Photo

A story of sorts...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

First off, I don’t know if this is the right place to post something like this, but I’ll go ahead anyway. If it’s wrong, I apologize. Just felt like writing something after playing a few random matches.

The next map is Hab Center. I skeptically look through the player list. A list full of unknown names and a variety of levels; lowest 15, highest 37. Could still be a challenge though…

The game starts, and I choose my equipment. A small surge of adrenaline rushes my system. My Iron Warrior steps out from the Warp with a Stalker Bolter/Melta loadout. I start out in the west tower, along with the rest of my “team”. Without a doubt I start running for the stairs leading down to the tunnel, my Stalker at the ready. The glory of the first kill is all I think of. To be the first that brings death to the enemy, to be the first to let blood flow onto the battlefield.

I throw myself down the first set of stairs to the balcony, and look down the aim of my Stalker. There, in the tunnel leading to the east tower, I find my first prey. Two Tactical Space Marines running towards the second tower. They presumably teleported in on the lower levels of the tunnel, and are now trying to regroup with the other loyalists. Like I would let them… Three shots in the back head of the straggler puts him down hard. The lead runner is completely oblivious to the shadow of death that I cast over him through my enhanced sight. I empty the remaining magazine into him, the killing shot shattering his lower back.

I let the genetically enhanced muscles in my leg carry me forward through the tunnel while I reload my weapon, keeping a sharp eye out for any signs of enemies. Closing in on the tunnel opening, towards the killing ground between the two towers, I slow down my stride. I step out in the opening and take aim at the first target I find: An Assault Marine who just landed in the middle of the killing ground. I fire a shot at him, not to kill, but to lure him in. He swallows my bait, hook, line and sink. Before he can land atop of me, my Melta is in my hands, and he’s dead before he touches the ground.

I head back through the tunnel, but before I come halfway to the eastern stairs Bolt shots start flying around me. Apparently someone noticed my takedown of the Assault. Two Tactical Marines comes charging me, the lead one firing his Bolter at the hip. Seems he prefers quantity over quality. Not really my style, so I stand my ground and take aim with my Stalker. I quickly find his helmet in my crosshair, and squeeze the trigger. Three rounds later he is on the ground. Quality.

The second Marine crosses the distance between us quickly, without doubt. I see the Melta in his hands, and decide to match him. I equip my own Melta, and start to back away from him as the first shot of thermal waves erupts from his weapon. He is eager, and looking for that easy one-shot-kill, like every other Melta user. I take my time. I dance with him for a while. I get a feeling of the timing of his shots. Then I strike! I stop avoiding his relentless fire and dive through one of the thermal waves, getting close and personal. While his Melta is still recharging, I squeeze my trigger and watch as his power armor melts away along with his ribcage. Even though he wasn’t good enough to kill me, he was good enough to give me a challenge, and therefore I honor him with a quick thought.

As I turn around to continue my way towards the eastern stairway, my vision is suddenly filled with a bright searing light. My dead body hits the ground hard, my head scorched away by the concentrated Lascannon blast. I get a glimpse of my slayer, a Devastator Marine standing atop of the balcony in the stairway.

But I’m favored by the Chaos Gods, and they allow me to once again rise from the dead. I appear from the Warp with a new body, and a new goal. To claim revenge on the Devastator that ended my life. The Warp has spawned me in the central structure of the killing ground between the towers. Perfect

I jump of the side and sprint towards the eastern tower, bullets strafing the ground when I pass, unseen enemies trying to stop my advance. I heed them no mind, and race up the stairs leading to the second story of the tower. As I round the pillar at the top of the stairs, I am met by the sight of a Devastator Marine readying his Heavy Bolter. Hesitation means death. Instead of diving for cover, I start charging this new enemy. I run in an angle, avoiding taking his full automatic fire heads on. His fire rips the stone floor and walls to shreds, but none of his bullets finds its mark. When I close up to him, I run past him and throw myself to the side, effectively positioning myself at his back, Melta at the ready. Now I can feel him panicking, and he uses all his might to turn around the stationed Heavy Bolter. But it’s all for naught. It takes me three shots to turn him into a pool of molten metal and burnt flesh. I take a moment to breath in the disgusting smell to peak my senses. Then I continue my hunt…

I can feel the Chaos Gods smile upon me when I steps out at the top of the stairs. For down below me, on the balcony, the Devastator still stands, firing his Lascannon diligently into the turmoil that has erupted down in the tunnel where the forces of Chaos and Loyalists cross Chainswords and Bolters. Even though he is killing my “comrades” in droves, I take my time. I walk down the stairs toward my enemy, who is all too busy aiming down the scope to be aware of my approach, my Melta in my left hand, and my Combat Blade in my right. He never saw what hit him, but he did feel it. I use my Melta to melt the back of his Power Armor, exposing naked seared flesh. Before he could turn around, my Combat Blade pierced its way into his back, and I commenced stabbing him repeatedly until I could wrench his spine from his body.

I took some time to gather my breath, and admiring my handiwork. The corpse lying on the grid floor of the balcony looked like a burnt and ripped ragdoll. He had been a good sharp shooter, but he had made three mistakes.
First: He had killed me.
Second: He didn’t change his location after the kill.
Third: He didn’t keep watch on his surroundings, enabling me to sneak up on him.
No challenge at all…

The sounds of battle called me back to my senses, so I took my Stalker Bolter and started firing into the throng of the battle below. Not to help my Chaos “allies”, but to spread more death among my enemies! The rest of the battle turned into a blur after that. I hunted, killed and survived on pure instincts, for no other enemy challenged my skills. Death came to me a couple of times more, but I hunted down all my killers and slaughtered them.

Abruptly the match was over. My team stood as the winners, and I looked at my scores with little interest. 15 kills, 4 deaths. Good, but could be better. I watched apathetically as some of the names on the player list disappeared, and a few new ones appeared. Next map is Waste Management. Maybe this time there will be a challenge…?

Posted Image

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

A story is a story. But it's well done.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#3 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Great use of real life in am well done

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

Change Theme!