frustrated by Council discussions or votes to pass that restlessness onto their chapter (or in our case colleagues since most of us are chapterless).

That in part is how this escalated, people not directly involved were "entrained" into it by those around them.

For example: awhile back Dern, after being declined as an Admin or Mod, tried to gain control over Mod Action and was shot down for it by more than just Staff; so instead he launched a propaganda campaign - and you saw how that turned out.

Therefore it's important to know both sides of a story, and you always have the right to make a thread and ask questions. However we would ask that if it's a sensitive issue and there is a risk your thread could be used to escalate the issue, please just open a ticket; staff will always be willing to help people, if you ask nicely :D

I like the ideas you mentioned. It's hard to reprimand someone when they do this stuff for free.

That's not actually what I meant. The warning system is a graded ladder towards being automatically banned that a member climbs for misconduct on the site.

A moderator screwing up should lead to their dismissal as a mod, not their banning from the site. Therefore we need a professional ladder for Mods to climb to ensure they learn from mistakes and do not get complacent, leading to the repetition of prior mistakes. Just because someone is not suitable as a Mod, doesn't mean they cannot still be a member of the community.

Obviously if they fuck up spectacularly, say go to war with their powers, then they would be dismissed and warned. As I said, this is all "under construction" right now, it'll be announced after Staff finish making sure it's fair and thorough.

Again I appologise if I came off harsh. And thank you.

Considering some of the things others said, you came off as a fluffy teddy bear ;)

cruSig2.jpg

#16 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

I am pretty fluffy lol

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

I am pretty fluffy lol

Just an FYI, I have this really bad OCD habit to hit post instead of preview. So I post it, re-read it and then edit it :D

I added a few things since you probably first read it, trying to make it a little more broad and clear.

cruSig2.jpg

#18 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Well that's ok. But you might need to check one of my other posts... Me thinks me made a boo boo... No pun intended...
In the star track thread

#19 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

Well that's ok. But you might need to check one of my other posts... Me thinks me made a boo boo... No pun intended...
In the star track thread

Most certainly, but it's bandaided now.

cruSig2.jpg

#20 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thanks though i decided it best to remove the bandaid and cut off the limb. :cool:

Change Theme!