37 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

I was wondering if some people would play this. I was thinking about starting to play it again.
Pretty much you have to build up a castle, defend your castle with troops. You can have a Liege Lord who can deposit troops inside your castle to defend but they will also be stationed there to attack AIs or enemies. Also Leige Lords can be a good thing but if you have a Liege Lord who is at war with others you could be razed for holding enemy troops.
You have to research technologies to improve your castle and gathering rates.
Still would anyone start playing this?
If anyone would like to start playing this then just say so.
the link to the website is https://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/
Also this is a game which you will have download as it is not browser based. It is not a large file 180MB the installer is about 15MBs
If people don't really want to get involved fair enough. I will just play by myself ;)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I shall join you my slaneshi friend! I like medevial themesso this should be interesting for me!!!

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#3 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Is it like tiberium alliances?

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#4 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

I shall join up my friend

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Metalhead - Yay I think we should join at the same time on a world and place ourselves close to each other.

White - Kind of. It has the base building but troops take time to attack as they have to travel to the location. Also Research is done over hours not needing to attack to get points and stuff you get Research points for every rank you go up or you can buy them with in game gold which you can buy or get from taxes.

I haven't played it in about 8 months or a bit longer.
I can't remember the world but I would prefer to avoid it as I am a Prince there and have research almost everything and the world is filled with quite a few dicks that want to kill everything.

Yay got a few members now. Just to let you know it is set in the UK medieval style so each country has to be taken by votes of people in of the counties, then the parishes make up the people in charge of the counties. There is quite a bit of politics to the game that there are Houses and these House go for glory to win the glory rounds. I remember House 19 won it 6 times in a row. People got pissed off with them because they ruled Scotland, England and almost Wales so everyone killed them =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#6 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Ok say when and I'll join up when am next on :D

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

#7 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ok I say we go for World 4. I haven't been there. I think we should try and all be close so we can trade weapons, supplies and food. I remember some of the stuff from my old gaming days. I will make a guide in a few days for you to use. =)

#8 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Let me know where you set up and I will join in and snuggle up to you.

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#9 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Brother white, you don't know how wring that sounds to my filthy mind...i need to find a car wash and get it cleaned

#10 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Ha, hey man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

#11 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Brother white, you don't know how wring that sounds to my filthy mind...i need to find a car wash and get it cleaned

Just wait till you meet the other Templars 

I remember House 19 won it 6 times in a row. People got pissed off with them because they ruled Scotland, England and almost Wales so everyone killed them =P

Huh... Visualizing that just made my day....I think I'll join just because of these 2 sentences ...HA!
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#12 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I might join as well brothers.
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

This picture tells you where we are to group up. I want to be in the north of Scotland. We shouldn't have any problem from the Houses as long as we do not upset any of them EG taking their parishes.
Posted Image
We should be fine. I will start my base of now. We should be fine because someone if they see you are active will want to use your base for troop deposit and become your Leige Lord so you can defend from AI attacks or possibly Player attacks but you will have some player protection when you start =)

You can only rule a parish if you are voted in by a the people around a Parish. After you become steward for a Parish you have to build up the Parish's buildings which give bonuses to everyone in Parish and you can vote for people or yourself to become the ruler of a County and so on until a Country is ruled.
I want this just to be a fun little pass time not something to be taken serious. I will make us a Faction. Just put in there the general stuff that we will be peaceful unless provoked and what not.
Great to see people are taking an interest =D
Also please put your username so I know who to add to the faction when I can make one =)

#14 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I SHALL BE THERE. BRAVEHEART AND ALL THAT.

Posted Image

#15 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Username is Metalhead666X

The game is downloading now. 
We can go from the top down and DESTROY THEM ALL.

Eventually.

Posted Image

#16 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Yes will take a very very very long time if you wanted to destroy everyone =P

#17 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

usermane Brother White once it downloads I will be in.

#18 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

^in referance to the map y not the one directly below it as that's close to Inverness where im living right now :D

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I went for the County Caithness because it is small and we would have a higher chance of being close to each other =)
You could go there but I would prefer if everyone was close so we reduce trading times and all that. =)

#20 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

I will download it when I return home later on this afternoon-evening
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

Change Theme!